It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth In Imminent Danger From Inbound Meteors?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I found this page thru Rense.......
Anyway, here is a scary thought to ponder:

While surfing on the internet back on March 22nd, I happened to come across a message board in which one poster revealed that they had an insider in NASA who had been providing them information. In a nutshell he revealed that by mid to late May and going on through 2005, the earth's orbit is potentially going to go through the tail of several comets and afterward be inundated by meteors causing worldwide calamity from not only the vapor, but the impact/s.

Apparently, the vapor associated with these comet tails are extremely dangerous and flammable. There is SO much that is occurring right now that although at first glance they seem normal, it is not so. Several points the poster made was that the ISS was going to make an excuse to return to earth and that America's homeland security would be going to red (from its current orange) and eventually red. He even said that something significant would be revealed on April 16th that would put things into motion. Remember, these comments were made on March 22nd. He even revealed that is seems even congress is preparing to go underground. At any rate, below are his comments and some of the current proof, and thought your site needed to get this information out to the public. Here were the first comments he made on March 22nd:

Here is a simple scenario for the those who want the overall expectation. Three or four separate "events" the forth undetermined because they may be an interaction of the third "event" making it as if four "events". All are separated with a time factor of months. The first is why this is taking NASA so long to make a definite calculation but an event will happen on April 16th that will confirm things.

As incredible as it sounds, two comets are on a collision course near earth, so near in fact, that one is expected to knock the other into (most likely) the western hemisphere, but it is unknown whether that will be into the ocean or on a landmass.

www.bushcountry.org...

Read on he also talks about the SOHO discrepincy with the last comet.

Any thoughts on this?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Hi baked!

Interesting. It reminded me of accounts I read about Halley's comets return in 1910 (not *real* time of course - even *I* wasn't born then!!
)

People apparently got very worried about the effects of breathing in the comets gases, and some charlatans were able to sell "anti-comet" masks and the like. I haven't done an exhaustive search for this because of time constraints, but found this:

"Is there any danger from Comet Halley?

Before we understood the nature and orbits of comets, people worried about the effects a comet might have on us. Today we know enough about these objects to provide a reassuring "environmental impact statement.'' Unless a comet physically collides with the Earth (which Halley will be far from doing), these small chunks of dirty ice pose no danger to us. Their effects are on the mind, stimulating our curiosity and kindling our imaginations."

from here

As for meteorites posing a threat - well, yes, every day there is a likelihood of something impacting with the Earth (which is what "shooting stars" are after all, as this cosmic debris "burns up" in the atmosphere), so it is not inconceivable... All we can say is that so far, we've been very lucky that we've avoided the "big one" in recent years - unless you include Tunguska, of course... here

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 04:57 AM
link   
A comet near the sun has three tails behind it. There is a dust tail with dusts particles and the gasses CO, CO2, CH4, NH3 and H2CO. Then there is the ion tail, which contains ionized versions of these gasses or radicals of the gasses. The last tail is simply H2.

The ion tail is never a problem, it doesn't get through the magnetic field of the earth. The other two aren't a problem either, because "The density of material in the coma and tails is very low, lower than the best vacuum that can be produced in most laboratories." (source) This is nothing the atmosphere can't absorb or deflect.

(source)

[Edited on 7-5-2004 by amantine]

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies Genya and Amantine!
The author of the article also states:

From mid May thru the 3rd week of June increased Satellite / ISS damage by meteors, tiny chunks of asteroids, and assorted "dust" and unknown particles from the 4 then five comets during this time in various positions around Earth's orbit. As the days drag on they are leaving behind from their tails or enough ionized gas to developed into a plasma like cloud that's going to be a real nuisance for satellite operations. This is the first "Event".

A plasma cloud? Could this actually happen?

He then goes on to say this:

The big Show starts with dramatic daylight comet show during mid July. On the heels of that is the fourth "event".

A Large asteroid passes between our Moon and the Earth which causes havoc here even �thought to be able to "peel" the upper stratosphere "Snowballing" Earth. What will that do? We don't know. No one does. But it's probably not going to be benign. That is where the "forth event" may occur "out of the "third "event.

Could this astroid being referred to be Asteorid 25143 Itokawa ?

Itokawa will gradually close to earth and, on June 26, 2004, it will be closest to earth with distance of 0.013AU (about 1.95 million km). But, unfortunately, it will be then located at the south hemisphere. It is estimated that the asteroid will become about twelfth magnitude (about 1,500 times brighter compared to the present).

www.spacedaily.com...

Now speaking of "snowballing" a HAM intercept is mentioned that I have heard of before but can't remember where. I did a search on the web and didn't find anything but people quoting it, but here it is:

A member of our ham radio club intercepted this transmission and shared it with a few of us. He made a digital recording of it. The transmissions took place on 1-26-04 staring at 0:5:00 UTC. The frequency was 11.176 mhz, USB.

