It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert Report is a Bilderberg "Plug" Show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's so easy to see now.
I may have bought into it in my earlier days.

Go on Hulu and watch the past few Colbert Reports while he's in Iraq.
I've only watched 2 so far and thats already enough to see it.
I'll be commenting on these two:
Colbert Report 2
Colbert Report 1

Bilderberg (a Name you should look up if your not familiar with) is said to be behind everything. This group has an incredible member list with leaders from all around the world.
It's obvious they targeted Pop culture a long time ago, and now it seems, The Colbert Report has joined the ranks.

In the first video McCain and Obama appeared on video live feeds to join the show.
This is the President of the United States... on a Comedy Show, while we're at war and in an economic crisis. I don't care if you think its harmless, I would like to think they have better things to do.
This is the same as the elections when they all appeared on Saturday Night Live. It was silly then but obviously we knew it was simply a strategy to get votes. Now whats the reason?
But I digress...
There was some Army General as Colbert's guest and they talked about how much good the Us is doing in iraq, yadayadayada, still a lot more to get done, yadayada.
Now at first I thought, ok, he's just saying this stuff because he's been told to. It's obvious that he doesn't want to get fired for saying something stupid on TV. But then Obama came on and from that point on it was obvious the entire thing was just a plug campaign.

2nd Video.
They have the new president dude of Iraq as a guest on the show... This guy has put aside a big chunk of his time time... to the Colbert Report... while his country is in the midst of a war/revolution... Obviously he was told to do it.
Here's where it gets even more obvious... He keeps saying the same thing; "The US have saved us," "travelers from afar," etc etc... Come on!

What are these political public figures doing on the Colbert Report???
The president of the US and Iraq?
The world is falling apart and this is how the chose to spend their time, shaving Colbert's hair off in some publicity stunt.
Well, I'm glad their having a good time, at least its obvious to see if you know what to look out for...

I feel sorry for all the kids growing up with all this junk info being plugged at them over and over. I bet they eat up every word.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Even Musharraf went there. That war criminal. And Kissinger. And John Bolton... And Richard Hass... All those people who should be in jail. But no, presented as good folks on the DailyShow/Colbert Report.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Isn't the Colbert report a comedy show? How do you connect the two?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Check war history, and the USO.

Roosevelt's fireside chats comes to mind.
It's a morale booster, something that's common in wars. To promote the troops (especially in wars like this one) to keep fighting.
America is becoming more and more media driven, the president taking, what, about 20 minutes out of his day on a hugely popular program, isn't all that surprising.
Especially not the message that was delivered by each of the people they had for the clips, to the troops.
It's also intended as a morale booster here at home, to show people that despite all that the main stream is presenting, which is mostly death and hate, is only part of the story.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scooby Doo
Isn't the Colbert report a comedy show? How do you connect the two?

Yeah it is, and these leaders have no business being there.
Just the fact that they are setting aside this time and repeating the same message over again is so that people who watch this believe wit, when, in fact, the truth is probably the opposite.

The winners write history, doesn't mean its true.
Now they are writing as though the Iraq situation was a good thing, when we all know it isnt.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

it took a lot more than 20 minutes for the Iraqi politician in the 2nd video.
He's what sealed the deal, just listen to what he says. All he does is sing praises about the US... the majority of Iraqi's are against us being there.
Listen to the people, not these politicians.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Exactly. Colbert had the ideal chance to get those guys, who normally would not give him the time of day outside of election time to do an act. Because no other show was prepared to go to Iraq and Colbert was. So he may or may not be involved in Bilderberg but this week in Iraq did not prove anything.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Colbert doesn't seem the sort to align himself with silly NWO or Bildersbum groups.

It's a comedy show. And like John Stewart, he doesn't assume to change anyone's political ideology -- simply to point out the comedic (sp?) nature of teh entire political system.

And having Obama on there was actually very good, I think. It wasn't about neglecting his duties -- it took a few minutes out of his time to show he can have a laugh and make a joke along with the rest and giving support to the troops that are fighting the war.

