It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 7th? whats the worst that could happen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hello, this is my first official thread on ats, i hope its a good one.

I hear many people talkng about a possible solar storm or magnetic storm on july 7th, the explanations for the crop circles.. sun spots, all seem to point to some sort of solar storm soon.

Indeed the weather in the uk has been hotter than anywhere else in the world the last week, in most of the south east we have had heatwaves for many days continuously.

My question is, IF... a solar storm happenes, whether its july 7th or whenever, what is the worst that could happen!

Does it have anything to do with a physical storm on earth? Because weather here in the uk has been so extreme it cant carry on much longer like this.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My basic concept of what the worst that can happen is this: (I am not a professional, just guessing)

Electricity goes out for months, world chaos is the conclusion.

Our world is run by electricity, banks, traffic systems, travel etc, I think we even need electricty to get clean water to come to our houses, and to pump vehicles with petrol etc

Basically we are going to get a lot of panicky people, riots and thefts will rise, violent crime will rise, people will start to run out of food and water.

Something like that I'm guessing, but I think people will be suprised how well humans can adjust and it may not be so bad, it might be fun, being with family etc, the danger comes from the criminals and the panicky people.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well for 1 I hope it rains over here in Germany as weve been having sunny days for a while now and my lawn needs some water.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by plejarenlyran

Yeah, it has been scorchio here in the UK--phew !!!
And whether there's a solar storm or not in a couple of days, the future weather is goin to be extreme, one way or another.
Someone told me they heard on the news that temps could reach the 50s in August---man that would be a killer!!
If the solar storm/ flare does happen the likely scenario would be amazing aurora in the sky

No power--no internet--satellites disrupted.
Everything we use is based on power--we need power for almost ALL of our everyday needs--just little things like say, a bar of soap !!!
Anarchy would follow--looting, rioting, the fabric of our society would collapse. It would be nightmarish.
Agree with Phoenix on this---plus the world when it recovers could be a much simpler, less populated place.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Wonder what all the 'July 7 solar event' people are going to do when nothing happens on July 7? Or will they find anything out of the ordinary, even non sun related events, and say 'Here's proof!' to cover their butts?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by plejarenlyran
Hello, this is my first official thread on ats, i hope its a good one.

I hear many people talkng about a possible solar storm or magnetic storm on july 7th, the explanations for the crop circles.. sun spots, all seem to point to some sort of solar storm soon.

Indeed the weather in the uk has been hotter than anywhere else in the world the last week, in most of the south east we have had heatwaves for many days continuously.

My question is, IF... a solar storm happenes, whether its july 7th or whenever, what is the worst that could happen!

Does it have anything to do with a physical storm on earth? Because weather here in the uk has been so extreme it cant carry on much longer like this.

Here's an interesting, ongoing thread started by 'ElectroMagneticMultivers'-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Wonder what all the 'July 7 solar event' people are going to do when nothing happens on July 7? Or will they find anything out of the ordinary, even non sun related events, and say 'Here's proof!' to cover their butts?

I personally don't think anything will happen on the 7th--I hope not anyway cos I'm not prepared for a nightmare scenario like that.
Just losin the internet would give me palpitations !!!
There's been many predictions in the past that ain't happened, but one will come to fruition at some time.
My prediction---solar storm either 2010 or 2012, catastrophic, sixth extinction event.
There you go

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

I haven't seen anyone believe it 100%, they are just seeing a crop circle that may be telling us this message and then they are discussing it, that is all. I don't think anyone will be covering their butts.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Yeah, but it might be a good idea to stock up on essentials as soon as poss, just in case !!!
And get a good supply of candles in and bottled water--I'm off to Asda later to run up the plastic

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by plejarenlyran

The worst that could happen with the Sun on July 7th, would be for the Sun to expand to the point that the Earth is actually inside the Sun. It is an eventuality that will occur someday.

Short of that, the Sun could send a Coronal Mass Ejection toward Earth. Depending on the severity of it, it could cause a range of problems. On the lower end, it could cause some increased Northern lights, and a few power failures. Next step up would be frying satellites, and major power grids. Then the next level would be starting some things on fire. Have you watched that movie knowing? Well the Sun gets real angry in that move and cooks the planet like an apple in a blast furnace.

So, what I'm saying is that what happens with the Sun on the 7th oj July could range from nothing noticeable (probable) to total destruction of life on the planet.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk today

Yeah, but it might be a good idea to stock up on essentials as soon as poss, just in case !!!
And get a good supply of candles in and bottled water--I'm off to Asda later to run up the plastic

People should've done that quite a while ago, not just because of a crop circle.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

The movie "KNOWING" was an amazing film.

We came out the cinema wondering if there was a message in it, a warning of events to come ??
Plane crashes---real life plane crashes as well !!
Subway crash---real life subway crash !!!
Next event- solar storm that wipes out humanity !!
Makes you think ???

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My gut feeling says, there just might be some flare activity - but it won't be of a nature that will harm our society.

Here is a partial list of solar effects:

(biological, human)
-blood pressure changes/acute cardiac morbidity
-effects on regulatory systems and cholesterol levels
-electrocortical effects
-situational anxiety, and emotional distress
-headaches, dizziness, others
-immunological deficiency
-cancers

(environmental, Earth)

- meteorological: hurricanes, tornadoes, el nino/la nina
- seismic and tectonic
- volcanic
- magnetospheric
- atmospheric

(technological)
-satellites, national security & communications including commercial and military GPS including weapons guidance system
-power grids and transmission lines
-HAM/radio frequency issues

Also solar cycles correlate with economic effects globally.

And those are a *few* of the things that solar activity impact on Earth.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Yes you're right, I've been slow off the mark making any sort of survival preparations.
Maybe subconciously I don't really want to survive ??
The world would be a terrible place after any of the major catastrophe scenario's.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Actually, the worst that could happen is the earths magnetic poles flipping, which involves them going away for a long time. Bye bye electricity, bye bye protection from UV, bye bye civilization.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There are thousands of planes in the sky at any given moment, there's a slight possibility they'll drop like flies...

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420

Actually, the worst that could happen is the earths magnetic poles flipping, which involves them going away for a long time. Bye bye electricity, bye bye protection from UV, bye bye civilization.

Could a solar flare cause the magnetic poles to flip? Thought that was more a function of the internal iron core rotation than being influenced from outside sources.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I remember seeing a newscast on Global TV , British Columbia a few months ago, maybe 3 months ago, and Tony Parsons, the patriarch newscaster, was with the other two male newscasters and there was a news segment on recommending that people 'take it easy' on life, stopping to smell the roses, etc and when the segment was over...

The camera was on the 3 newscasters.

Tony Parsons leaned back, smiled, laughed lightly, and said something that struck me as odd:

'In a few months, everyone will be doing that' or something to that effect

The two newscasters around him didn't say a thing, and you could tell that comment took the two other newscasters off balance, then the screen faded to commerical

And now, a few months later, the solar flare on the 7th could knock out our communication/electrical grids for God knows how long.

Maybe it was what he was talking about.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Ok I have changed my mind.

The worst thing that could happen? %99 percent of the population doesn't realize the significance of this event, as it will probably not have many tangible connections to their daily lives - at least not from their perspective..

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What I find freaky is that Knowing comes out on DVD on July 7. I think I'll start humming the Twilight Zone theme song now.
So is it just the crop circle or is there other places like NASA saying anything? I couldn't find another other than the jellyfish crop circle.

<<   2 >>

join