The conversation is between SNOWBALL NET and another station. We assume SNOWBALL is the network operator.

Here is a transcript:

SNOWBALL NET: Snowball Net comms check. All stations, clock sync, (pause) impact at minus 146 days, 5 hours UTC. Standby for ACC link (could have been ACD).

Burst of digital data�

Burrow: SNOWBALL This is BURROW (could be Burro as in donkey). You are not secure�repeat not secure�go green�go green�

Bursts of white noise follow for approximately 3 minutes.

Copies of this have been posted on several ham boards and have been sent to Popular Communications Magazine
www.timebomb2000.com...

Does anyone have any info on the authenticity(sp?) of this intercept? I checked Popular Communications Magazine and found nothing.

Could "snowball" be refering to a comet? and Burrow refer to a underground base or safe house?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So, was anything put into play on 4/16?

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am not sure. Let me tell you something though. I don't think it has good odds of even changing the world. I think we are safe...for now. You never know...We are overdue

LOOKING FORWARD TO IT THOUGH

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure about April 16 yet, I still need to do a search. I assume since the places I found this info had nothing new about april 16 that 1. there is either nothing or 2. it has not been released. Probably #1.

Anyway, here is some info about the three comets and where you can find them.
SNIP--------SNIP----------SNIP

COMET UPDATE!

Comet NEAT (C/2001 Q4) should be at its brightest and best in the evening
sky this week! This should be especially true late in the week, when the
comet gets higher in the western sky right after dusk for Northern
Hemisphere viewers.... NEAT also remains in fine view for observers in the
tropics and the Southern Hemisphere....

Comet Bradfield (C/2004 F4) has faded drastically in the last week. It's
in Andromeda low in the northeast just before dawn. Bradfield's head was
only magnitude 6.3 as of May 4th and fading fast, and its long tail was
disappearing from view....

Comet LINEAR (C/2002 T7) has plummeted back into the sunrise glare for
observers at midnorthern latitudes. It will next come into view in the
last few days of May, low in the west-southwest in evening twilight. As of
May 5th LINEAR's head was reported at magnitude 3.8, about a half
magnitude fainter than recently predicted. LINEAR remains in good view
from the Southern Hemisphere this week, low in the east just before
dawn....

> SkyandTelescope.com...

SkyandTelescope.com...

========================================================================

HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS WEEK'S SKY

* Last-quarter Moon on May 11.
* Venus (magnitude -4.5, in Taurus) is the brilliant white "Evening Star"
blazing grandly in the west-northwest during twilight and much of the
evening. It gets lower after dark and sets around 11 p.m.
* Saturn (magnitude +0.2, in the feet of Gemini) is the "star" shining to
the upper left of faint Mars and bright Venus.

For details, see This Week's Sky at a Glance and Planet Roundup:

SkyandTelescope.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> SkyandTelescope.com...

posted on May, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Another close flyby, thistime a city sized asteroid.

On September 29, 2004, Toutatis will pass by Earth at a range of four times the distance between the Earth and the Moon, the closest approach of any known asteroid or comet between now and 2060. One consequence of the asteroid's frequent close approaches to Earth is that its trajectory more than several centuries from now cannot be predicted accurately. In fact, of all the Earth-crossing asteroids, the orbit of Toutatis is thought to be one of the most chaotic.
www.solarviews.com...

USAToday link

Busy sky this year! I wonder what else will come our way? I know that things like this are common occourance, but does it not seem to be happening just a little more than, well, ever before? Have we ever had three comets and two or more asteroids dancing around our planet? Not to mention the one that passed the sun late last year that the sun reached out and touched. Is it just me, feeling like this? Am I overreacting by seeing all this activity, that I do not ever remember so much at one time or time frame before?

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked

Now speaking of "snowballing" a HAM intercept is mentioned that I have heard of before but can't remember where. I did a search on the web and didn't find anything but people quoting it, but here it is:

A member of our ham radio club intercepted this transmission and shared it with a few of us. He made a digital recording of it. The transmissions took place on 1-26-04 staring at 0:5:00 UTC. The frequency was 11.176 mhz, USB.

The conversation is between SNOWBALL NET and another station. We assume SNOWBALL is the network operator.

Here is a transcript:

SNOWBALL NET: Snowball Net comms check. All stations, clock sync, (pause) impact at minus 146 days, 5 hours UTC. Standby for ACC link (could have been ACD).

Burst of digital data�

Burrow: SNOWBALL This is BURROW (could be Burro as in donkey). You are not secure�repeat not secure�go green�go green�

Bursts of white noise follow for approximately 3 minutes.

