It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identifying REAL Crop Circles!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hello all! Im sure most of us are sick of all these repeated threads on crop circles, discussing their patterns, meanings, authenticity, etc....I posted this reply in another thread about finding out if these CC's are legit, and thought it deserved its own thread. Here is my idea to determine man made or not!

1 - Radiation, clearly if these are made by boards and humanns, we arent really going to have anomalous radiation readings. Maybe there is a way to do this without having an ET UFO? Im not sure, tell me if you know!

2 - Stretched Nodes, i think this is the best way to determine if this is indeed a legit crop circle! How on Earth could men and women with boards do this? Changing the structure of the plant itself is incredible! Clearly something i doubt could be done overnight in a field.

3 - Buried plates, i also read of another case where golden and bronze plates were found under the crop circles with a design of the crop circle on the plates. Im not saying that these will be found on every crop circle, even if it has radiation and stretched nodes, but WHY NOT LOOK?!?!

These are 3 things I really look for in research of crop circles to determine their authenticity. I am not sure if the recent crop circles have been investigated by scientists or not, but i think it would be a great idea! How could we have this studied by scientists though..I think that is the main question. Any other input is welcome! Im looking for any other clues to determine authenticity.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I was thinking of starting a similar thread, but I couldn't really come up with good sources for this.

It would be great if there could be some standard test for crop circles, that is made public everytime a new one appears.

Strange that there is not more focus on this.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Well i dont know what to think of these recent crop circles. after reading a thread that the "humming bird" was faked really irked me! Now we have people trying to decipher every crop circle as a countdown to some horrible event or what have you. I as well wish we had an easy way of identifying these, but i think its going to take independent scientists to really take a look!

I think Crop Circle Connector should do an investigation. They post the pics, but i believe they need to 'deny ignorance' as well and really investigate this! Anyone else have any ideas to determine authenticity? Would you be more impressed if the Radiation, Stretched Nodes, and possible buried artifiacts were used as a way to determine authenticity?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Cropcircleconnection should do an investigation as to keep their rep intact.
There are some bad ones on there.Sure they are crop circles but are they man made or not.
They need a good filter to find the truth.
They should have a manmade section and a what the hell section.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yes exactly, you'd expect that those people check the circles for these qualities, and make it known.

But you never hear anything about that.

I couldn't even really find proof if the difference in these qualities in real and fake circles, is correctl in the first place. I believe it to be.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
this is a good thread to get things started.
I also am tired of these crop circle threads coming up every 5 minutes. It doesn't interest me for them to just mix all the hoaxes with all the fakes.

Look at this little research snippet. I wonder why the news outlets always ask "is it alien or man made" but no one ever looks at evidence other than appearance. That serves no purpose. If we see something weird do we just ask that dumb question and wait until an answer comes?

www.articledashboard.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bananasam

thanks for the link! Glad you see what we should be questioning! I think what we should do is, A - discover the crop circle B - Send scientists to investigate C - Show Results D - Then speculate - The only problem is, how do we get someone to investigate EVERY questionable crop circle? who pays the people? Maybe we should just set up cameras at these sites and see what is really going on.

Atleast by doing this we would have some way to argue whats going with the actual crop itself. If its just broken in half, probably fake, if molecular structure has changed along with no breaks and high radiation, i think that would make some people think.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by bananasam

thanks for the link! Glad you see what we should be questioning! I think what we should do is, A - discover the crop circle B - Send scientists to investigate C - Show Results D - Then speculate - The only problem is, how do we get someone to investigate EVERY questionable crop circle? who pays the people? Maybe we should just set up cameras at these sites and see what is really going on.

Atleast by doing this we would have some way to argue whats going with the actual crop itself. If its just broken in half, probably fake, if molecular structure has changed along with no breaks and high radiation, i think that would make some people think.

The best way is to make this seemingly "wacko" event hit home. Much like cattle mutilations, crop destruction can affect farmers business. Not just because crops are destroyed, but other reasons. With all the radiation detected, are these fields even allowed to grow in the same location again? Does the FDA even monitor (if we are talking the US) these things? I think there's already enough reasons to do research besides interest. The layman needs to be introduced to the subject without the prospect of aliens. That they really are affected in real ways- that this is not imaginary and only in UFO lore, it is a real issue.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by bananasam]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Yes exactly, you'd expect that those people check the circles for these qualities, and make it known.

But you never hear anything about that.

That wouldn't sell CD's

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I have been fortunate enough to be able to examine a few crop circles that appeared in North Dakota and Minnesota in the last four years. I volunteered to help the BLT research people collect data on these circles. I am curious as to what is really causing these to appear and how they are formed. Some of the ones I saw were definitely hoaxed and others were harder to explain. I have learned to look for a number of things that will help determine if a circle is hoaxed or not.

From my lengthy conversations with Nancy Talbot from BLT research I have come to learn that this is not an exact science at this point and we are still trying to learn what the cause and effects are within the affected plants. We are using scientific methods in our data collection and let the results speak for themselves. I am by no means an expert on this subject and like many of you I am just trying to understand this phenomena.

