It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell-tale signs U.S. gearing for another war! Iran or North Korea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This is an interesting development, which when corroborated with other articles and threads, makes for a chilling picture.

Because of its location in densely populated central New Jersey, the base agreed to demands of nearby residents to restrict its noisy air operation for the giant C-130 Hercules and massive C-5A after 11:00 PM. The agreement meant no landings or take-offs of such aircraft unless in an emergency or in time of war. McGuire honored that agreement since 1991 in advance of the first war with Iraq -- until last night. . . . . Uh Oh! . . . . .

According to residents in and around McGuire AFB, the base was humming with an alarming number of huge military cargo aircraft landing and taking off yesterday- and those activities continued about every ten minutes into the early hours of today.

Tripp Henderson, a long-time friend and trusted source of TRN lives near McGuire and reports via e-mail that the base had continuous air operations every ten minutes or so all day yesterday which continued non-stop until about 2:00 AM today.

Or how about this for a UK perspective:

I live near RAF Mildenhall & Lakenheath in the UK & I have noticed a surge in ai r traffic, especiall y at the cargo & refueling base RAF Mildenhall (which is us ually silent at night). Seems unusual as most noise comes from the F15 base Lak enheath. & we thought we heard an air raid siren being tested for a few second s, that's something I have never heard here. The sound is continuing as I type t his (03:31am UK time).

Combine that with this comment from another reader

We are 10 minutes from Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio and directly in the flight p ath where the planes come in to land. For the prior 2 days large military trans port planes were landing every 15 minutes -a dramatic increase in activity. Toda y it is almost silent. I only have seen one cross our path and that was early t his morning.

Source for this information can be found HERE

While looking through other threads, these two caught my eye.

White House cancels July 4th invitation to Iranian diplomats

Quote from source in thread

The Obama administration has rescinded invitations to Iranian diplomats to attend July 4th celebrations, the White House said on Thursday, Reuters reports.

In addition this thread was worrying too.

Iran Updates: UK Freezes $1.6bn of Iranian Funds

Quote from source in thread

10:45 AM ET -- UK-Iran relations get more toxic. "Unsourced reports are circulating, meanwhile, that British banks have frozen $1.6bn in funds belonging to Mojtaba Khamenei, son of the supreme leader," the Guardian reports. And Reuters reports that Iran is temporarily recalling its British ambassador.

My question is this - what the hell is going on? Are UK and US preparing to invade Iran, or are they preparing to help Israel do the walking for them? Or is it North Korea? Or will it be anything... Has the snowball has started rolling down the hill? We have no idea where it's going to reach, or how big it'll get.
If anyone has any further information, or lives around an airbase, please add it to this thread.

[edit on 25/6/09 by GhostR1der]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Interesting.

Watch the carriers though that's the for sure real deal sign.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow. I have no idea what this could mean. But it certainly seems like "something" is happening. Cancelled the July 4th invitation? Hmmmmmmm.....July 4th. The Japanese claim NK will shoot an intercontinental ballistic missle towards Hawaii that day.

I was sent to Ft. Stewart, Ga in 1989. While still on leave, having just secured a house for my family to live in, in Hinesville, GA, one night, a few days before signing in to my new station, long trains filled with military vehicles were traveling past my house. I asked my neighbors if this was common. And they all said, no. It was all, I found out later, prep for fighting in Panama. But it didn't come to fruition for my new division. Heh. Meanwhile, a buddy of mine from my unit in Germany I had just been released from was visiting, we were both on leave and we bought a case of Bud and sat on my patio and drank beer and pelted the trains and equipment with our empty beer bottles. It was an all night party and the trains kept a rollin".

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Wow. I have no idea what this could mean. But it certainly seems like "something" is happening. Cancelled the July 4th invitation? Hmmmmmmm.....July 4th. The Japanese claim NK will shoot an intercontinental ballistic missle towards Hawaii that day.

The 4th is looming large that is for sure.

We will see.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
WWIII
is coming..it's just a matter of when..

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
When I read the title of this thread my immediate thought was that it has something to do with recent air traffic. I say this because I live less than 3 miles away from Ft. Bragg, NC and I have noticed that the past 2 days there has been an increase in the amount of military planes that have been taking off or whatever it is they are doing. It's not so much late at night as it is in the evenings, but it's a definite increase.

I have lived here for 18 years, I can hear them fly over my house all the time, and when they do their bombings on base it shakes my house, THAT is how close to base I am.

I just thought I'd put my 2 cents in...it's weird b/c I mentioned to my bf earlier today when a plane went over our house about how much the air traffic has increased lately.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I can tell you I live in Okinawa, Kadena AB, well nothing has changed, if anything I've seen less cargo planes around and taking off. The only thing that has been going is the Jets practing all the time, which is normal, but the F-22 are here to. which is common news. So maybe they are preparing somthing, but I think if anything it has to do with Iran, mainly because of Korea, if they do anything we'll know about it and we'll prepare, but nothing is going on, here at our end. I dunno, it is suspicious, maybe somthing else is going on. Somthing that has nothing to do with Iran or Korea, maybe its somthing more sinister.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Some of you guys are like the space cadets that panicked at Orson Welles' War of the World! OMG! WWIII is coming! Squeak! N Korea haven't mobilized any forces. No unusual activity other than posturing. Iran is kind of busy at the moment deciding whether to have a revolution or not...Obama isn't pissing any foreign nations off yet...Russia aren't mobilizing for war. China are soaking up the IOUs of Western nations.

