It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona is 6000 years old?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What really amazes me is the vast numbers of people that lump and group people and ridicule them based on a belief. From my point of view it is really no different than condemning someone based on racial stereotypes like blacks and watermelons, Asians and intelligence (or is it small wangs?)

Seriously, for people that like to gloat over their "superior intelligence in determining what is a truth" a maligned prejudice over someone having a different metaphysical/spiritual belief than themselves is not very becoming.

Of course the retort of "but they condemn my beliefs" holds little water for an argument. I mean, would it not be better to show that you are above tit for tat, childish "he touched me first"?

I personally feel that crystals are nothing more than shiny rocks, but I don't call anyone that believes in them loons or belittle them in any way. Other than perhaps saying that to me they are just shiny rocks and leaving it at that.

Sadly for some, their time here is boring unless they are putting someone else down. Maybe it is just me, but I would rather stand on my own words and actions than on the bodies of people I maligned when I look out upon the world around me. Somehow I just don't feel very elevated in life by keeping others down.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

If people through the ages didn't call out others on their ridiculous belief systems,the world would be a very different place.As to this video...well it speaks for itself.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
He's right, actually. The world would still be a planar body at the center of the universe...

Some people cannot be convinced that their beliefs are wrong no matter how much evidence and logic you throw at them. Zealotry is the antithesis of progress.

Not only should you be willing to question your reality, but you should do so in perpetuity.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by an0maly33]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
True. You should continuously question your position in order to learn and grow.

However, I was referring to those that are more into being an asshat than that of a student of philosophy. In which there is a huge difference.

The 6,000 year old Earth is from the attempt to chronicle the time covered by the Bible. It has been misconstrued by anti-Christians to throw in their face. Some Bible literalists (which are a small faction within Christianity) follow the 6,000 year old Earth. There are some sects of Christianity in which people handle poisonous snakes and other sects that still do arranged marriages.

To lump the diverse quirks of various sects as a trait of the whole is an incorrect position...in some aspects just as misguided as the 6,000 year old Earth. But until a person knows something for absolute fact, anything no matter how bizarre, could in fact be the actual truth. I for one am not all knowing enough to say that God did not create 7 billion year old dirt when he created it whether that was 6,000 years ago or 3 billion years ago.

Your educational experience may vary. Perhaps you do in fact know all. If so, congratulations. But please forgive me that my particular belief system doubts you having the sum of all knowledge both physical and trandinsental.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join