It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter - Will we finally see the Moon Base?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Is that a photo of the Moon?? Or of Mars?

I'll have to search through your voluminous threads...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Is that a photo of the Moon?? Or of Mars?
I'll have to search through your voluminous threads...

I'll save you the torture!
It's on Mars!
The link's dispalyed in all its glory! Wonder how you missed it?

Cheers!

[edit on 20-6-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Will we finaly see the moon base ??? Well, no we wont , because its probably the impact point for the second of the experiments launched on thursday !

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
here's the launch

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
Perhaps the moon is shifting poles and the dark side might soon be exposed as the universe nears alignment in 2012...

dark side? Ummmm oh heck never mind... but what is this about the universe nearing alignment? This one is new

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overload
Somebody said until we get somebody up there that is privatized, (no guarantees even then) would be our best shot at any "real" photo's. I agree.

My money is on Robert Bigelow. He already has two Genesis modules up there for his inflatable hotel in space, he has contracted with Russia and a US defense contractor to use a spaceport in Russia, where they launched his modules from.

He has no love for NASA because they said NO to launching his modules. His term for NASA - No Access to Space for Americans

You can track his two Genesis station modules here. Its a live feed and updates every 60 seconds and also shows Hubble and ISS

www.thelivingmoon.com...

BIGELOW AEROSPACE
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Las Vegas • Houston • Washington, D.C
www.bigelowaerospace.com...

Bigelow Aerospace and ATK A major defence contractor that also built Phoenix Mars lander have contracted with the ISC Kosmotras Space and Missile Complex, Russian Federation, Province of Orenburg, Yasny which used to be a Russian ICBM site

Information cokkected here

ATK's home page
www.atk.com...

Now how sad is it that an American entrepreneur has to go to Russia to have his projects launched into space? Fortunately for us Robert has the means and the will to make it happen

OH BTW Bigelow was also involved with the MISTY stealth satellite launched from a secret DoD shuttle Mission STS36

cndyorks.gn.apc.org...

So yeah... he is my best bet... and to top it off, he is just around the corner for me... literally

[edit on 20-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
YEAH where are those hi res photos! not looking good and from our little U2U zorgon i can now see a much clearer picture!

heck i'm even re thinking my whole UFO philosophy! its a very deep deep rabbit hole innit. no wonder ya seem to be concentrating your search in a more reliable direction regarding the UFO field great thread as usual. i cannot contribute much more only learn which is good.stealthy~

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
When they slam the stuff into the moon.
It will be your answer to disclosure.
If Aliens don't come and retaliate then obviously no one is on the moon.
Which there never was anyway.
This is how they mind mess you.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
All these crashes into the moon.
They must have monkeys instead of flight computers.
They are supposed to go around the moon.
Go around the moon. Let all say it, go around the moon.
What did the failure reports say.

The mass of the moon might be an unknown here.
How many orbits are possible, there must be an infinite amount
of proper trajectories.

Not sure we orbited Mars, we might have just crashed in.
This is way short of the easy exploration of the Buck Rogers era.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

...Bigelow Aerospace and ATK A major defence contractor that also built Phoenix Mars lander have contracted with the ISC Kosmotras Space and Missile Complex, Russian Federation, Province of Orenburg, Yasny which used to be a Russian ICBM site...

Now, that is cool beans, z!!

Even better:

Now how sad is it that an American entrepreneur has to go to Russia to have his projects launched into space? Fortunately for us Robert has the means and the will to make it happen...

Makes Branson...pardon, "Sir" Richard...look like a bit of a piker, don't it?

That's really good info! And, they're also right around my corner, too.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Colonizing The Moon

Bush says "Robotic Missions"

How to extract water from Lunar regolith

100 BILLION DOLLARS???

And they say they will save money using the old Apollo technology...

Yet we have already seen that

NASA Forgot How To Go To The Moon!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-6-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
UPDATE

En Route to Moon!

June 19, 2009 - LRO and LCROSS are bound for the moon after a flawless liftoff from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida aboard an Atlas V rocket. LRO successfully separated from LCROSS and the Centaur upper stage.