Let's not squeal like girls and get hysterical about the typical political unrest between nations. If Bush couldn't start WWIII then what does it take?

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

As most ATS members are I am sure aware, there have been many reports of plans to start a major war in the mid-east, or perhaps elsewhere.

As far as I know, every major war started on purpose, at least since World War I, has been for purposes other than those publicly stated. The main actual results of most recent wars have included:
1) Putting the losing party into extreme debt and opening the door for external political and economic control.
2) Wasting huge sums on both sides, which go to enriching military-related industries and financial interests.
3) Sucking huge additional sums out of the winning side in the form of "reconstruction loans."
4) Expanding the market for new weapons systems.
5) Providing an excuse to build military bases in the conquered territory.
6) Providing an excuse to increase "security" measures and decrease freedoms in the countries involved.

Past reports have indicated that the real target of U.S. military maneuvers is Russia, and this is only for childish, insane, reasons. It has been reported that Russia (those in power there) have similarly targeted the U.S., but I am not convinced of that.

The general consensus concerning the New World Order is that anything that will damage general economic health or demoralize large populations is good for them.

All of these insane tendencies, of course, are also being resisted, both within the various power factions and external to them. The result is the chaos of our day-to-day lives.

The U.S. has not really seen MAJOR military action since Vietnam. (Those involved in the various mid-east activities might disagree with me.) For the U.S. to get deeply involved in a war, someone would have to be provoked to attack us directly, or the American people would have to be convinced that our soil had been attacked directly by some external government. The only government on earth prepared to do that at this time, as far as I know, is Russia. And I don't think they want to.

Thus is is most likely that military activity will continue to be in the form of "contained" actions to handle "threats to security." The main result I see is that territories currently controlled by "rogue" groups like the North Koreans or the Taliban, will become available for use by the power factions for larger military or political purposes. You can almost be assured that the territories involved have some strategic importance (to their strategy) and that the "rogue" groups were installed in those territories for the purpose of providing an excuse for military attack.

I am sure the power factions have all these plans rationalized around some "higher" goal that is supposed to be beneath the ability of "common people" to understand.

From recent research in various sites that publish "insider" reports and interviews, the above is the general impression I get of the overall situation. This leaves out the whole alien question, though it is implied that the planning being done by all the power factions includes that factor.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
People love to look for indications the US is about to go to war.

Ther are probably hundreds of thread at ATS over the last 5 years showing.

They have no motivation to wage war with North Korea. Nothing to win and everything to lose. The whole world watches this death rattle from Kim, alternately humouring and threatening him. Everyone waits the final collapse. Even the Chinese are withdrawing the little support given to him, 90% of the fuel in NK, 50% of the food, luxury goods for his cronies.

A sad pathetic place where 20 Million suffer because of an adolescent leader.

Iran is not a target, only a place where the West wants compliance on things lie an oil pipeline connecting new oil sources like Kazakhstan. There is competition with the Russians. Iran has learned from NK that when you push the nuclear weapon button, the world stands at attention.

Iran doesn't want a war, but tries to sound ready for one any minute. The US postures similarly. Iran's terrain makes it almost impossible to invaded effectively.

The US going into Iraq and Afghanistan has shown that conventional warfare doesn't work in the Middle East. So economic warfare, sabre rattling, posturing.

The US releases information knowing the Iranians and others will believe it. Conspiracists put further spins on it.

Conflict in the region are about access to future oil sources and competition with the Russians for influence and control. The US doesn't want to fight an all out war, defeat and conquer anyone now. Too tired, too expensive, little reward. Russia has an aging even more fatigued military not capable of doing much, certainly not going head on with the US. Even if China joined in, the US has so many for air carriers, equipment, etc.

So no wars during this global meltdown period, but no shortage of threats.

Mike

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Training flights happen all the time. Usually, MacGuire AFB sends planes to Europe, etc. Most Asian country flights travel the other way. My question is, If we invade Noth Korea or any other country, where are we going to get the people. We do not have the numbers in uniform any longer. If a draft came back, it would take a year to have the amount of troops needed. Needless to say, 4 divisions would not be enough. Korea is not the best place to fight.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It's true that training flights take place all the time....here in Scotland. we're well used to jets just about stripping the tiles off the roof. I have noticed some really unusual stuff in the last 2 weeks though...like Chinooks and other military helicopters flying really low in areas we've never seen them. It just struck me as strange.

Like you say...it probably isn't anything that unusual. Just enough to make me notice it.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Here we go again. We're not going to war. hahah
There is no benefits in a war with Iran or N Korea. If we wanted war, it would have happen long ago.

Who would want to take over a useless country.

new topics

top topics

join