Some of the things that have been found in the more compelling cases are node lengthening and expulsion cavities in the nodes. Especially near the center of the circle and it was found that in some cases this affected plants outside the circles in standing crops! It is notable that the effects on the plants decreased as samples were taken further away from the center of the circle. This would indicate to me that what ever type of energy was applied to the circle dissipated as it expanded outward. I can tell you some more things I found later. Its bedtime.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Anyone by any chance ever seen a CC from the 70s that's as detailed and as elaborate as the ones from today?

I haven't, which leans heavily in favour of humans simply getting better and better at them over the years.

I really don't see what the mystery of CCs are at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

hey thesneakiod - i was wondering the same thing myself a few days ago. Check out this site. Its by Colin Andrews, a guy who investigates crop circles and he has a photo gallery of them starting with the oldest. check that out here - www.colinandrews.net...

You will see some really funny, man made circles, and some i believe defy explanation. My favorite man made circle on here is the written in english "we are not alone" hahaha but other than that, there are a few pretty cool looking and it will be hard to ever tell if they are made by ET from back then. i suggest you also just Google crop circles 70's.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

3 - Buried plates, i also read of another case where golden and bronze plates were found under the crop circles with a design of the crop circle on the plates. Im not saying that these will be found on every crop circle, even if it has radiation and stretched nodes, but WHY NOT LOOK?!?!

Hi ziggy, i'm sorry mate but i think that buried plate example is a poor one. I dont believe it is genuine & im sure ive read somewhere that it was a hoax.

The only way of identifying circles as real is to use known scientific research that involves getting down into the circles with some equipment for checking radiation etc, nodes as you said (both controls and a selection from specific ares in the circle), checking for signs of damage etc, tramling around the centers, any disgarded human signs such as fag ends, any disgarded tools or ropes (although unlikely to be found) and talking to the farmer or locals.

The only real way is getting into the circle the same day and you will know if real or hoax by the energy within it.

This i believe is a good example of what the energy within it can do and is not a trampled center.

Sorry but no matter what i do it comes out like this.
[edit on 9/7/09 by cropmuncher]

[edit on 9/7/09 by cropmuncher]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

You cant just tell me you dont think its genuine because you think you've read somewhere its a hoax! Atleast point me in that direction. BUT, i do agree with you on the plates to an extent. I dont think it could only be golden plates found, but maybe some other kind of artifact? I'll quote myself "WHY NOT LOOK?!?!" These also were not just some small plates. they weighed up to 11 lbs and were almost pure, dug 18 inches below ground.

Here is an article with some more information:

Hesemann writes about the finding, and the later analysis. What were found were three plates: a bronze, silver and one gold plate, the bronze and silver now in the hands of an industrialist. They were shown at his internationally UFO conference, "Dialogue with the Universe", in Dusseldorf, Germany in October, 1992 and used again when he filmed a piece on the Grasdorf case for the US-TV programme, "Encounters" in April, 1994. In addition, the Tugingen lawyer, Dr Roemer-Blum, arranged a scientific evaluation at the German Federal Institute for Material Research (Bundesanstalt fur Materialpufung) in Berlin. Their conclusion, after carefully analyzing both plates was:

"Plate one (silver color) consisted mainly of quite pure silver (what an understatement!), with an additional ingredient accounting for less than 0.1%. The weight of the plate was 4.98kg (11lbs). Plate two (bronze color) consisted of a copper-tin alloy (of which the tin content amounted to 10%-15%), nickel and traces of iron amounting to less than 0.

This meant that the silver plate consisted of 99.9% pure silver, purer than sterling-silver. Furthermore, a spectrographic analysis of both plates proved that they had not been made from a cast but from some kind of conglomerate of silver nuggets and natural copper and tin pieces of the type found in Germany’s Harz forest, not far from Grasdorf. They had been produced, either by heating up to a degree that partially melted the metals - or in a low-gravity environment."

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Sorry i didnt get to see that picture you posted right away, im on a dial up connection right now and everything takes forever!

i like that picture, it really shows what i think it would look like if energy was used as well. Just noting that the whole area isnt pressed down completely and there are no footprints is a good point.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Just checked out the site. I agree there are some funny ones! The stick man is a classic. Some looked really dodgy though. I assumed they are all early ones?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

Yeah they are really funny. Some are really bad, but there are some other ones that i think are too intricate to be man made, especially in 70's and 80s.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
i actually started a similer thread a few days ago

what would you consider to be genuine CC

i was also curios as to what people would say were genuine and not

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think that crop circle investigation should probably have it's own forum......maybe a sub forum of the gray area or skunkworks, lol.

Also, what is a "legitimate" crop circle? I see you have spec'd it out here, but up until now, I was unaware there are any "legitimate" crop circles.

Either way, pretty sure they don't have to do with aliens at least. And as one poster said, they should have been getting better and better since the good old days, guess folks are getting better at making them.

To assume or pursue the fact that crop circles are some sort of sign from above, below, supernatural, alien...whatever, is an insult to the thinking man's intelligences. But we're not here to actually use logic reason and common sense now are we?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I don't understand the alien angle though. If they are sending us messages, then why so many? And why can we not make head nor tail of them except for admiring how nice they look? And why only in fields? Why not as I've said before, on maybe a football field. Or any famous sports stadium.

It would be more impressive as well if the whole field was made into a huge design, that would really get everyone's attention.

Lets face it, if aliens really wanted to communicate with us, they'd only ever need to send one message.

[edit on Thursday20092009-07-09T18:04:39-05:00pm310420097 by thesneakiod]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join