It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's election authority: Partial recount shows election valid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Iran's election authority: Partial recount shows election valid

www.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- Saying it had completed an investigation into alleged voter irregularities, Iran's election authority on Monday stood by its findings that gave hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad an overwhelming victory and sparked more than two weeks of chaos in the streets.

A partial recount has confirmed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's victory, the Guardian Council says.

There was "no tangible irregularity," Guardian Council spokesman Abbas Ali Kadkhodaei told government-run Press TV after reporting that a recount of some 10 percent of the votes found no significant di
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You'll notice that the rioting has died down, and Iran is coming to terms with the election rigging.

This recount (stunt) of 10% of the votes is intended to allay voters concerns, but I doubt many will be fooled, but probably enough will be.

PS - take a look at the photo in the link, can someone please find Ahmedinejad a suit that actually fits him, he really is one scruffy little turd.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
..a partial recount isn't a full recount. If it was a legit election they shouldn't have any problem with counting the lot than just a sample., expecting people to accept that as proof will just piss them off more imo.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

You got any actual evidence to backup your claim of rigging? Has anyone anywhere proven faul play?
Rioters were just sore losers, that's it.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Partially correct (IMHO) the sore losers being TPTB in certain western countries...
The trouble is, it may still be used as an argument to 'invade a sovereign democratic country'.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think recounting infront of a camera made it even worse

Suspicious ballot photos posted by Iran state media? A reader writes, "I believe this is well worth reporting: many interesting photos are being put on the web as I write, a good number of them published by IRNA itself (see here). These are images from the recent Guardians Council TV broadcast session where they 'recounted' some ballot boxes and found out that indeed Ahmadinejad's votes were higher than previously counted. These pictures show two things very clearly: 1) that a whole lot of the ballots that are being recounted are fresh, crisp, unfolded sheets - which makes no sense, given that people typically had to fold these sheets before they can slip them into the ballot boxes, and 2) that the handwriting on so many of the sheets which are votes for 'Ahmadinejad' are the same handwriting (and very clearly so)."

For pictures visit :

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

You got any actual evidence to backup your claim of rigging? Has anyone anywhere proven faul play?
Rioters were just sore losers, that's it.

I think the fact that they only recounted 10% of the votes is testament enough to the evidence of rigging.

Either recount all the votes, or don't count them at all. Samples prove nothing. They could have pulled that sample from areas that are more likely to support one candidate over another, or so forth. For democracy to work every vote must count.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Um yeah, I'm sorta gonna have to disagree with yoou there. The people in Iran aren't dumb. They know that Amaidiotajad did not win any election. He's just a little turd that wants to impose fear to control his people. I say that instead of rioting, the people need to band together and overthrow the idgot and the supreme leader as well. They need to take their country back as do Americans. We are in dire need of reclaiming our country from the tyrants that are destroying it. Nobama is no better than GW was.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
First I would like to say I love Ahmadenijad. He is calm and peaceful and serene and has the spirit of the Lord in him...

Oh wait, that's Obama...

Let me just skip ahead in the 2008-2009 rigged election CIA program book and proper responses...

I hate Ahmadenijad because (insert mainstream media reason of the week here).

Thanks mainstream media...I hate having to think for myself!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Anyone who has been following the events in Iran closely will have seen photos of the "Votes" that were recounted. Interesting indeed. The photos showed New sheets of paper, flat and unfolded. Everyone knows that all votes had to be folded in order to fit into the voting box. This is ONE proof of vote fraud in the recount.

A closer look at the photos shows that several of the votes in the image were written with the exact same handwriting. One more proof of recount fraud.

The "Recount" was just more smoke and mirrors. The People of Iran continue to speak out for their rights to a free and open democracy. While the Main Stream News outlets offer little coverage, the Truth is that unrest continues, along with protests and a great deal of online and Twitter planning. Government violence against the citizens has reduced the number of people in the streets but it has done nothing to quell the unrest. This is not over by any means.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
drwizardphd: I think it is a testament that they were willing to listen to the people. They did far more than they had to. Now the losers just have the live with what is clearly democratic leader.

Terapin: Source? And what other proof is there?

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The source of the Photos is IRNA the Iranian National News agency, the official government news. They posted photos of the Recount, and in the official government approved photos you can clearly see that the Votes they were recounting had never been folded. They were all brand new flat paper votes. A close blow up of the photos revealed that several of the votes had Ahmadinejad hand written in the space provided, but with the SAME handwriting on several votes.

