It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid Slams Door on Second Stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Reid Slams Door on Second Stimulus

www.foxnews.com

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Tuesday slammed the door on the idea of a second economic stimulus plan, even as President Obama suggested he's leaving the option on the table.

The Nevada senator said
A little less than 90 percent still needs to be put out to the American people, and we're in the process of doing that. It's going to move more quickly now. As far as I'm concerned, there's no showing to me that another stimulus is needed," Reid said emphatically.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ok so the Americans are only just beginning to realize the benefits of the Obama administration's first stimulus bill? What benefits would that be record unemployment? Or the leaching of our rights every time we vote for something this monster wants something gets taken from us good for Reid saying hey it is way too early to know if a second stimulus bill is needed.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You beat me to this topic!

Well, I'll be big enough to give credit where due.
Harry Reid gets a

The man shows evidence of common sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by GuyverUnit I

That’s what I am saying way to go Reid! Lets hope this catches on amongst every one ells and they can take there Obama blinders off.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I like the money, but its really just table scraps..last year i got $600..the damn banks got millions, and countrys who could dcare less about us, got multi millions. TABLE scraps..thats ll this stimulus is

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

indeed that is why I don't file taxes because I got tyerd of being slaped in the face by uncle sam every year around april time frame.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wont you get i trouble for not filing yuor taxes? I mean if your getting under the table money, that i understand..but if yuor paying into social security, aka getting a paycheck and the state and feds find uout yuo didnt file, your eventually gunna get caught! or no?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Oh im in the military I don't pay income tax because it’s an illegal tax. Until they can show me where I have to im not going to and it has been a good long while since I paid them and until Obama’s cabinet starts well than ill consider it.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
They have already passed two "stimulus bills" and neither one of them has done anything to stimulate the economy. In fact, American citizens continue to watch as their homes are foreclosed on, the rise of tent cities throughout the country, and millions of people continue to lose their jobs. All this while top level executives of these institutions are issued bonuses courtesy of American taxpayer dollars. Some of they money is still unaccounted for because these companies refuse to divulge where and what they are using it for.

Now there are congressmen/women who want to pass a third stimulus package?

Someone should inform these people that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D

Oh im in the military I don't pay income tax because it’s an illegal tax. Until they can show me where I have to im not going to and it has been a good long while since I paid them and until Obama’s cabinet starts well than ill consider it.

Unless you fudged your tax forms then you get taxes taken out automatically.

If you did fudge your forms when you joined then you will eventually get caught and being in the military you will have your wages severly garnished when you do get caught.

Not only that. You will probably have one of two things happen.

1. Demoted and pay back taxes.
2. Demoted, Levenworth, pay back taxes and dishonorably discharged.

Being in the army and if your name is correct and you are a SPC it doesn't make sense not to pay taxes. You would get most of it back anyways.

You are setting yourself up for faliure because of a few hundred dollars a year that you would not get back.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix777

I know and agree with you tent citys I say move in to the woods! hunt and just live in peace a nice idea wish it could be that way. However it can't and most of the sitys are now full of white collor people that would not know how to fend for them selfs. just mho

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Levenworth? dont make me laugh at you that place is a joke. and as for messing with my taxes I clame 10 ok i have 10 dependants and so i don't pay taxes so why should i file what i don't pay for?

oh and im not a spec any more im above that now but i like this sn.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Whatever floats your boat.

I hope you are leniant on your soldiers when they break the law, unless your the do as I say, not as I do types.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Im not breaking any laws I have 10 dependants and just so you know about Leavenworth im sitting in an office in that vary jail right now! And the only hard time here is on mids trying to stay awake!

Oh and for your info im a do as I do and here's how to get over on the system kind of guy.

And as for the article can we get back on topic?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Whatever you say big guy.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
I like the money, but its really just table scraps..last year i got $600..the damn banks got millions, and countrys who could dcare less about us, got multi millions. TABLE scraps..thats ll this stimulus is

It's because consumers are unable to boost the economy anyway. A stimulus is precisely that - it's MEANT to stimulate the economy.

Consumers are more likely to save now than to pump their stimulus benefits back into the economy to keep the income flowing and to create jobs for others.

$600 is quite measly, though... if I were stimulus control, I would really let it go into the thousands at least, if not to pay off bills and debt, of which leftovers can go into buying groceries.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
A SECOND stimulus??? All this administration knows how to do is create more money to spend without thinking about the consequences!

Screw the fact that it devalues the dollar! Screw the fact that WE THE TAXPAYERS will be the ones dealing with hyperinflation because of their overspending!

I never thought I'd say this, but at least Harry Reid had good sense enough to say no to more government spending! Obama ought to lose whatever support he has left for even keeping this STUPID idea on the table!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

GO REID! WOOHOO keep that crap outa there man we dont need anymore crap thats going into the pockets and stimulating nothing else but politicians who spend most of their money over seas anyway! HAH!

BTW SPC you DO have to pay your taxes

The United States Constitution, Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1, states "The Congress shall have the Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defense and general Welfare of the United States.

Research more bud before you get yourself in trouble!

new topics

top topics

join