It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Akron police investigate teen mob attack on family

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Gang of Black kids target white families - Police not ready to call it a hate crime

www.ohio.com

Akron police say they aren't ready to call it a hate crime or a gang initiation.

But to Marty Marshall, his wife and two kids, it seems pretty clear.
It came after a family night of celebrating America and freedom with a fireworks show at Firestone Stadium. Marshall, his family and two friends were gathered outside a friend's home in South Akron.

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit - changed title to actual title from story.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by elevatedone]

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm amazed that a gang of all black kids could target white people while shouting "This is our world, a black world" and it not be a hate crime. Notice how the article doesn't even try to mention that these were black teenage boys? If it were a gang of white kids targeting blacks, would they not tell us " a group of all white teenagers"?

It just seems to me that this is a text book hate crime.

www.ohio.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
this my freind is what is going to cause a major riff in America..Its a creeping wave that will eventually break over the heads that push this rasism,hatecrime PC bull #..

The label hate crime is only sticky on one side..

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Having lived very close to Akron, I can tell you that it's a tinderbox there..

The above poster is correct, as the economy gets worse, these events will spring up all over...

This story was actually suppressed for 3 days before being widely reported....

Is it a hate crime? I don't buy into all the "hate crime" garbage....a crime is a crime.....The "hate crime" label is just another way to divide us....and ,unfortunately, they are succeeding.

BTW, the story tells us that one of the guys who was attacked, a construction worker who fears for his family was "considering" arming himself....but was concerned with the "possible problem that comes with guns". Poor brainwashed man...his reluctance to perform his duty to his family by arming himself resulted in their harm...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I'm not big on the 'hate crime' label either but no matter which way you look at this, it was a racially motivated crime. In short.. disgusting, backward thinking behavior.

IRM :shk:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by RolandBrichter

I'm not big on the 'hate crime' label either but no matter which way you look at this, it was a racially motivated crime. In short.. disgusting, backward thinking behavior.

IRM :shk:

I don't deny that this was racially motivated...

Just don't like the special hate crime tag that is designed to divide us..

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If they are going to label white on black crime as hate crime and punish it more severely the reverse must also be true.

Unless all men aren't created equal.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Absolutely,our country would be far better off labeling anything..Its a sad fact that when things are in place,people tend to abuse it and try to hide behind them..Such as racism..people abuse it everyday..

Our country was much better off with the Jeffersons and Archy Bunker was on TV..

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Man....a couple AKs or ARs could have had a positive impact on the world. Hmm. Dozens....36 maybe? That's just twelve apiece. Of course, they would have been labeled white supremest then. But I guess they WOULD have been.
So...if this gang of hoodlums attacked a white family and the hoodlums are black and they claim it's a 'black world'...does that make them Black Supremest? Hmm....maybe anyone who's Black is a potential terrorist?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
this my freind is what is going to cause a major riff in America..Its a creeping wave that will eventually break over the heads that push this rasism,hatecrime PC bull #..

I live in uk, and the same thing happens here and has done to our family. But this is organised by the police here, and you cannot say anything.

Pure scum.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
If they are going to label white on black crime as hate crime and punish it more severely the reverse must also be true.

Unless all men aren't created equal.

That is the problem. In the social paradise that is being planned and implemented for us Americans, only white people can be racists. No one wants to be created equally anymore.

There is no such thing as a *insert minority group here* against white hate crime.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio; not to far away from Akron and let me tell you this Whole State is a powder Keg getting ready to blow. During the race riots of 2001 blacks left there communities and went after white communities. After the race riots the Klan and Neo-Nazis also started to target blacks in a more physical manor. Ever since then it’s been a tit for tat unofficial war. In some areas where the neighborhoods are mixed is where you see the most racial crimes. And it’s not just in Cincinnati its all of our big cities Akron, Toledo, Cleveland, Portsmouth, Dayton, and Columbus. I hope it ends soon but it keeps getting worse and worse and we may eventual see a race war here in Ohio.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

''I'm lucky. They didn't break my ribs or bruise my ribs. I thank God, they concentrated on my thick head because I do have one. They were trying to take my head off my spine, basically.''

They say they were blindsided. I can see it happening.

