It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movies this year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Im not absolutely sure if this is the correct thread (as it can probably in a way be under 2012 discussions as well) but...is it just me or are there a lot of movies that are and have come out this year revolving around the end of man kind and our planet...."The day the earth Stood Still"... "Knowing"... "2012".... are these wrighters and producers just riding the 2012/earthly distruction wave, or can there be more to it...

Later

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
just riding the wave i recon. Many people are becoming fasinated with the 2012 prophecys, and end of the world films are always a big hit, so mix the 2 together and your garenteed a hit.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think the general idea that would like to be conveyed is "the end of the world situations" but through all of my searching, I don't think the world will die or cease to be (now, or around 2012) but certainly, hopefully, the world as we know it will end.

at least, for the facsist and tyrannical power systems I hope.

If topics that are close to home for us conspiracy finding types find their way into the media outlet, it enables the general population not currently aware enough to think saying "oh, I saw a movie on that." And then trying to reestablish a valid claim on said subject to a person with an already determined outlook on the event becomes nill.

Omitting truth, and modifying truth is a game. An old game.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Yeah, probably just riding the wave. The producers are just trying to make a few bucks.

Of course (as you know) "The Day the Earth Stood Still" is a remake of a film from the 50's.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GerhardSA

Got stuff like The Watchman & Transformers 2 that both use the pyramids aswell.

2nd line

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
...And it's worth noting that "2012" is being directed (and co-produced)by the hack and schlockmeister Roland Emmerich (Stargate, Independence Day, Godzilla, The Patriot). Emmerich loves explosions and spectacle. Unfortunately, it'll probably be a very unsatisfying film.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
There is definitely a vibe way up in the spiritus mundi that some heaviness is about to go down. You can feel it in the air, the electric crackle of an immanentizing eschaton.

Hollywood is partially complicit in this. The link between Hollywood and the Illuminati and the occult is well known.

And more to the point, even if you assign to Hollywood the more benign motive of "Make a buck where you can make it", then, well, producers can tell anxiety and ecstasy that the world as we know it won't be going on much longer is in the air. They're going to cash in.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by babbleonian
The link between Hollywood and the Illuminati and the occult is well known.

News to me. Explain.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Me, too.

What's is this "illuminati" nonsense?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuggle

I'm guessing that it was supposed to be the point that the powers that be apparently use types of films to de-sensitize people to what may happen in the future.. films about martial law, the world ending etc, making people ready for when it actually happens

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsallCrazy

I'm just shuddering at the fact they are making a sequel to Donnie Darko ( just found that out recently).

Lazy, lazy Hollywood, with no real sense of originality anymore.

I wonder when was the last time I saw a truely ground breaking film. Probably Borat

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Also to add to the list is 'The Road', due out in October (I believe)..

It looks like, from what I've read and seen, it will be a pretty good and realistic version of what the world would look like after massive deaths and breakdown of society.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
It seems to me that a possible positive change is coming, only TPTB/Hollywood try to condition people into fear of this event, so that they can use it to fit their agenda.

In other words, stop our spiritual evolution.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Hello?

Since the advent of film the Apocalypse has been a theme in movies. The literary world is also rife with this theme. There is nothing new about it.

