It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl of 14 is only survivor as jet with 153 on board crashes in sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Girl of 14 is only survivor as jet with 153 on board crashes in sea

www.mirr or.co.uk

Rescuers searching for the remains of 153 people on a crashed Airbus yesterday dragged a girl of 14 from the sea, still alive.

She was picked up 10 miles off the coast of the Comoros islands in the Indian Ocean close to where the jet went down in bad weather.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It is terrible that so many died in the crash, yet miraculous tht this young girl would survive. She clung to floating wreckage for 13 hours before she was rescued.

Sole known survivor of Yemen crash flies to Paris

An Associated Press reporter saw 14-year-old Bahia Bakari in a Comoros hospital Wednesday as she was visited by government officials. She was conscious with bruises on her face and gauze bandages on her right elbow and right foot. Her hair was pulled back and she was covered by a blue blanket but she gamely shook the hand of Alain Joyandet, France's minister for international cooperation.

news.yahoo.com...

At this time no one is exactly sure what brought the plane down.

www.mirr or.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
More info on the crash:

Planes hunt for Comoros crash black box

The airline said the passengers were 75 Comorans and 65 French nationals along with one Palestinian and one Canadian. The crew comprised six Yemenis, two Moroccans, one Indonesian, one Ethiopian and a Filipina.

www.alertnet.org...

This is the second recent major air crash involving a large number of deaths of French citizens.

I honestly wonder if this is just a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Seems like she someone important. I mean not like save the world important, but important enough for God to step in and do somthing about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

On Wednesday evening, Miss Bakari — hospitalized and suffering from scratches, bruises and at least one fracture — was asking for her mother, who had been on the same flight, according to an uncle who had seen the girl. He said he told her, for now, that her mother was in the next room.

But in an almost miraculous tale of luck and endurance, Miss Bakari is apparently the only survivor of an air disaster that left all 152 other people on board dead.

NY Times

A French official said that she had been in the water for at least 13.5 hours.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Let's wait for the passenger list to come out. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out someone relatively important was on that plane.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paveway27
Seems like she someone important. I mean not like save the world important, but important enough for God to step in and do somthing about it.

Being saved by the merciful God again, huh. The same that apparently didn't give a crap about her parents or any other one too for that matter.

It's called pure Luck. Or cruel unfairness, depending on how she will see it, if or when she wonders why she was the only one surviving.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My theory was correct, for every unbreakable man there is an unbreakable women. Somebody call Bruce Willis, we just found his soul mate.
Seriously though, this girl should go buy a lottery ticket. She is incredibly lucky to still be alive. Of coarse all the religious nut jobs will be out in full force saying Jeebus saved her. Just like they said he saved the lady who missed the previous flight that crashed only to be killed a few days later. Their logic is flawless.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I personally think its somewhat craptastic they are telling her that her presumed dead mother is still alive. At what point will they say "oh just kiddin', we were lying about your mom. She didn't make it". I think this would upset me more than the initial news... Lucky girl though to survive. There sure have been lots of planes going down lately... even small ones. One crashed at my grandparents place last week.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
It was her destiny to survive. I have streaks of luck all the time.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It's remarkable, and really amazing, that only one person, and that person being a child, survived, with only a collar bone fracture.

This is a very interesting story, but I agree, there does seem to be a lot of plane complications.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JalZhaunlUss
It was her destiny to survive. I have streaks of luck all the time.

I agree. When it's your time, dude, it's your time.

God has a plan, as cruel as it can be sometimes - when you die, you will understand. There is no reason to try to understand in this life.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I wonder who will be getting custody of her once she recovers since her family is dead. Does she have relatives back home who will take her in? Or will she need to be adopted?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
I wonder who will be getting custody of her once she recovers since her family is dead. Does she have relatives back home who will take her in? Or will she need to be adopted?

Awww, now I'm sad.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I've been looking for her

top topics

join