It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona is 6000 years old?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Ian O’Neill at Astroengine posted this stunning bit of video featuring Arizona State Senator Sylvia Allen.

It’s not that she says the Earth is 6000 years old — twice, just to make sure — that floors me. It’s the casual way she said it, as if she said "I had a cup of coffee today." From her manner, it’s clear that not only does she believe this complete and utter nonsense, but this is a simple fact woven into her mind just like the Sun is bright or chocolate is tasty.

To her, the Earth being 6000 years old just is.

Now, to be fair, this video is without context, and so w
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes the stupid do burn inside whilst we fall into laughter.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Meanwhile Flagstaff has a volcanoe that erupted over 10,oo years ago. It is Sunset Crater national park.

How does she explain that?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

im sures its only to test her faith.

Shes right that digging mines does not distroy life on a planet, but bald monkeys with bombs do. Im sure many will be praying for her as she is ridiculed for being a christian...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

I think this is the view of some Christians. I was talking with a pretty hardcore Christian years back and he told me that the earth was only a few thousand years old.

Here is a wiki article:

Young Earth creationism

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Naw, she's not being ridiculed for being a Christian. She's ridiculed for being stupid. I know Christians that don't believe the 6000 year, nor the 'intelligent design' nonsense.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Its people like this that make one wonder if democrazy really is the best option.

But what other choices are there that wont corrupt absolutley? A meritocracy?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Very rarely when discussing economic mining policies do I feel the need to state the age of the Earth itself. I don't think she really believes it herself, she's just convinced herself that she does.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer
Its people like this that make one wonder if democrazy really is the best option.

But what other choices are there that wont corrupt absolutley? A meritocracy?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Desolate Cancer]

ditto.

probably why the elite plan to kill most of us? lol

but honestly, Sometimes i think only english speaking people have the capacity to be this completely stupid. probably because iv never heard stupidity in another language.

She is pretty religious about her religion isnt she? anyone who is so blindly devoted to a single, false ideal is dangerous.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Definition of irony:

The half-life of uranium-238 is about 4.47 billion years and that of uranium-235 is 704 million years,[3] making them useful in dating the age of the Earth wiki

The very thing she's talking of mining is used to date the earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Definition of irony:

The half-life of uranium-238 is about 4.47 billion years and that of uranium-235 is 704 million years,[3] making them useful in dating the age of the Earth wiki

Yeah that's what the guy who wrote the blog was talking about. Very ironic! haha

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

lol, I didn't even look at the blog actually ...

but I guess mocking minds think alike.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Welcome to the wonderful state of Arizona, where some of our leaders believe this as well as believe that science is trying to take away God...where we cannot get a budget deal done in time, but we can pass a law against tripping horses in the same session( but cow tipping is still allowed)...where we have more sun than anywhere else in the USA but lag far behind other states ( including sunny Oregon) in solar capability...go figure

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Who really elects someone who believes the earth is 6,000 years old.

Well I guess we'd rather have a ignorant buffoon in there, then an intelligent atheist.?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
They are all waiting for the rapture. Why plan for the future when their isnt one in the mind of these religious nuts.

Sigh..... nothing can be done now.... our entire society is infested with ignorant zelots. I can only hope that the NWO will educate or remove them.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Definition of irony:

Great little factoid thank you

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
maybe christian years have 100 thousand days in each one....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Isn't it heartening to know that someone with such a grasp of scientific issues has a powerful say in (I think, from the context) the siting of a nuclear waste dump.

Can anybody name ONE other country in the world where the elected representatives would say something that dumb? In the UK we have some staggeringly dense politicians... but do their worst, they couldn't equal that video.

(Mind you, if someone can post something to prove me wrong, I could do with a laugh.)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by nixie_nox

Shes right that digging mines does not distroy life on a planet

Tell that to the Hopi and Navajo. They need water too, but the mines are taking that right to life (water) away from them.

Voices From Our Ancestors and Our Great Creator

Navajo and Hopi under threat from coal mine expansion at Black Mesa

Is a coal mine pumping the Hopi dry?

Hopi and Navajo unite to stop Peabody's mega mining disaster

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
What a #ing crackpot that lady is. I actually find people like that offensive to be honest - that type of nonsense is DAMAGING to our children and next generations. Religious apologists will say I'm overreacting, "because her saying that doesn't make a big difference". Yes it does people. There is no reason to believe such crap. It's completely unintelligible bull crap. I'm somewhat happy I live in Canada where these folk aren't so abundant. I feel for you US, you are being stifled because of morons like this lady. It's actually funny that she is talking about uranium mining because uranium is an element that came to be on the earth MUCH MUCH earlier than #ing 6000 years. Try from the beginning of the earth (ie: 4.5 Billion years) lady. I hate people like her...
(uranium has been transferred from the mantle to the continental and oceanic crusts for aleast 2 billion years).
www.world-nuclear.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join