It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian scientists may have worked out the mystery of teleportation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Australian scientists may have worked out the mystery of teleportation

www.news.com.au

AUSTRALIAN scientists have developed a new method for transmitting data with light that may lead to super-fast quantum computers and teleportation technology.

The research team from the Australian National University developed a new approach to generating quantum entanglement in beams of light using only two parts.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Oh yes...We are getting closer!

Good to see some good news for a change from Australia.Now,all we need now is that elusive warp bubble.

But seriously,this is a major step forward in quantum entanglement, and our cool boffins here in aussiestan are helping to lead the way to a (i was going to say better future,but ill reserve judgment on that one),more INTERESTING future !

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nice find !!!

Looking forward to reading the full report , thanks for posting .

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i have the agree with the above post, this is a great find.

i to cant wait to see the developments that come from this,

imagine the day when you dont have bandwidth, everything will just be instant.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Yeah, great find.

But haven't we already been sending data by way of light to begin with, using fiber optic cabling?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Scooby Doo

This is different because instantaneous communications over any distance (even across the universe) and through any obstacle is theoretically possible. Also it would be very difficult to eavesdrop on a signal (which is why the military is dumping money into research for this).

Rubicun III, Here I come!!!

[edit on 21-6-2009 by dainoyfb]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
interesting to note that today it was announced that the laser/aloy conveyer thingy to mars has been scrapped.

dont need it now. teleportation is much quicker...?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
As Rick Moranis said of old - the future is now!

I wanna see a shrink ray too

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
This sounds really cool. I may actually watch the news tonight to see if there is a story on it. Something that makes me think tho: What's the chances that this has already been discovered, i mean we didn't find out about those um, black planes, you know the undectable ones (can't think of the name) for ten years. Just a thought.

Cherry

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I read in the ringing cedars on how to teleport your own body similar to astral travel symptoms. But it can be dangerous. You lie down and imagine the blood of your body flowing to one side of your body. Then You have to imagine all your living cells, every particle of your whole body, imagine how it will all look every part of it. Then imagine how to get to a place anywhere in the world its exact details. It can take you there. But the exercise has to be learnt and it can take over a year.
It is actually based on the energy part. You have to remember every minute detail of yourself and the place you want to go.
I did not describe what the ringing cedars book said it exactly so do not attempt to do it on your own.

Much technology manifested today and for future is actually all the gifts humans have within them already. As explained in the book. The book also teaches how to do some of them.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Someone correct me if I am wrong here; but isn't teleportation the disassembly, movement to another location, and reassembly of an organic or inorganic object?
Now if it is software driven by an computerized method I can see some very funny objects and people coming out of this. I would personaly be wary of teleportation of this method as computers have glitches all the time as well as the opurtunity for someone to purposely or accidentaly insert data that will be reassembled with you. Before someone says filters; filtes can and are thwarted all the time. As far as mental teleportation; I have a tendancy to be forgetful so will not try that at all, might not turn out to good

As far as data transfer by light creating faster communication like fiber optic has provided: Bravo, I hope they can find a way to offer this sooner than later.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is great, I think the most important part of this to look at is not Star Trek like Teleporters but the applications of this technology in personal computers. I still remember using the Apple IIe, the lack of an operating system, that loud clicking noise it made, back then I used to dream of using a computer like I do now.

There was a fear that our current technology was reaching its limitations in terms of processing speeds but I think we're well on our way to developing the next phase of computing systems.

Just when you thought the singularity was slowing down, the next ten years are going to be extremely interesting.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Applesandoranges

Yes, I read the book entitled Anastasia.

Life is in fact Paradise. Ironically, we have distanced ourselves from Nature over the generations.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is awesome...

Everyday fiction becomes reality. Nothing is beyond our ability if we focus our talents. The race is on before we pollute ourselves to death or blow up the planet.

[edit on 22-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Applesandoranges
You lie down and imagine the blood of your body flowing to one side of your body. Then You have to imagine all your living cells, every particle of your whole body, imagine how it will all look every part of it. Then imagine how to get to a place anywhere in the world its exact details. It can take you there. But the exercise has to be learnt and it can take over a year.
It is actually based on the energy part. You have to remember every minute detail of yourself and the place you want to go.
I did not describe what the ringing cedars book said it exactly so do not attempt to do it on your own.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Applesandoranges]

Very intresting i have never heard of this, i will do some research and hopefully find a guide to post here without having to read the entire book

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Excellent article, so I guess their trying to say.....in 50 years....their pretty sure teleportation and super computers capable of unworldly things will be normal. Sweeet

WolfmanJ

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
As Rick Moranis said of old - the future is now!

I wanna see a shrink ray too

It could turn out to be very cool, say some mad scientist uploads his mind to a computer, then he can beam around in this quantum network regardless amount of data. The problem is setting up the computers in different parts of the universe but it could be a reality here on earth within 10-15 years.

Universal mind uploading, or universal uploading for short, is the concept, by no means original to me, that the technology of mind uploading will eventually become universally adopted by all who can afford it, similar to the adoption of modern agriculture, hygiene, or living in houses.

Blog post

Mind uploading or whole brain emulation refers to the hypothetical process of scanning and mapping a biological brain in detail and copying its state into a computer system or another computational device, for example an artificial neural network in hardware.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfmanJ
Excellent article, so I guess their trying to say.....in 50 years....their pretty sure teleportation and super computers capable of unworldly things will be normal. Sweeet

WolfmanJ

IMO... i believe that with the rapid advancement of information and... there is going to be a major breakthough on a worldly level, within the next few years.... something that will cause a giant shift..

Because wouldn't teleportation break some sort of time-barrier?

This is just my personal opinion though...

Oh, and excellent choice with the name man

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I recently heard that Russian scientists were working on this. Sounds pretty crazy.

posted on Jun, 22 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherryDuck
This sounds really cool. I may actually watch the news tonight to see if there is a story on it. Something that makes me think tho: What's the chances that this has already been discovered, i mean we didn't find out about those um, black planes, you know the undectable ones (can't think of the name) for ten years. Just a thought.

Cherry

of course they were. but only because they were created by the military. Its a stealth plane, if any one knew id be kinda moot. and a stealth plane is only good for military things. so no reason for anyone else to learn about it.

but this has essentially exponential chance for expanding, and hence making money. so I'm comfortable saying at least within the patent holders, this is going to be on the market the second they have the chance. they are going to tell you every single improvement and discovery they make. sometimes money can work for good.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join