It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unbreakable?? Immortal??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A 5 year old child survived a plane crash (in the ocean) yesterday, everyone else died...coincidence? I tend to not believe in coincidence...
Has anyone seen other examples of this? (besides the Bruce Willis movie)

DZAEUDZI, Comoros – A passenger jet carrying 153 people from Yemen crashed into the Indian Ocean in bad weather early Tuesday while trying to land at the island nation of Comoros. Search teams rescued a child from the sea, officials said, but there was no word on other survivors.

The Yemeni Airbus 310 was flying the last leg of a journey taking passengers from Paris and Marseille to Comoros via Yemen. Most of the passengers were from Comoros, returning from Paris. Sixty-six on board were French nationals.

The rescued child was 5 years old and the flight also had at least three babies, Yemeni civil aviation deputy chief Mohammed Abdul Qader said.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
That child must have a very special mission in life, I tend to beleive it was protection of Angels that spared the child His life. I have read of many miracles like this, I don't think he's superhuman however. Just under protection, kept alive for some purpose he will fullfill.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Sorry, Idyserenity - but I find your logic on this issue a bit confusing. I'd love what you say to be true, of course. But at the same time, if the angels were their to rescue this child, couldn't they have helped another few folk while they were at it? Or couldn't they have got there a little earlier and prevented the disaster in the first place?

Millions

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

Well, like I said, there was a reason for that particular child to be saved, Not the entire plane, or simply it just wasn't his time to go, but everyone else on the plane was due to go. Death is like that. when It's your time, it's your time, if it's not, a guardian will intervene. That's IMO, of course, but you should research plane crashes and find the numbers of cancellations for those flights/ people who just missed the flight etc. They were intervened, however since this child was so young, he/she would have to accompany parents on flight regardless, therefore another intervention would be needed. Apparently the parents were meant to perish. But, like I said that's just MO. It makes more sense than being immortal, or unbreakable, No?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well..... I wish I had your faith. I really do. I envy it, to be honest. But if these angels are able to intervene as you say, why is there such misery everywhere?

Millions

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

It makes more sense than being immortal, or unbreakable, No?

If you are open minded enough to believe in angels (which I do also) do you also believe there is a possibility of an immortal?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Millions

Well..... I wish I had your faith. I really do. I envy it, to be honest. But if these angels are able to intervene as you say, why is there such misery everywhere?

Millions

God helps those who help themselves, Misery is self inflicted, It took me many years to realize this, but my life's been much more happy since I've come to this realization. No I am not talking sickness/disease, that is something you don't have control over, but I beleive that comes into play with reincarnation/ the person chose this, why you'd ask, for many different reasons, 1. Understanding, 2. sympathy for others in later incarnations,3. to make the soul body stronger.
You only get stronger through moving through obstacles, right? Those who have an easy life, they are not as strong as those who've risen above obstacles.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JulieMills

Originally posted by ldyserenity

It makes more sense than being immortal, or unbreakable, No?

If you are open minded enough to believe in angels (which I do also) do you also believe there is a possibility of an immortal?
That's true, but I don't know why anybody would want that... or choose that, it seems it would be more a crse than a blessing. But, that's jmo.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Upon researching "immortals" I ran across this:
benabba.wordpress.com...

and then I found this:
nowscape.com...

the first seems to verify the second...sort of...

makes for interesting reading.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

Interesting stuff indeed. Yes, in biblical times they (some folks) were said to live thousands of years longer, this DNA could remain in some people from that ancestory, but they aren't really immortal. per se, it just seems that way in comparison to our lifetimes. Even in Egyptian mythos you see pharoahs reigning thousands of years. Dna was changed to create a shorter lifespan, I beleive this was done sometime after the flood, because of some reason or other, not too sure on the biblical accounts. Or maybe time was different then?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
He is still mortal. He was spared by the forces...

I would normally argue that children are less likely to tense up in a crash. The tense body is much more susceptible to injury than a loose one.

In a plane crash however, people probably died from being mangled and this child was blessed on that day.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The Siddha Yogis

These are not your conventional saints or typical yogis. Technically, they are called Saivite siddhas, which means followers of Siva who have attained the highest knowledge and perfection. It is said that such men hold Truth in the palm of their hand, that they can do anything at will--turn iron into gold, heal the sick, raise the dead, see into the future, change lives and talk with the Gods. Many are the stories told by the still-living disciples of this satguru lineage gurus, those who saw the miracles first-hand through tears of wonderment and awe. Such powers sometimes became an obstacle when devotees came to these siddhas for the lesser magic rather than for God Consciousness. So the masters "hid themselves" beneath unassuming white robes and stern ways. It helped. But these were luminous beings, engulfed in the Clear White Light day and night. Who can hide such radiance for long? People still came. The most ardent drew near, and the teachings were passed from one to the next over the centuries. Not in classes or seminars. In the old way, by word of mouth, by the preceptor's testing the disciple, preparing the disciple, guiding the disciple in daily context and in dreams. Such men can shake the seeker's mind loose from its shackles, arouse awareness from the slumber of so many births and turn questions like "Who am I?" into proclamations of "I am That." This the gurus of the Yogaswami lineage did. Here is a glimpse of these great souls and the God-centered nondualism they taught.