Copies of this have been posted on several ham boards and have been sent to Popular Communications Magazine

Does anyone have any info on the authenticity(sp?) of this intercept? I checked Popular Communications Magazine and found nothing.

Could "snowball" be refering to a comet? and Burrow refer to a underground base or safe house?

Has anyone been able to find out more about this alleged intercept. I've been checking my ham resources and have not found a thing.

I'm somewhat skeptical about the radio portion of this post. 11.176 MHz is not in any of the ham bands, really not even close. Unless someone had some prior knowledge about the use of this frequency, picking up the alleged transmission would be more difficult than indentifying a single grain of sand from all the beaches in the world. Having said that, I have started listening to the frequency.

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
11.176 is a Mars Frequency, along with
about 800 more~~~~
( Military Affiliated Radio Network)

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Signa, I don't know where you got the Mars frequency for the 11.176...
Here is what that frequency is used for.

11.176 USAF GCCS Net (USB) (very active) Armed Forces
11.176 USAF GCCS Net (USB) (very active) Aviation

Excerpted from.
www.panix.com...

[Edited on 30-5-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
But got it on good authority...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I didn't think 11.176 was a MARS frequency. It's too far away from any ham band. But i could be wrong. I do know that FEMA uses a number of frequencies very close to 11.176.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
We are in danger of meteors hitting us. One hit earth before and it wiped out the dinosaurs.

What we are now trying to do is find a way to divert the course of an asteroid. One way is to just shoot a rocket at it. We have a sattelite orbiting an asteroid that might hit us sometime. Nasa is trying to land the sattelite on the asteroid.

Our atmosphere protects us from most of the particles and asteroids in space that come to us. Our atmosphere just burns up these space rocks that try to collide with our beloved earth.

However, if a giant asteroid collided with earth the atmosphere could only burn of a portion of the asteroid. The rest would collide with earth. Dust from the collision would shoot up into the sky.

The dust would block the sun causing plants to die. (Plants need sun energy to produce the energy they live and feed on.

Everyone would be thrown into a situation of famine.
Everything would basically die.

Or a medium-giant sized asteroid could attack and just make a big whole in the ground.

We are in danger of asteroids but as long as nothing big happens which would change the course of the celsetial bodies we can be safe for a couple of years.

Our best bet is to learn how to divert the course of an asteroid.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Lol I thought i was a paranoid person............. Just live your life! you only get 1

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
we always complain about nucleur arms disposal....why dont we just launch all the suckers into the asteroids that would bring our doom? what difference would it make if we were to supposedly die from the impact anyway...at least put some effort into it.

i fail to believe that the human race couldnt come up with a good plan to take care of this problem. we're not just gonna sit around and die...thats not the human way...we blow # up

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qraz A.K.A. MIlfort
What we are now trying to do is find a way to divert the course of an asteroid.
Sound like a good solution

However, if a giant asteroid collided with earth the atmosphere could only burn of a portion of the asteroid. The rest would collide with earth. Dust from the collision would shoot up into the sky.
Actually, it would consist of a lot of superheated flying gravel.
That's the latest take on what cooked the dinosaurs -
a burning sky that roasted aboveground life.

Our best bet is to learn how to divert the course of an asteroid.
Actually, some people speculate on
moving an appropriately-sized asteroid to a more convenient orbit.
Such a more convenient orbit might have a terminal point here on Earth.
Depending on who is asked, said termination points differ.
Some say Eastern hemisphere, some say western hemisphere.

Imagine what will happen if Nasa gets tasked
to deflect a minor asteroid headed our way:

"Hello Houston, we can confirm now only part of the explosives have gone off."

"Roger that, we are calculating the new trajectory now, stand by..."
"Ok, guys, we have the new trajectories. Good news: the main body will now miss Earth completely.
Although that 500-meter chunk will re-enter,
it's not gonna hit anything important.
Current projections are an impact somewhere in the Middle East.
But not to worry, since there is no longer any chance of it hitting the U.S.,
your job has been classified a success.

Good job guys, pack it up and come on home."

X

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There's a little buzz going around on this specific item.

Apparently, many countries' navies are being deployed to avoid being affected by an impact.

June 19th or 20th appears to be the estimated arrival date of a large bolide.

Another source that corrborates the information in other posts is found at Urban Survival and the story is named, "Is "Snowball" a Coincidence?"

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Scofe?

Do you have information on the NAME of the astronomer that died/was killed a few weeks back?

I am still wondering if THAT person was in any way connected to AussieBloke? AussieBloke the poster on Bushcountry and that other gods'something' site.......AussieBloke seams to have gone missing???
I cant help but think of a connection there........

IF he was actually KILLED for leaking out this information....then.....chit....THIS IS THE BIGGEST CONSPIRACY OF ALL TIME!
.......life was fun here while it lasted.........

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join