It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*A Proposition For All ATS Member*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I agree with this post. I haven't had cable/TV for a few years now, but I was obsessed with this site (more like extremely intrigued) for about a year until a few months ago. Now that I'm back, I don't let the negativity affect me.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I must post a reply. Sure, the facade is still holding. Sure we can still pretend that all is OK in the world. But as long as we do that, we are doing just what the PTB want of us.

They want us to ignore the fact that Obama's change is not ridding us of anti-Constitutional legislation (no overturning of "Patriot" Acts...), pushing of indefinite detention for any who are arbitrarily deemed a "threat" (like those who support the Constitution), supporting eugenic "healthcare" platforms, and so on.

They can sneek up behind us as we're laughing with friends at the pizza parlor and haul us off, force injections of who knows what toxins and biological weaponry, cart us off to FEMA camps (which we conveniently forgot about), and so on.

In MY opinion, it is sites like ATS that just might be the make-or-break of society as we learn of the threats we must fight.

So you would rather we dig a hole deeply in the sand to place our heads in?

That will spell the end of us.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I love this site. I avoid all the that negative stuff.

but then without all the doom and gloom it wouldn't be ATS

nice OP

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hmmmmm.....funny, but I don't view being aware of possibilities as being negative, exactly. I want to know what the odds are that an NEO might actually hit the earth somewhere, if one is passing close, but I understand what probabilities are, and what they aren't. Likewise, it's not being negative to know if hurricanes are increasing in intensity and trying to understand why. All is grist for the mill.

So I guess I disagree with your premise that the content changes one's outlook. It might I suppose, if you find it difficult to maintain perspective.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

The problem is a lot of people on this site promote their conspiracy theories as FACT, when they are really just conspiracy theories.

Maybe it may not have affected you, but to impressionable young minds that come on here it is not healthy to be surrounded by a lot of the junk thats is on here.

[edit on 6/28/2009 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
But is it not your fear that is making this all the more real for you?

Well, I'd have to disagree that it was my own fear, or will be my own fear, that causes this all to come tumbling down. I know plenty of people who continually pray for things to get better. But most of those people are continually praying for things to get better for THEM, or praying specifically for others in their immediate circle. How many people do you know that are praying for the criminals in government to cease, desist, and be prosecuted so that we may one day be the true nation of honorable, humble, civil, non-interventionalists that the constitution directs us to be?

Knowledge is a two way street my friend. Some of it can cause great joy, but some of it can cause great grief and stress. And lots of it in a negative direction, such as much of what is posted here, can really bring one to the breaking point. I am of the belief that it is going to take more than mere self-indulgence of positive energy to make the real changes that are needed to get us back on track.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What good is prayer if there is no faith behind that prayer?

As I pointed out, look at single men like Napoleon who changed history. He had great faith in himself, no doubt, otherwise he wouldn't have accomplished what he did. There was nothing "supernatural" to his success. It all boils down to his complete faith in himself and his cause.

Also, prayer by itself is pretty much worthless if you don't believe that what you have prayed for has already happened for you. You must act "as If." That doesn't mean we just sit around waiting for it to magically happen. Work will be necessary, but if you put yourself in the right state of mind it wont seem like work at all. It will just be something you do out of instinct in order to achieve what you want.

How many people do you know that have that kind of faith? Very few, and the ones who do are most likely at the top of the game already.

[edit on 6/28/2009 by thehumbleone]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I couldn't agree more. Since the election, I have only been on ATS a few times until recently. My reasoning was that too much time here was hampering my spiritual growth. I now try to stay away from threads dealing with predicting the future, as this is knowledge we are not meant to have. Also, if a thread gets too negative and the attacks get too personal, I'm out like trout!

[edit on 28-6-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

My sentiments exactly!

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I did take about 14 days off from ATs and any news media what so ever. It was a great time, because I chose for it to be, but there was not a single day when I was not thinking in some way or another about ATS.

I thought about this too, and even though I was sheltered from the truth of what is happening, I still sensed stuff much more than others around me did. I found that people live their happy little lives ignorant to the truth that surrounds them.

If a Nuclear weapon goes missing, I WANT To KNOW. If there is a big threat from NK, I WANT To know. If there is a massive sighting, again I want to know.

For me, I would rather put a situation on my sensitive feelings than to sit by and sense something I cannot figure out but feel in my gut.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I've been a member here for some time. I don't always check in here every day or every week. I agree that there is a lot of negativity and conspiracy but I expect it here. People who are always too positive may be missing some information. Maybe they are like the people in the Matrix movie who don't want to know reality even if they could.

You can see the positive in many things that many people see as negative. If you are young and have most of your working years ahead of you, the recent stock market crash could be a major positive. You'll have the ability to buy up stocks in the next two or 3 years cheaper than they've been in many years. It's still a bear market on a multi-year outlook which means the sale price is going to get bettter. Many might see that as negative. I see it as a positive. Who believes a major sale is a positive when you have some money to spend? You just have to be patient.

