It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do civilians have the "finger on the button"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
United Space Alliance a company formed by the merger of big boys Lockheed Martin Launch Operations and Boeing Launch Services
Is a builder of guided missiles,

Business InformationThis company profile is for the private company United Launch Alliance, Llc , located in Harlingen
www.manta.com...

and also manage the launchings of rockets for NASA:

A United Launch Alliance Delta II rocket, on behalf of the NASA Launch Services Program, successfully launched the Space Tracking and Surveillance System (STSS) Advanced Technology Risk Reduction (ATRR) mission for the United States Missile Defense Agency at 1:24 p.m., PDT today. The Missile Defense Agency's STSS Advanced Technology Risk Reduction satellite serves as a technology pathfinder for the STSS mission -- a space-based sensor component of the layered Ballistic Missile Defense System.www.spaceref.com...

But are they also tasked withguarding the launching of our defensive missiles?

ULA program management, engineering, test and mission support functions are headquartered in Denver, Colo. Manufacturing, assembly and integration operations are located at Decatur, Ala., Harlingen, Tex. And San Diego, Calif. Launch operations are located at Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, Fla., and Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.www.space-travel.com...

While doing research I ran across this little gem of a conversation
identities protected by request of the website.)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I know this is serious, but still that is funny.

There is more that meets the eyes going on in this country.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife

I know this is serious, but still that is funny.

There is more that meets the eyes going on in this country.

so what part amuses you the most?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

The part that civilians have their finger on the button. And the guy bragging about it. That could work out well for us if a civil war or revolution breaks out.

The thing about it though is what does it all mean.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I find it scary that one of the guys that we are depending on to push the button when needed will find religion in the last instant and not push it.

Military personnel will follow orders and follow through..jmho

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

These aren't nuclear weapons just rockets. Nuclear launch codes have to go through the president.

I'm sure they guy would push the button if it came down to it. Maybe with hesitation but it would get done.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

the guy in the forum actually said "missiles" not rockets. and they are working at air force bases...
oh and the company is a manufacturer of guided missiles.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by JulieMills]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Missiles, rockets, same thing one just has a warhead and the other is used to launch things. But Nuclear weapons are at different facilities, one thing that they are not going to do is let civilians push the button for nuclear weapons.

I wouldn't worry about honestly.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

i iwll hope on it but prolly still will worry.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm not trying to worry you any more than you already are but if you knew what went on in the military you wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I'm sure the guys they have manning the buttons are gun nuts that would love to launch a missile.

top topics

join