It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthy active people die of Swine Flu in Canada and UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

he son of an Airdrie woman who died of swine flu said his mother was happy, vibrant and healthy the day before she was rushed to hospital with breathing problems.

That was last Friday.

But by Wednesday morning, 47-year-old Tammy Gunn had died, becoming the first person in Alberta with no history of medical problems to be killed by the new virus.

Her family doesn’t understand how she wasn’t able to fight off the illness.

“Other than arthritis, which kept her home much of the time, she was a healthy lady,” said Trevor Gunn, 20. “She had no other health problems that we knew about.”

www.calgaryherald.com...

A patient in Essex has become the first in the UK without underlying health problems to die of swine flu.

The patient died earlier at Basildon and Thurrock University Hospital.

NHS East of England said it would release no further details about the patient following a request by the family.

Two people in Canvey Island are being treated for a mild form of swine flu and the East of England has seen 14 cases overall, a spokeswoman said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The first reported case of an otherwise healthy person dying from the swine flu.
Anyone else find any similar stories anywhere?

[edit on 10-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Sounds to me like they gave her the vaccine. That's what probably killed her!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Yes. I remember the first death in New York.... the MSM stated he had underlying health conditions...... his family was interviewed stating they did not know what those reports were talking about.

This womans death of H1N1 will state that she had underlying health problems when it is reported on. It will be the arthritis.

According to what I've read in the threads here at ATS.... "underlying health problems" could mean someone is a smoker, overweight, diabetic, etc. Who alive does not have what could be construed as "underlying health conditions"? Heck, even Michael Phelps smoked once! (i.e. the bong pic)

In other words.... the MSM is not ready to admit these people would be alive today had they not gotten H1N1 Flu.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Havng the virus myself right now (check my thread in BTS) I can fully understand how this can be dangerous.
You keep de-hydrating yourself through sweating.
You lungs clog up so bad you can't take deep breath's, infact you can barely take shallow breath's and at times you can't breath at all, you only need to be a smoker for this to seriously screw you over, (Which I am) so any real health issues are gonna be bad.

Check my thread, it's like a partial diary of a Swiney.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Chukkles]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Ahh.... stupid me....... I see this is being portrayed now in the MSM as some of the "first healthy" to die of H1N1 regardless of having the same conditions as those who have already died. They are not referring to "underlying health conditions" even though they could.

And last nights network news (USA) actually covered H1N1 for the first time in months.

I guess it is the new spin on the news to con us all in to succumbing easily to the untested vaccine?

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

It very much sounds like you could do with an inhaler. I don't have time just now to read through your other thread (to see if you already have one,) but perhaps this thought might at least be of some use to other readers.

This 'underlying health problems' issue could almost warrant its own thread. I've long wondered whether the official pronouncements were, shall we say, being economical with the truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
This is the unsettling trend we're all witnessing around the world. The initial illnesses- March and April were, for the most part, limited to those with other health issues, and those who died, did so over weeks spent in hospital, with all measures taken to treat either the flu or the subsequent pneumonia.

What I've seen in June and July- and have posted about (ad nauseum- forgive me-) is that there has been a big shift in the time between catching flu and dying of it- prior illness or not. As I posted on another thread, some children who are in the bloom of health have taken ill and died within 24 hours- here in the US, in Canada, and elsewhere.

The shift in morbitity and mortality that we're seeing is a hallmark of a novel flu pandemic- and it mirrors exactly what happened in 1918-19.

As I've mentioned, John Barry's, "The Great Influenza' is an exceptional resource, and in it there are data, that when overlaid with the current figures, are essentially identical.

This is the main reason we need to go to "general quarters" regarding this flu. My mom remembers stories her mom told her of the '18 pandemic- that one would feel perfectly well in the morning, fall ill in the daytime, and be dead within 24-48 hours.

The 1918 flu had a mortality rate of about 2.5% of those infected- and killed between 50 and 100 million people, worldwide. It stopped WWI- no one was well enough to fight. And, as WWI took more lives than any other war in the 20th C, combined, remember that more soldiers died of flu than of combat injuries.

I don't suggest panic, by any means, but it's time people "got with the program" and started taking this seriously- because it IS serious.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Healthy Indiana Man Dies From Bird Flu

Matthew McIntosh, a 19-year-old, became the first person in Indiana to die from swine flu. McIntosh collapsed in a barn in SE Indiana. He died at a hospital shortly after.

An autopsy showed that McIntosh had no adverse health conditions. McIntosh's case is the first healthy individual to die from the H1N1 virus (bird flu).

Reports show that "most of the 211 people" had conditions that contributed to H1N1 vulnerability.

www.upi.com...

new topics

top topics

join