It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldier Captured in Afghanistan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

American Soldier Captured in Afghanistan

www.foxnews.com

BREAKING NEWS — U.S. military spokeswoman says insurgents have captured an American soldier in eastern Afghanistan.

Capt. Elizabeth Mathias said the soldier has been missing since Tuesday. She said she could not provide further information.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I sure hope they can get the soldier back alive and well.

However considering the Taliban does not reconize any sort of human rights, I expect to unfortunately see the soldier tortured, burned and hung. These terrorists will not give our soldiers regular meals and bibles to read but instead will do real torture and not just college pranks.

Hopefully they get him back alive and kill all the terrorists.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Zabiullah Mujaheed, a spokesman for the Taliban, could not confirm that the soldier was with any of their militant forces. A myriad of insurgent groups operate in eastern Afghanistan, and the Taliban is only one of them.

So, a post child for the war is born.
But I pray wont die.

This is just beyond absurd - IMO.

You can't tell me this happened at exactly the right moment without orchestration.

I know, truth is stranger than fiction, but not this time.

grrrr...

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
You can't tell me this happened at exactly the right moment without orchestration.

I know, truth is stranger than fiction, but not this time.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.
Are you saying that the soldiers capture was orchestrated? If so, for what purpose?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Yes, I believe it was orchestrated.
I've no doubt at all.

On the day of Obama’s surge into war in Afghanistan?

What better way to stir up the war cry from the arm chair warriors at home...

peace

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

I sure hope they can get the soldier back alive and well.

However considering the Taliban does not reconize any sort of human rights, I expect to unfortunately see the soldier tortured, burned and hung. These terrorists will not give our soldiers regular meals and bibles to read but instead will do real torture and not just college pranks.

Hopefully they get him back alive and kill all the terrorists.

www.foxnews.com

Wanna come over to my place? I'll waterboard you. Since its just a college prank we don't need a savety signal for me to stop right?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Ya know whats funny...if they don't release the name and/or photo, then no one at all might have been captured. It could literally be a Layette Gulf type incident.

Just because I say my dog got run over, doesn't mean it happened....without proof.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

Ya know whats funny...if they don't release the name and/or photo, then no one at all might have been captured. It could literally be a Layette Gulf type incident.

Lots of truth to that.
I like how your mind works.
Even so, I'm sure they'll cough out the sacrificial soldier before too long.
Will be interesting to see just *who* it is.

Honestly though, if there really is a soldier and the truth is the soldier got caught?
As horrible as it is, and as sorry as I may be one of the troops is in fear of his or her life?
Put it this way - George Forman said (roughly)

‘If you’re gonna box - you’re gonna get hit‘

No reason to blow this capture all out of proportion for any other reason than trying to stir up pro-war sympathies.

peace

[edit on 2-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Ask the soilders that wear murdered after being drug around like dogs if they would of rather been water boarded and then sent home..

God be with the men over there and let their bullets fly true..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
reply to post by debunky

God be with the men over there

I'm one hundred percent on board with this one... I wish them all a safe return. Governments start wars, soldiers only fight them.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
US soldiers need to realize that surrender is no longer an option. We are not fighting people who abide by the Geneva Convention, they would be better off going down fighting the being tortured in some cave.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Sadly, they are not fighting against people who adhere to the Geneva Convention either. Sad sad sad all the way around.

There is no honor in war.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I hope this soldier is found alive and saved/safe as well as returned home to his loved ones.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I hope our new torture policies don't further endanger this fellow.

Now that we do it, this poor soldier might be subject to 'enhanced interrogation' tactics and other depredations that we have used...such as:

Waterboarding - over 180 times (KSM)

Sodomized - Yup, America does that.

Shipped off to Morocco for Penis slicing - CIA/MI-5 suspect (he was shipped to Guantanamo after the penis slicing)

Stress positions with hood on head and electrical wires over a puddle of water - see the pictures.

Naked Pyramid - well, there is just one guy so rule that out.

Forced to stand naked against a wall while angry german sheppard growls and snarls at your exposed genitals - Lets hope they have good hold on that leash.

Sleep Deprivation and liquid diet with no toilet paper (not necessarily at the same time) - God bless America.

*I guess this poor soldier could be subjected to any of this stuff and even though he is just a grunt and may never have even participated in any sort of crime - his captors could could say:

"We were just copying you, America. You do it too. And don't worry we had medical personnel on stand-by in case he started to die, loss consciousness, or become injured... Just like you."

What a messed up situation we have. I am hoping that his Captors take the moral High Ground that we abandoned long ago.

I hope we get him back soon and alive. I hope that our most cruel policies are not used to justify the abuse of this individual.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'll take any of your options over having someone trying to saw my head of with a dull sword anyday..

this isnt the place for the we torture so its ok for you to do it argument..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Guess we'll be seeing another beheading video before long.

For all those who complain about these so called 'terrorists' then i ask you a question, how would you react if your country was suddenly invaded?

I'm not supporting either action, i think war is wrong... but i can see from an Afghan point of view that a captured American solider would be like a golden egg.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'll take any of your options over having someone trying to saw my head of with a dull sword anyday..

Then please reread that list of options - except this time imagine you were a man.

The fact is that we can no longer claim the Moral High Ground. We torture people.

The captors could do any of the things we have done or sanctioned and we would be unable to condemn them for it without condemning ourselves. That is the position we are in.

I hope they don't waterboard him just because we do it. KSM was tortured this way over 180 times.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   

It seems your the only one arguing the point of we torture so its ok for them to do it..I understand that clearly..

And yes a sane person would rather have his penis chopped off than having his head sawed on with a dull sword..And I am no less of a man stating that all of your options at the end of the day leave the person alive.Unlike the history of this soldiers captors..

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Then please reread that list of options - except this time imagine you were a man.

The fact is that we can no longer claim the Moral High Ground. We torture people.

The captors could do any of the things we have done or sanctioned and we would be unable to condemn them for it without condemning ourselves. That is the position we are in.

I hope they don't waterboard him just because we do it. KSM was tortured this way over 180 times.

We don't torture and that's just silly.

Three people were waterboarded and we can only hope that this is all that happens to the soldier under the Taliban.

Have you forgotten Daniel Pearl? Why do people act like the Taliban and the terrorist are only responding to our aggression? Have you forgot the U.S.S. Cole or the first WTC bombing?

They are not doing these things because of Iraq or some liberal fantasy that we torture. They have been after us for years.

So hopefully the Taliban gives our soldiers the same meals and medical treatment they get at Gitmo and maybe send them to an exotic island to go swimming.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Matrix Rising]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I really hope this soldier comes out alive but i'm afraid it won't happen like that

To the terrorist apologists here; how many people captured by Americans have been released alive vs. the ones captured by 'insurgents' or the Taliban?

I'm sorry but I just cannot fathom people making excuses for a bunch of 12th century barbarians that seem to only know murder and torture. I don't know about anyone else here but seeing that old video of the Taliban taking those women out to the soccer field and putting an AK47 round through their skull upsets me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join