20 Years After 2008 Human wars A post apocalyptic fairy tale set 20 years after a nuclear war. Story of a young woman's journey to deliver the first child born in 15 years.[1]
2019, After the Fall of New York 1983 Human wars
2020 Texas Gladiators 1982 Human wars [2][3]
A Boy and His Dog 1975 Human wars A young man and his dog struggle for survival and encounter strife in a harsh, post-apocalyptic wasteland where food and sex are scarcities.
The Aftermath 1982 Human wars "Zombie Aftermath" in UK[4]
Akira 1988 Human wars By Katsuhiro Otomo
Appleseed 2004 Human wars
Atomic War Bride 1960 Human wars [5] [6]
Battle for the Planet of the Apes 1973 Human wars
The Beach Party at the Threshold of Hell 2007 Human wars
The Bed Sitting Room 1969 Human wars [7][8]
Beneath the Planet of the Apes 1970 Human wars
Black Moon 1975 Human wars
The Blood of Heroes 1989 Human wars
Captive Women 1952 Human wars The first film to imagine a new primitive society emerging long after a nuclear war. Features three tribes, the "Norms", the "Upriver People", and the "Mutates", fighting in the remains of New York City.[9][10]
Casshern 2004 Human wars
Cherry 2000 1987 Human wars
City Limits 1985 Human wars
City of Ember 2008 Human wars Based on the book by Jeanne Duprau
Creepozoids 1987 Human wars
Cyborg 1989 Human wars
Cyborg 2 1993 Human wars
Damnation Alley 1977 Human wars A surviving American ICBM crew sets out across the United States in an armored vehicle in search of survivors in Albany, New York. Loosely based on the novel by Roger Zelazny.
Dark Enemy 1984 Human wars [11]
Day the World Ended 1955 Human wars [12][13]
Dead Man's Letters 1986 Human wars
Deadly Reactor 1989 Human wars [7][8]
Death Run 1987 Human wars
Deathlands: Homeward Bound 2003 Human wars Based on the book series Deathlands
Deathsport 1978 Human wars
Def-Con 4 1985 Human wars
Delicatessen 1991 Human wars By Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Marc Caro
Dr. Strangelove 1964 Human wars By Stanley Kubrick, adapting the novel Red Alert by Peter George.
Empire of Ash II 1989 Human wars
Empire of Ash III 1989 Human wars
Empire of Ash 1988 Human wars
The End of August at the Hotel Ozone 1967 Human wars Czech title: Konec srpna v Hotelu Ozon [14][15]
Endgame 1983 Human wars [16]
Equilibrium 2002 Human wars After barely surviving yet another worldwide conflict, mankind rejects all emotion and outlaws all forms of expression which might encourage emotional response.
Escape From New York 1981 Human wars
Exterminators of the Year 3000 1983 Human wars [17][18][19]
The Final War 1960 Human wars By Shigeaki Hidaka, a Japanese film about a third world war started when the US accidentally drops a nuclear bomb on South Korea (Japanese title: Dai-sanji sekai taisen: Yonju-ichi jikan no kyofu).[20][21]
Fist of the North Star 1986 Human wars
Fist of the North Star 1995 Human wars
Five 1951 Human wars By Arch Oboler, the first film to show the aftermath of a nuclear war, centered on a group of five survivors.[22][23]
Genesis II 1973 Human wars By Gene Roddenberry, later remade as unsuccessful TV pilot Planet Earth
Glen and Randa 1971 Human wars [24][25]
The Handmaid's Tale 1990 Human wars
Hardware 1990 Human wars
Hell Comes to Frogtown 1987 Human wars
Human Highway 1982 Human wars
In the Year 2889 1967 Human wars A remake of the 1955 film Day the World Ended
Invasion USA 1952 Human wars
Journey to the Center of Time 1967 Human wars [26][27]
Judge Dredd 1995 Human wars
La città dell'ultima paura 1975 Human wars [28]
La Jetée 1962 Human wars By Chris Marker.
The Last Man on Earth 1964 Human wars This is the first film adaptation based on Richard Matheson's 1954 novel, I Am Legend.
The Last War 1961 Human wars By Shuei Matsubayashi, another Japanese film about World War III (Japanese title: Sekai daisenso).[29][30]
Le Dernier Combat 1983 Human wars By Luc Besson
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior 1981 Human wars
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome 1985 Human wars
Malevil 1981 Human wars Film version directed by Christian de Chalonge. Starring Michel Serrault, Jacques Dutronc and Jean-Louis Trintignant.
Mindwarp 1990 Human wars
Miracle Mile 1988 Human wars
Mutant Chronicles 2008 Human wars Based on the Mutant Chronicles RPG
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind 1984 Human wars By Hayao Miyazaki
The Noah 1975 Human wars An American soldier who appears to be the sole survivor of a nuclear war.
The Omega Man 1971 Human wars An immune survivor of a biological/nuclear war battles plague-altered quasi-vampires bent on erasing all vestiges of science and technology. The movie is based on Richard Matheson's 1954 novel, I Am Legend.
On the Beach 1959 Human wars By Stanley Kramer, starring Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Anthony Perkins and Ava Gardner. The crew of an American submarine finds temporary safety from the fallout in Australia after the nuclear holocaust (from the 1957 novel by Nevil Shute).
On the Beach 2000 Human wars A remake of the 1959 film.
Panic in Year Zero! 1962 Human wars A 1962 movie about a family that escapes Los Angeles that was devastated by a nuclear attack.
The People Who Own the Dark 1976 Human wars By Amando de Ossorio (Spanish title: Último deseo) [31][32]
Planet of the Apes 1968 Human wars Adapted from the novel La planète des singes by Pierre Boulle.
The Postman 1997 Human wars Partly based on the David Brin Novel
Radio Free Steve 1984 Human wars Steve is a radio pirate in the days after WWIII bringing hope to the people after the remnants of the government re-emerged and shut down all TV and radio stations that had been broadcasting unlicensed.
Radioactive Dreams 1984 Human wars After an atomic war Phillip Hammer and Marlowe Chandler have spent 15 years on their own in a bunker, then they find the keys to the last MX missile.[33][34]
Ravagers 1979 Human wars [35]
Refuge of Fear 1973 Human wars (Spanish title: El refugio del miedo)[36]
Robot Holocaust 1986 Human Wars
Robot Jox 1990 Human wars
Robot Wars 1993 Human wars Sequel to Robot Jox
The Sacrifice 1986 Human wars
Sexmisja 1984 Human wars A Polish comedy.
She[37] 1982 Human wars A low-budget B-movie, an extremely loose adaptation of the novel She by H.

top topics

join