It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making money from 911 and trust.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A lot of attempts at debunking lately have been centered on the (quite faulty) logic that:
"He/She is obviously making money from911 and therefore cannot be trusted professionally as their opinion is biased."

I WANT people to follow thiss train of thought. The thing is, I want them to follow it ON BOTH SIDES. NIST took LOTS of money from a 911 investigation. The 911 commission report took LOTS of money. Hundreds of thousands of man hours. If you follow the "they took money and therefore cannot be trusted" logic then please discredit them also.

And then go on the internet and find all the videos and dvd's you can that are free and check them out. Using the logic that "If they are making money off of it they must be biased" see what you can find.

I found one instantly:

"I am a physician from Arkansas and I am the founder of the 9/11 DVD Project. You can come to my website at www.911dvdproject.com.

We need a criminal investigation into the events and the crimes of 9/11. The mass murder of our fellow citizens has not been investigated as a crime. And it is my job and yours to demand that a criminal investigation be done.

I can provide you with many different titles of 9/11-related DVD's for free or at my cost. You don't have to pay me in advance and you don't have to pay me at all.

www.ae911truth.org...
www.pilotsfor911truth.org...
www.911truth.org...

3 non profit organizations either giving away the dvd's or at cost (as it is a .org). Regulated by the government you trust.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Excellently put, and a very good point. Although it is possible to buy all the dvds it's usually only so that the viewer can watch it in high quality, and share the dvd with others who cannot use the internet, or feel unsafe doing so.

You are right, what's a valid argument against truthers should work against believers in the OS.

S+F mate.

[edit on 20-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
I WANT people to follow thiss train of thought. The thing is, I want them to follow it ON BOTH SIDES. NIST took LOTS of money from a 911 investigation. The 911 commission report took LOTS of money. Hundreds of thousands of man hours. If you follow the "they took money and therefore cannot be trusted" logic then please discredit them also.

Bad analogy. First off, most (if not all) of the gov't information is free for the asking specifically becuase it was paid for with public money. For instance, here's a free copy of the 9/11 commission report-

What the conspiracy people don't want you to know

...and here's a link to MIT materials engineer Thomas Eagar's report explaining how the towers had collapsed.

an explanation that doesn't require 100,000 secret agents

On the other hand, characters like David Ray Griffin are telling you that everything you know is false, and the only way you can know the truth is to give him your money I.E. buy his books. Imagine Paul Revere riding around during the revolution, and instead of screaming "The redcoats are coming" he yells "something dreadfull is coming, and I'll tell you what it is for $19.95". If anyone doubts me that he's out for the money, try to publish the text of Griffin's book on your web site, and see what his copyright lawyers will do to you.

Then there's the opposite end of the spectrum- characters like Loose Change, who push out such a blinding blizzard of conspiracies-within conspiracies under the idea of "well, one of them at least should be right." They put out THREE versions of their mockumentary, and despite their all but admitting versions one and two are incorrect, they're still selling them on their website. *This* is supposed to be "honest research into the truth behind the 9/11 attack"?!?

Then, there's the dead giveaway- the merchendising. I haven't seen a single conspiracy website that didn't have its own shopping mall of "investigate 9/11" merchendise I.E. T-shirts, baseball caps, decals, books, DVS, and so on, Some are so blatant, they simply ask for donations straight up. I've even seen somneone sell "investigate 9/11" shirts for your dog!

Can even ONE person here explain how buying a, "investigate 9/11" shirt for your dog will do anything but enrich the people selling this junk? Please, enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Cites the same case as the first NIST report which was revised, bravo.

If you want to be enlightened as to how a non profit organization works wiki it.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hailing from the Northern Nanny State (Canada), I'm used to encountering people who think that everything should be handed to them free of charge and that people who are out there in private enterprise occupy a gray zone between "stand up gangsters" and the rest of us "wards of the state".

I'm always shocked though, when, in these forums, I run into charter members of a group that could be called "Americans Against Making Money". I was going to go into an explanation of why money is necessary to the 9/11 truth movement and how money is made in literally every area of human endeavour, but I don't think it would make any difference.

I eagerly await the arrival of the first self made 9/11 (truth) millionaire and just hope that when he's "got it" he "flaunts it". What quicker way to get people's attention and spread the truth?

[edit on 20-6-2009 by ipsedixit]

new topics

top topics

join