I think you're really reaching with this assumption of a plug for the supposed NWO. Just my opinion, of course.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Yeah... obviously he'll go onstage, in front of hundreds of US troops, that helped put him in his place of power, and condemn America.
How often does out president make public appearances? Speeches, signings, meetings, ect. Part of being a public figure is, well, being public.

Troops have reported a fairly mixed welcome by the Iraqis, and the only stories you hear from the media these days is how badly we are doing.
That is not exactly true, but it is what is painting the average persons views of the middle east.

Keep in mind, part of the reason why Vietnam was such a colossal failure was due to the media's reporting of it. It demoralized the folks at home, and demoralized the troops.

The media capitalizes on terror, shock, and awe, the rest of the stuff doesn't make good news.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh come on people!... Colbert's a fully-paid up member of the AISB, the Ancient Illuminated Seers of Bavaria... the (dunnt dunnn dunnn) ILLUMINATI!

Prooooof!

On a serious note, this thread is disappointing for two reasons: a) as I live in the UK I can't access the Colbert videos; and b) it's sad that he seems to have rolled over to be used as a propaganda mouthpiece.

Edit to add:

I was going to say, "let's not forget that this is the guy who gave that White House Press Dinner speech"... but then I thought, ok, so he must be just a loyalost dem, then, I suppose, doing for Obama what he'd never have done for Bush. Pity.

Feet of clay, yadda yadda.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by rich23]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
You gotta be kidding me. Stewart/Colbert are entertainment. Neither pretend to be news, and they both entertain by lampooning politics in general and politicians in particular.

Colbert has tapped into a truly unique schtick, in that he pretends to be a hardline Republican and "identifies" with those stereotypes. Wasn't it just last month where the story came out making fun of Republicans, claiming that they actually believe his views?

I saw the Iraq series that Colbert did. I think he did a good thing, for the troops, for the people who want to paint ever action over there with a dastardly brush. Most of all, he made people laugh, and I think we can all use more of that.

Bilderberg shill? c'mon. Please tell me you don't really believe that.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rich23

........ and most excellent prooof that was
kudos to you Rich.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
OP your post is ridiculous. If you break it down you can see your points are invalid.

1. About mcain and obama appearing on "live video feeds"?. only a moron would believe they were live, they were pretaped. That aside i wonder why the CIC and a PoW would have a minute to talk to troops... As well did you listen to what those individuals said? nothing literally they said "shave his head" and "Good Job". About the Army officials appearing on the show ... Um "Lets tell our employees that the job is over so they can relax while on duty" yeah of course the are going to say that, they said the job isnt done becuase its not ... Iraq and Afghanistan are a fekkin quagmire ... even in cities guerrillas reign.

2. Omg while they are in Iraq the vice prime minister has enough time to do an hour show about how hes GRATEFUL FOR AMERICA HELPING THEM. These guys were the people who where being oppressed by saddam obviously they will voice support to those who killed him.

Conclusion ... Your too easy to be fooled... its entertainment ... FOR SOLDIERS ON DUTY. These men and women who take b.s. orders and fulfill them to a T and asked for nothing but what was promised them and what they felt was right. Shame on u OP

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Yes yes, shame on me for having an opinion.
I still support what I said.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
Yes yes, shame on me for having an opinion.
I still support what I said.

I think you may be looking at this the wrong way.

Colbert, treated this as a classic USO tour. If you watched the four shows he did, he was trying to entertain the troops, the home audience was second in his mind.

Who is he going to interview in Iraq? Remember he had to fill the guest seat for four episodes in Baghdad. So interviewing political officials in Iraq and military officials should not be surprising.

Some have mentioned that Colbert is a Democrat. I would be surprised, he comes off more Libertarian to me.

During his four shows he made several jabbing jokes at the war in Iraq, while not offending the troops, I thought it was impressive.

Yes, he did have a lot of political firepower on the taped segments - Obama, Bush I and II, Clinton, etc. I am sure his production crew sold it as, "its for the troops!" which would put any politician in a tight spot. They couldn't afford not to do a spot on the show.

Who would have thought a comedy show from a cable network would be broadcasting from downtown Baghdad in one of Sadaam's cherished palaces! What a crazy world we live in.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
...ya' know, back in the day, the court fool was the only one able to get away with publicly mocking the nobility...

new topics

top topics

join