It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Only Natural (Please Participate or Don't If you Are Emotionally Vulnerable)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I have posted in the past that I believe prayer to be an instinct that is built into everyone who is alive today, it is showcased in most every religion and meditation practice.

There have been threads on here about thought experiments and one of the hardest parts of the thread is settling on a subject to focus on.

I have a subject that is 100% right, in my opinion, for a mass thought focus.

I don't attend a church and times like this make me wish I did for different reasons.

Stop Reading Here If You Are Emotionally Vulnerable

Last night I got a call from my sister. She was very upset and when she told me the story I completely understand why.

There was a 16month old toddler who escaped the care of his grandmother for a few minutes. He wondered under my sisters deck, crawled to the front of the deck - up a small hill - found a small space about 6in. wide and crawled between the deck and the fence.

Once inside the fence he wondered to the edge of the pool and apparently fell or, unknowing of the danger, jumped in.

He was reported missing at 6:38p. last night and after several minutes was found by a Knoxville Sherriff's Officer.

He was taken to a local hospital where he was on a ventilator, before being transferred to the local Children's Hospital - which is one of the best in the SouthEast.

He passed away this morning.

My sister wasn't home during this and the gates were locked and the method of entrance of the baby into the pool area is assumed by the investigating officers, for different reasons I suppose.

It's only natural to want to ease the pain of this child's family. Many people have church or other community outlets to receive comfort.

I am simply asking, for those who wish to participate, to focus your your thoughts at some point today or tomorrow - anytime really - on the family from Knoxville,TN who has lost a son in a tragic and nightmarish way.

I hope you will not take offense to me asking this of you, but if prayer - on a mass scale - can be effective for grieving families this is the only real place I know where a lot of people can be informed.

I hope you will keep this family in your thoughts.

If you would like the family and the community to know you are thinking of them directly you can post a message here

Thank You

edit for mis-spelling

[edit on 25-6-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
you have compassion for people and as far as i'm concerned it won't go unchecked. after i write this , i'll take a few minutes . always hurts my ears to hear tragedies w/ children involved.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
you can count on me today...

No second line necessary; everything that needs to be said about this story is already there.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My 21 month old son passed away on May 23 this year. I truly believe I could feel the amazing power of prayer as I had hundreds of family, friends, strangers and churches praying for me and my family to ease the pain of the loss. After the initial shock (he died very suddenly and tragically) I swear I felt this overwhelming calm and comfort that I couldn't explain.

I am not religious. I don't attend church. I myself don't pray. I have been struggling with my faith for quite some time. I believe in karma and generally just being loving and helpful to others.
The caliber of people that reached out to me during this difficult time, made me rethink a lot about humanity and the possiblity that there has to be something out there watching out for us. I cannot stand the thought that I will never see my precious little boy again. But I will say that there is something to prayer that I can't explain and I KNOW I felt it.

Just wanted to share my thoughts and experience. My heart goes out to the family of this 16 month old boy. Now that I have experienced a loss like this, I can empathize.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Im not religious but my thoughts go out to the little boy and his family....

Such a tragedy just makes you re-evaluate everything you do....

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wow, I'm so sorry. That's a horrible loss man.

I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
you know not 5 minutes ago i was just talking to my g/f how we need to meditate to help out iran. we would be delighted to meditate intently on your friends too. but what do you want the intentions to be and do you by any chance have a picture? it plays an important role. and if not, a name will work okay.

best regards and i am so sorry

In Lak'ech

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Count me in....what a tragic experience. I'm sure your sister could do with some good energy sent her way too. Thank you also to Earthfairie for sharing what must still be very painful. You're all in my thoughts and prayers for healing.

Excellent idea for a thread, and I hope we can develop this further.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Randyvs:

Thank you for your post and your thoughts, I am sure this family will be affected in a positive way from your thoughts individually and the thoughts and prayers from the totality.

FullMoonFairy:

Thank you for your time and commitment. It means a lot to me and all those involved.

EarthFairie:

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot empatize with you, but I know the pain of losing a child has to run deeper than anything I know, as it is not part of the natural design and the massive amount of love and feelings involved.

I hope you are able to carry your child with you forever and ever. It is hard to accept the idea that things happen for a reason when things like this happen, but knowing there is a design - even if we don't understand it - will hopefully help you and the family involved in this tragedy.

Thank You for your thoughts and compassion, they are much needed and there is no-limit to how many we all need.

Thank You.

Booda:

Thank You for your thoughts I am sure they will be felt by the families involved and the response from the members here has definitely made me feel a bit better.

Knowing that most people are generally good and are willing to give a complete stranger a pat on the back makes a huge difference.

I surely hope the family of this young man as well as my sister, her husband, and children know there are people like all of you out there, willing to be strong when it is so hard for them to be.

MrHeadShot:

Thank You for your thoughts. It is definitely a huge loss for the families involved and the community as a whole.

Just_Another_Yourself:

Thank You for your willingness to participate.

The general idea would be just to end the family a good energy and let them know they have a lot of support and a focused thought asking to help them be strong would be good.

I don't have a picture, but the young man's name is Brody Claiborne, he is 16 months old.

CaitlinFae:

Thank You for responding and your thoughts - the more the better.

I think threads like this could be used for several different things involving thought, prayer, healing, and real, noticable change given by strangers through a natural instinct.

Thank You.

To All:

Things like this happen everyday, but it is hard to fathom the pain that is put into the world by losses such as this. I believe that each of you are sincerely helping to level the pain that is put into the world with your loving and compassionate thoughts.

I believe they will feel and know that individuals are thinking of them, even if they don't know the individuals.

edit to add response comments

[edit on 25-6-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Absolutely in on this.....and I will spread the word. Some of us were planning a thought experiment for this evening (of a different nature). We will certainly use some of our focus for a mass 'prayer'.

Heartbreaking, I cannot imagine what these people must be going through. The world just doesn't make sense sometimes

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
What a tragic turn of events

I'll give it some headsdown action tonight, during a meditation. I'll hope that this little boys family can come to peace with their loss as soon as they're ready to do so.

EarthFairie, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, I can't even begin to imagine what a loss like that feels like. Nor do I ever want to. You're also in my thoughts too.

And whilst we're on good vibes sending out for the little ones. My partners nephew had a little girl last year. Who was born with only half her brain. So if anyone wants to send good luck vibes to a little girl in Derbyshire (UK) then I'm sure they'll be gratefully recieved, even if they don't know they're coming.

[edit on 25/6/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I do not prey, well not in a while, but my thoughts are definately with the family and their loss.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

And whilst we're on good vibes sending out for the little ones. My partners nephew had a little girl last year. Who was born with only half her brain. So if anyone wants to send good luck vibes to a little girl in Derbyshire (UK) then I'm sure they'll be gratefully recieved, even if they don't know they're coming.

[edit on 25/6/2009 by Acidtastic]

Thank you for your thoughts.

I will absolutely have her in my thoughts and do everything I can to spread a feeling of confidence and pride their way.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Thank You for your thoughts and time.

I believe that prayer is built into us all and can manifest itself through an individuals intense thought. It isn't neccassarily religious or meditative, in my opinion anyway.

Thank you again.

join