It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logical answers for questions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I have started this thread in hopes that we can show that logic and reasoning can come up with answers to lifes questions just as well as seeking a higher power or God. It is NOT my intention to start a religion vs science debate.

Alot of people fall into the superstitious beliefs that are ancient. In this age of technological revolution and greatly expanded human intellect, the amount of new scientific data is almost tripling every single year and we are seeing technologies emerge that were only dreams in the eyes of Science Fiction writers just 60 years ago.

No question can exist without an answer. No answer can exist without the question. Time is a singular entity. The present cannot exist without the past, the future cannot exist without the present becoming the past. The present cannot exist unless there is a future. It all breathes as one entity. Therefore, a question cannot be posed unless there is an answer somewhere in time. And Vice versa.

Let us see if human intellect can come up with answers or theories comparable to faith based conclusions. Whether for kicks, or serious discussion. Ask away and I will try my best to answer.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Interesting

Ok. Here is my question. If humans are becoming more intelligent then why is there so many things about the ancients that we cannot explain. For example the Baalbek Platform and how it was constructed. We only have machines today that might be able to move them, and that is just moving them. Do not think that our ancestors were not of capable and willing mind. The Mahabharate with its knowledge about flying machines and some believe nuclear wars. Some dating it to 6000 bc. Are we really getting smarter or are we repeating history.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

That is a great question. With observation and deductive reasoning, we can assume throughout our lives, that history DOES in fact have a tendency to repeating itself. On the issue of human intelligence however, it gets tricky. Since there is no way for us to verify any of the ancient findings, then we cannot possibly just assume that they were smarter than us philosophically OR technologically.

Given though, is the fact that science is just now catching up to what some of the oldest beliefs on our planet already knew. I believe our ancestors possibly had a profound knowledge that was lost over the years, but we have no way to prove it. If composite alloys existed and were used to create advanced technologies and weaponry then we would have found some kind of evidence of it. Radiation for example. 10k years is a long time for a place to be Irradiated and even if the weapons were older than that, there would be some kind of geological indication of it.

Repeating history or not, I think we can both agree that as compared to 1100 ad and today, we have gained quite a bit of knowledge of the workings of our planet.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Toodles

But there is evidence of radiation..so i have read anyway. I am afraid my knowledge, which is very limited due to lack of education, only comes from free sources on the internet. lol. that says a lot. So the saying goes Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

i do agree with the advancement from that time period.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

But you also have to keep in mind that there is also evidence of asteroid and meteor impacts on our planet that could possibly have caused radiation spots.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Another question. You may know the answer or not. Its is about something that i heard. Someone told me that scientists discovered that the basic particles of subatomic particles are made of sound. Have you heard of anything like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Yes that is true.. never thought of that. But is there an impact crater...hmmm have to investigat.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yessir. It goes along the lines of string theory. Beyond the sub atomic level is energy vibrations or "Strings". It has not be 100% proven yet but the mathematics point to it as being very plausible. I think I know what you're getting at too. The bible says that the word of god created everything. Although there is no evidence whatsoever on THAT, it does seem coincidental doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Lmao. Man you read my mind that is actually awsome....you seem to be very knowledgable (if i spelled it right) on a broad range of topics. I like talking to you.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
lol thanks. I have spent many years researching lots of things. I too, am a self educated person. Never took a college course in my life.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You see i have had a supernatural expericience if that is what you want to call it. I am just trying to find answers, but somehow I know i will. I believe what we call mind is the uh...how do i say it to make sense...the transmitter and receiver of the spiritual plane. If that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Funny you should say that because not one instrument in existence today can explain the origin of thoughts. MRI's, CT scans, EEG scans the whole works. They can all show electrical pathways in your brain and can all show if the transmission of those impulses are correct or not. Even EM scans can show that the brain emits a certain level of EM energy. But nothing can say for certain where it all ORIGINATES from.

Many say that we are simply highly advanced computers. All the knowledge stored in the neurons of the brains memory centers are opening and closing, allowing for data retrieval and cross checking as a diagnostic tool. But creativity is a mystery.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

And back to the verifying of things in history. Now you said you are self educated as am I, only you higher of course, but have you noticed through research that if Archeaologists cannot explain something that it gets put on the back burner? Visit S8int.com and look at some of the stuff that is in there. Giant Skeletons found. Foot prints of humans beside foot prints of dinosaurses. So many mysteries that it does tend to lead one into thinking that there is a cover up....or they just do not know and await for future breakthroughs to explain it.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I have read about a gland that is in the brain that resembles an acorn i believe or a pine cone. And it is in a lot of Ancient art and drawings. Maybe they knew something we dont. Here is my problem with science. They only seem to want to experiment with the observable, but if you do not experiment with spirituality then how can you say it is wrong. Now how to experiment with it is another story. I am not sure about that part, but perhaps start with meditation. I know that yeah they have people investigating the paranormal, but if as much money was put into that as science, how far would we be by now?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I have heard of the Giant skeletons and believe it is plausible. Remember the story about the guy from like the 20's or something like that, that was like 12 feet tall? Coverups, yeah it is possible. Most governments and the catholic church have a pretty rich history of it.

That gland, that gland is the Pineal gland. When stimulated, it releases '___' into the brain. It is a natural Hallucinogen. It is the main ingredient in alot of hallucinogenic drugs. The visual and auditory hallucinations induced by it were believed to be spiritual experiences. And yes, it can be stimulated via meditation.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Don't label all scientist the same. Many great scientist have been very religious also. And the Vatican not only has many scientist working for them but take a very scientific approach to the study of history, relics, philosophy. Of course they have a code of silence so most of this knowledge is not shared.

Anyone familiar with M-state metals? Wondering if m-state gold could be melted into a glass. A gold crystal would make a rather unique gem for a ring wouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Histopherness

Yes the precious metals that supposedly cleanse your system and make you healthier/longer lived or something like that. Ingesting gold and metals like that is not a healthy thing. Regardless of what benefits you might have in the short term, if those metals clog up your kidneys or get into your brain the wrong way, you are dead.

Or maybe I am thinking of something else....

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Mr. Toodles]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Histopherness

Yeah that is true about scientists....i tend to forget that sometimes. Something you said in another thread caught my attention. You said energy can neither be created nor destroyed. Does that then put the big bang theory to rest? I mean just me thinking but If energy cannot be created then doesnt that mean that it has been around since forever? And that means that the universe is indeed infinite? Just a thought.

Sorry that question was for Mr. Toodles.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Conclusion]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Energy cannot be created nor destroyed is the current theory in physics. Keep in mind it is just a theory and not indefinite. However, based on that theory we could also come up with the theory that the universe has always abided by that. Keep in mind that all matter is 90% space. If all the matter in the universe were compacted to make one solid mass of 100% pure matter, just imagine how unstable it would be. More than likely it would explode. Which if it did and these theories remain constant, would also suggest that the universe would eventually contract back onto itself and repeat the same cycle. Which is exactly what mainstream science believes will happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join