You can visit their web site and see if the Photos are still up. They may have been pulled when these obvious issues were discovered and pointed out. You will also have to be able to read Farsi.

Mousavi has announced that they are going to release more information that also proves Vote Fraud.

You can get up to date information about current events in Iran at Why We Protests - Iran

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
According to what I heard, most rich, young, and well educated people elected Mousavi. But Iran has much more rednecks than US in term of percentage, so I am not surprised if Ahmadinejad won. Just think why Bush was elected two times, lol

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Funny that, they have said it is ligit when, those doing the recount were told to stop recounting eh, and also were told by the authorties in Iran the case was closed on the elections.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Cant find any such fotos. So it's just hearsay at least for now. Noone thought about saving the pics and posting them somewhere else?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If you look, you shall find. The photos were not at all difficult to find, Here are a few sources:

Official Iranian government approved photo of Votes being recounted. Notice, NO FOLDS. Every genuine vote was folded in half so that it would fit into the voting box.
Photo of unfolded votes

Also:
Photo and article showing multiple votes with Same Handwriting

More:
HuffingtonPost report showing Official photos that prove vote fraud

All of the photos linked to were from the Official Iranian Government news agency. When the obvious vote fraud was pointed out, they pulled the photos and Ahmadinejad cancelled a press conference about the recount.

Just to top things off I offer you this evidence: Cell phone video showing one person signing multiple votes

[edit on 2/7/09 by Terapin]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

If you look, you shall find. The photos were not at all difficult to find, Here are a few sources:

Official Iranian government approved photo of Votes being recounted. Notice, NO FOLDS. Every genuine vote was folded in half so that it would fit into the voting box.
Photo of unfolded votes

Also:
Photo and article showing multiple votes with Same Handwriting

More:
HuffingtonPost report showing Official photos that prove vote fraud

All of the photos linked to were from the Official Iranian Government news agency. When the obvious vote fraud was pointed out, they pulled the photos and Ahmadinejad cancelled a press conference about the recount.

Just to top things off I offer you this evidence: Cell phone video showing one person signing multiple votes

[edit on 2/7/09 by Terapin]

Almost EVERY western nation has acknowledged that Ahmedinejad won the election, almost every western poll showed that he was going to win prior to the election and several western polls included greater margins that what he actually won by.

Mousavi claimed he won prior to Ahmedinijad - clearly provocative, and when he didn't win called it rigged -

So why is it rigged - because some people put their paper in unfolded - what a farce - absolute joke.

All evidence points to an Ahmedinijad victory, western polls and officials including intelligence also all recognise this fact - why don't you ?

The only issue at hand is the scale of the victory - and anyone who has done any research knows that the polls conducted prior to the elections pointed to a massive victory for ahmedinijad - the only issue left here is why Mousavi is causing so much trouble and stirring up so much division over the result - and this is where you should look directly to western influence - specifically the CIA spamming of SMS messages, facebook and twitter - further the billion dollar war chest for MOK and special operations inside IRan aimed at disrupting the results as evidenced by Symore Hersch 12 months ago and publicly approved by congress.

Further the dozen British and US television stations and DOZENS of radion stations beamed ILLEGALLY into Iran as propaganda -

Which part of all this dont you get - because these are the absolute FACTS and can all be verified and have been evidenced repeatedly by myself on this website-

The question you should be asking yourself is why are you such a sucker for western covert operations ?

It has even come to light that Neda was shot by special operations from the US - how fast has this story been dropped like a hot potato -

IN fact you will notice the entire Iranian election is off the agenda as it becomes so embarringly obvious that the entire thing was rigged from the west that they are back tracking and disavowing all knowledge - THATS WHY OBAMA NEVER ENGAGED !

The only people who are still flogging this dead horse are either completely brainwashed or part of the operation.

Will provide links to ever point and fact to everything I have stated here for anyone who wishes to challenge anything I have written.

For anyone who wishes to inform themselves a quick search on my user name will come up with dozens of links to all the evidence you need to educate yourself on the truth of this conspiracy....

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by audas

It is clear that you are a shill for Ahmadinejad. There is evidence of significant voter fraud that is undeniable. Just yesterday boxes full of hundreds of ballots were discovered that had never been counted. The ballot boxes were still sealed and had never been opened for the count. This was witnessed by the international press as they were accompanying a cleric visiting his provence. ALL votes are supposed to be in Tehran yet these were never counted and simply abandoned in the public library. The Cleric who is pro Ahmadinejad, quickly seized the ballots as national documents and refused to allow anyone to inspect them. There are Photos of this event if you care to look. By law all votes are to be taken to Tehran for the official count. These votes were simply swept aside as the outcome had been decided before the vote even took place.