Think about all of our luxuries we have in this day and age. 100 years ago the common people lived as peasants and a straw bed was a luxury fit for a king. Now we have air conditioning and heating, tv's, computers, movies, nice beds, sofas, and so many other things that not even a king had 100 years ago. Congratulations, you're living better than the kings did as recently as 100 years ago. That long ago, you would only hear about things in your local area. Most people had no clue what was going on outside their area. We are blessed with information on lots of cultures and ideas. What to check out what's going on the other side of the planet? Just log onto the internet or make a phone call if you know someone.

The state of the economy is going through a major downturn right now unfortunately. On the bright side people learn over again about the value of saving and not spending and going into debt to finance everything. When people learn this lesson over again, it sets the stage for a longer lasting recovery and a new bull market.

Mankind is also set to start traveling to Mars and other planets. Long time dreams of venturing out into space may very well happen in the coming decades. Our knowledge is expanding at an incredible pace and many new inventions and gadgets will be coming out we've never thought about that one day we'll wonder how people from so many years ago ever got along without.

It's true that we have problems which we need to face but we have overcome our problems in the past. I do believe one day mankind will be living among the stars across this galaxy and others. We may be living in peace with other aliens. Imagine one day instead of knowledge about just what is going on Earth, that we simply can think about a subject (via a neural link) and instantly have knowledge about thousands of star systems and other civilizations in this galaxy. Our problems today may seem small when you think about problems facing so many civilizations in just this galaxy. However how would you like the ability to travel to wonderous worlds and see everything for yourself? You can focus on only the negative or look for the positive and try to change negative outcomes to positive.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Let God worry about the troubles of the world and you worry about yours.

ok let's all be pacifists and let some tyrant rule us without question

no way in a trillion years

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm a pre-milleniumist. I'm going with the rapture while wormwood grows close. I stopped watching the news years ago & it did wonders for me. When all that can be reported is bad & the good is skipped, you are given an option. You can choose to get up on the right side of the bed or the wrong side. You can choose joy or not.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Hey - great thread.

I didn't really start posting on ATS until a long time after my join date.

Whenever I see threads and posts more along the lines of people "wanting" the world to end, or "wanting" the economy to crash - I call them out.

Why the HELL do some of you want this I ask? It is almost that they have failed their own life, and want everyone else to follow in their pitiful footsteps.

My words are harsh but it is my opinion so meh.

Life is great. Downers are not.

It is easy to talk about negative stories in a positive light, without bringing an aura of depression.

Some advice for you. When you see negative posts, just label the poster as a crazy idiot and ignore them.

Why? Well, 99% of the time, it doesn't matter if they are right. Some things are not in our hands (asteroids, economic issues), so I see no point in bringing everyone down in times of UNCERTAINTY.

Some see the glass as half full and some see it as half empty.

In the end, it is the same thing. Except on side is happy and one side is sad, depressed, and just plain annoying.

There are people who "get off" on the idea of Armageddon, economic depression, and many horrible things. They need to be slapped in the face.

Now, I would personally love to witness the end of the world - but would NEVER want to bring that horror upon everyone.

edit - One more thing about your "prayer" comment.

Just like in the move "The Dark Knight"...you create your own luck. While "faith" isn't the word I am looking for, confidence is. Same thing I suppose.

[edit on 30-6-2009 by FritosBBQTwist]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Thanks man, and great post as well.

It's definitely true that we all make our own luck. It's just like you said, some of us choose to see the glass half-full, while others choose to see it half-empty.

I still never understood why people on here are constantly expecting the worst to happen. I know it's not a good mindset to have, and changing that kind of mindset just doesn't happen overnight. I know from experience that changing habits requires you to regulate the the thoughts that enter your subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is very powerful and it dictates our behaviors on a daily basis more than people may realize.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Being a new comer, I can't say alot but I will say this; it seems there are a lot of posts, with the same topic over and over again. Like you said, swine flu, how many topics started on that? I don't go into all forums but the ones I do browse are all the same with multiple topics on....whatever.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but I was expecting a little more adult conversation here at ats. I am psycho enough at home without bizarre topics with " who's smarter than a fifth grade vampire"
Oh God I am sorry...I have said more than enough.

[edit on 1-7-2009 by catamaran]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

that is because its not your mind

people wish the world to end..or some biblical madness to happen

its just not how its going to work

the human race has a choice... get with the program or piss off. and by that i mean humans will create the very thing they do / dont want.

its silly i know.. but the birds are singing and humans are confused..

why? well thats the question really innit your asking why

why bother asking why when u know u dont know and in order to know means questions

do you not see some patten here?

its in your face

humans are scared of them self

sad but true

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

That is true, and it's a brilliant stroke of genious imho, that the best way to fight it, is to switch focus, ignore it and pay it no heed, while working to bring about something better even by an infinite degree, from one's own sphere of influence however great or small.

This is why I am somewhat opposed to the work of Alex Jones - just take a look at the comments section in there for stories posted at "Prison Planet" (nice name) and you'll see such a squewd worldview that it borders on the insane, because that it precisely what it is operating in relation to, and these new-gen internet kids, they take it all in like sponges and that's their reality, but there's another reality - the one you MAKE of it!

"What you resist, persists."
~ Carl Jung

[edit on 1-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing those bible verses, they touched me and brihtened my day.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus est mortuus

Aw no problem and thank you!

Knowing that I helped to make someones day better just made my day better!

<< 1    3 >>

join