Source : himalayanAcademy.com

In the Siddha Yoga tradition there are numerous acknowledged 'masters,' they say, who are literally thousands of years old. They don't generally seem to have 'physical bodies,' although some still do. It is said that those who no longer have physical bodies are able to 'materialize' at will and are still seen from time to time by disciples.

I think these would 'qualify' as indesctructible, don't you ?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

wow, reading that reminded me of that video that is here..somewhere...where that person is shrouded in a bright white light and he is amongst normal people in the video and they don't even notice him or act like it...I'll search for the video...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

You said :

wow, reading that reminded me of that video that is here..somewhere...where that person is shrouded in a bright white light and he is amongst normal people in the video and they don't even notice him or act like it...I'll search for the video...

I have personally found it absolutely amazing to discover just only a few of the 'ancient traditions' which still flourish here in our world.

And, way back when, I was equally amazed at the complete and utter 'blackout' and 'demonization' these topics have been subjected to here in the west.

These 'ancient traditions' I have found from personal experience are the most 'liberating' and most 'empowering' sources of information available anywhere ( to the 'common' person, anyways ) in the world today.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I believe you are talking about this video: www.youtube.com...

It is, by the way, supposed to be Maitreya, which is a so called Ascended Master.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

It is, by the way, supposed to be Maitreya, which is a so called Ascended Master.

Yes, but depending on which flavor of 'Christian' you hear from, this Maitraya is the 'antichrist' or worse ...

We've all been sold a major bill of goods over here ...

We've been quite effectively entirely cut off from our heritage and absolute birthright as human beings, arising ( at least back in 'the day' ) in a 'perfect environment' for the accomplishment of the 'prime objective' of human life - to meet God !

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by visible_villain

Originally posted by Nightchild

Yes, but depending on which flavor of 'Christian' you hear from, this Maitraya is the 'antichrist' or worse ...

We've all been sold a major bill of goods over here ...

We've been quite effectively entirely cut off from our heritage and absolute birthright as human beings, arising ( at least back in 'the day' ) in a 'perfect environment' for the accomplishment of the 'prime objective' of human life - to meet God !

True, but whether he is "The Beast" or not, he is still what is considered 'Immortal', which was the topic discussed.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i love how its a "miracle" that one child survived out of how many that got shredded in the plane wreck?

isnt it miraculous that one child survived a horrifying ordeal that probably left him orphaned?

Praise the Lord!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
i love how its a "miracle" that one child survived out of how many that got shredded in the plane wreck?

isnt it miraculous that one child survived a horrifying ordeal that probably left him orphaned?

Praise the Lord!

So what would you consider it? luck? coincidence? immortality?(my choice)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

So what would you consider it? luck? coincidence? immortality?(my choice)

I wouldn't consider it immortality. Immortality is a bit of a misnomer though. To be immortal, one simply cannot die before they have fulfilled their Dharma or Divine Purpose. That doesn't prevent them from being injured. They can still be maimed, injured, critically hurt, infected, etc. while being immortal. There's a lot of bad things that can happen that make death look pale in comparison. So, if this child was not injured, as well as didn't die, then it's not immortality. I guess to classify it in any way, one would need to know if the boy suffered injuries or not in the crash, rather than just survived the crash where all the others on the flight may not have been as fortunate.

I wouldn't consider it Coincidence. It does not appear to be a sequence of events that although accidental seems to have been planned or arranged. (Although with ATS it won't be long before the planned and arranged part are theorized about!)

I wouldn't consider it a Miracle, but that's only because I'm not religious in that particular way. Professing of Miracles requires a belief in a deity that takes an consciously active role in everyday matters. Some here might think of it as such but I personally don't.

As for luck, that might be the best guess, but again it requires a similar form of belief as Miracles do. The premise that some people are blessed more than others doesn't seem like a very sound one.

(But for argument's sake, my profession in Immortality in the first instance relies on the same tenuous belief that there is Destiny or Dharma or Divine Purpose or Higher Will, so it's not really any more valid than the belief in Miracles or the belief in Luck.)

It *IS* however, most definitely a "REMARKABLE" incident, that is for sure.

Hopefully that boy will find a way to grow past the trauma he has experienced and live a full life.

And hopefully it isn't just one of those Media "make people feel good in the face of tragedy" stories that was fabricated or exaggerated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join