You brush over forged votes with denial. If you knew anything about the vote process you would know that an unfolded vote will not fit into the ballot box. All voters were given clear instructions about folding the vote in half to fit it into the ballot box, and to provide privacy on how their vote was cast. Official government photos showing new and unfolded ballots proved this fraud and were quickly pulled when it was pointed out. If there was no fraud why did they pull the embarrassing photos? How do you fit a nine inch piece pf paper into a thin five inch slot without folding it? Stacks of unfolded fresh and new ballots were shown as part of the official recount. Several had the same handwriting. That is not at all a normal democratic process.

People are being rounded up and killed because a regime is desperate to hold on to power. The events in Iran Today indicate a significant public outrage with the vote. The people of Iran have the legal right to a free open election. It is guaranteed by their constitution. Members of the opposition from various parties and candidates were prohibited from observing the vote, a violation of the legal democratic process. Contrary to your statement that almost every Western nation has accepted the vote, the truth is that Amadinejad is facing increased political isolation due to the voter fraud and violence against the people of Iran. This isolation is both from within, as many important political and religious leaders have denounced the voter process and subsequent violence against the citizens, as well as political isolation from nations around the globe.

Your rant about the BBC is rubbish because even Iranian newspapers have been prohibited from reporting on the vote and public outcry. They have been censored by the corrupt regime. Iranian citizens are being prevented from exercising their legal rights. There are thousands of Iranian citizens who are sending out videos and reports on the events in Iran, through Twitter, cell phone videos, and internet streams, so that the world can see what is really happening. Perhaps you should stop and take a look at what the PEOPLE of Iran desire, and not what the corrupt regime tells you the people want.

There is an old saying in Iran that many have equated to the recent events there: A fox was seen running from a town. When people asked the Fox why it was running away so fast it replied, The government has announced that they are shooting all foxes with three testicles. When the people pointed out that the fox had nothing to worry about as it had the normal two, the Fox replied, They are shooting first, and counting after.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Omg you call that evidence of anything? Where does it say that the votes have to be folded? Infact it said in your source that some people folded. You can see the top votes on the stacks, how do you recon the rest are not folded?
As for the handwriting I'm not gonna comment untill I can see something other than a match box sized image where you can't see anything.
You guys are so gullible. You're making up evidence where there is none.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I did not make up any evidence. It was reported on major news outlets directly from the Iranian government official news. The Iranian government PULLED the photographs when the problems were pointed out. Why would they pull the photos if there was nothing to hide?

As for the folding, tell me please, how do you fit a 9 inch ballot through a 5 inch narrow slot without folding it? The official Iranian government news showed STACKS of ballots and also showed video of them counting many many new and unfolded ballots. If you have problems with your inability of seeing close enough, then once again I ask you to go and look for yourself. There are plenty of places where the photos and video has been archived. They were also reported on by major international news outlets. You can take the photos and open them up in photoshop or another application and examen them closely for yourself. If all you chose to do is watch censored Iranian news, then it is clear that you are not interested in denying ignorance.

What about the four sealed boxes of ballots discovered yesterday that were never counted? Why were they never counted and why were they never sent to Tehran as required by law???

Russia, and Putin in particular, has long been one of Irans strongest supporters. Putin just the other day refused to have a private meeting with Ahmedinejad. He had meetings with the leaders of Afghanistan and Pakistan, but refused to meet privately with Ahmedinejad and only spoke to him briefly with a group of foreign heads of state. Ahmedinejad is finding himself becoming increasingly isolated due to the obvious voter manipulation. When one of his closest allies turns his back on him, the message is clear.

Perhaps you should be listening to the citizens of Iran, instead of playing arm chair politician and supporting a repressive regime. Ahmedinejad stated in a national address that Interpol was investigating the death of Neda. Interpol stated publicly that there was absolutely no truth to that statement. When the government begins to arrest and kill non violent protesters who merely want their votes to be honestly counted, then it is clear that something has gone seriously wrong.

In the US one can demonstrate against the President, and during the Bush administration it was a common event, even going so far as to protest directly in front of the Presidents private ranch in Texas. No one was shot, disappeared, beaten or intimidated by government thugs. In Iran simply asking for voter transparency can get you killed.

<<   2 >>

join