I was on the receiving end of that kind of attack but it was in elementary school on an Air Force Base in 1970. What he described is mostly what happened to me. A gang of black kids rushed me at once, knocked me down and kicked me, beat me with boards and yanked my hair out by handfuls. A lady poked her head out the door and yelled at us "kids get off my lawn" and slammed the door as I lay crouched in the fetal position on the ground. I guess if it wasn't a hate crime then, it ain't now either.

It did make me tougher and wiser. I don't hate black people. I hate the flipping herd mentality. That is dangerous.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Why couldn't it have been just a group of teenagers that assaulted a family. I agree with the above posters that labeling the aggressors as a gang of black kids is only meant to stir up a racial outcry from the public and is just another means to get us at each others throats. It would be accurate to say there are teenage hooligans of every race/ethnicity so why bother with useless labels
The real issue is the crime itself.

And to RolandBrichter, there is always a better alternative than putting a bullet into someone (If that's what you are implying) because that leaves no chance for reformation which everyone should be entitled to.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

And the sad thing is that if this man was a CCW carrier and shot in defense, he would have been ridiculed as a racist and they would have been calling for blood.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

Why couldn't it have been just a group of teenagers that assaulted a family. I agree with the above posters that labeling the aggressors as a gang of black kids is only meant to stir up a racial outcry from the public and is just another means to get us at each others throats.

Did you even bother to read the story?

Out of nowhere, the six were attacked by dozens of teenage boys, who shouted ''This is our world'' and ''This is a black world'' as they confronted Marshall and his family.

About the Mod edit, I just feel like that title purposely distracts from the facts in the story. If this were a group of white kids beating up black people while shouting "this is a white world", do you think the story title would be so nebulous? I imagine the thread would be featured with the title "racist white kids target black people".

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

Ya know... I believe self defense comes before the reformation of hooligans.

Put a bullet in a few teenagers and they will start thinking for themselves.

That's the issue here. Herd mentality comes from not having one's own sense of authority. And nothing strips you of your own sense of authority quicker these days than our society and our religions.

The ironic thing is that notice this is in the North...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hate crimes prosecution is only used when the victim is brown, black and in very few cases asian.

The kids were right it is a black world now. If this is the type of world they are going to make it then maybe it should become a white mans world again.

I don't really think there is anything as a hate crime, but there are laws out there outlying what one is. If this doesn't fit the profile simply because the victims are white then I imagine we are going to be in a lot of trouble.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Wimbly

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio; not to far away from Akron and let me tell you this Whole State is a powder Keg getting ready to blow. During the race riots of 2001 blacks left there communities and went after white communities. After the race riots the Klan and Neo-Nazis also started to target blacks in a more physical manor. Ever since then it’s been a tit for tat unofficial war. In some areas where the neighborhoods are mixed is where you see the most racial crimes. And it’s not just in Cincinnati its all of our big cities Akron, Toledo, Cleveland, Portsmouth, Dayton, and Columbus. I hope it ends soon but it keeps getting worse and worse and we may eventual see a race war here in Ohio.

I'm piping up to confirm your statements. I live in Columbus, my sister in N.K. buts works in Cinci. Everything you said is true. But here, the hispanic, chinese and muslim population have exploded in the last five years. On my quiet neighborhood street, we have Dominican Republic, Mexico, India, China and Russia represented. I'm of Irish descent and my husband is Nordic. It works out for us here. I hope we'll pull together when the scenario you predict comes to pass.

There are parts of town that are territorial. No matter what race you are, you better not cross those lines unless you mean business.

I worked downtown (Columbus) and walked down High St. everyday through crowds of youths who hogged the sidewalk, making working people step out into the street to pass. NOT ME!
I bulldozed right down the middle of the sidwalk in my high heels. Some kid said something when I stopped her from backing into me and I gave her the "famous" Make My Day face. She didn't and neither did the other 20 or so accompanying her. That time.

It's coming.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I'm also from Columbus and used to live on High street when I was attending OSU. Go Buckeyes!

I have to agree about race relations here. My school sponsored an event called "Black Heritage festival" and a few years ago invited the Black Israelites. These guys had a stage in the middle of campus (The Oval) and were calling fore the enslavement of whites and saying they would spill our blood when the time came. All this drew huge applause from a huge crowd of students. Even some of the white students were applauding!

That was my wake up call.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Wimbly]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join