Liftoff occurred on June 18 at 5:32 p.m. EDT. Mission managers used the last launch opportunity due to storms surrounding the launch site. LRO will reach the moon on Tuesday at 5:43 a.m.

LRO and LCROSS will use vastly different methods to study the lunar environment. LRO will go into orbit around the moon, turning its suite of instruments towards the moon for thorough studies. The spacecraft also will be looking for potential landing sites for astronauts.

LCROSS, on the other hand, will guide an empty upper stage on a collision course with a permanently shaded crater in an effort to kick up evidence of water at the moon's poles. LCROSS itself will also impact the lunar surface during its course of study.

lro.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

The crashes have been not only on purpose but part of the missions since the beginning, they were not accidental or the result of an error.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

True even the Lunar Orbiter craft were slammed into the moon on purpose, so they wouldn't clutter up Lunar orbit

Heck all those anomalies we keep finding... maybe only NASA, ESA, Russian, Chinese, Japanese and who knows who else space junque It would take some time to find out where all that stuff splattered all over the once pristine landscape

Scientists? Pffttt Cosmic Litterbugs I say

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Just so we don't drag the BOMBING mission into this thread

No explosives mentioned

Jonas Dino
Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif.

PRESS RELEASE: 09-143

The 1,290-pound LCROSS and 5,216-pound Centaur upper stage will
perform a swing-by maneuver of the moon around 6 a.m. on June 23 to
calibrate the satellite's science instruments and enter a long,
looping polar orbit around Earth and the moon. Each orbit will be
roughly perpendicular to the moon's orbit around Earth and take about
37 days to complete. Before impact, the spacecraft and Centaur will
make approximately three orbits.

On the final approach, about 54,000 miles above the surface, LCROSS
and the Centaur will separate. LCROSS will spin 180 degrees to turn
its science payload toward the moon and fire thrusters to slow down.
The spacecraft will observe the flash from the Centaur's impact and
fly through the debris plume. Data will be collected and streamed to
LCROSS mission operations for analysis. Four minutes later, LCROSS
also will impact, creating a second debris plume.

TWO crashes not one

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think it's a million to one chance there are any sort of bases or anything similar on the moon.

Nevertheless I find it a very interesting subject & I keep looking into it because there are those very few images that make me scratch my head a little.

On that million to one chance there is anything there, as time passes the software to edit out such things will probably get better & better & it will become increasingly easy to hide things.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

In your wisdom can you explain why since China, Japan, and India have sent cameras to the moon (since last year) - we have seen very little from these guys?

Check 1966 - 1967 Lunar Orbiter photos, how crisp and clear, and detailed these are (and how many photos there are) - and we are talking 1966 technology....

Now in 2009 - what do we get ? Shoddy, minimal almost blurry video?

So riddle me that batman!

wZn

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

It's all of those points you raise that make it such an interesting topic.

Regarding not seeing anything from the countries that were photographing things last year, I think others have made the point that it's a large & time consuming job to get all the data sorted & on-line for the public.

Of course, if they are also looking for pictures that will require editing &/or removal before the files are made available, that could also contribute to delays.

I'm sure I have seen very clear pictures taken during recent years that are every bit as good as the earlier pictures to which you refer.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Agree to disagree about the photos.

Hey they can send the photos to me if they have trouble funding analysts to scour over their HI-RES photos (that we haven't seen). I'll do it for free of course, just to help my fellow man.

You must think it a bit odd no photos of a flag on the nearside - or any of the past Apollo equipment has been seen? Does this not skewer NASA into the realm of just being a tad deceptive?

I think so.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by drsmooth23
Perhaps the moon is shifting poles and the dark side might soon be exposed as the universe nears alignment in 2012...

dark side? Ummmm oh heck never mind... but what is this about the universe nearing alignment? This one is new

haha yeah ask the Mayans about that. oh wait, we cant because SOMEONE wanted all their gold...

Essentially, from a summer solstice view; from stone henge or such, the sun MAY appear to be inbetween earth and the "center" of the milky way.

Because of the physical properties of Resonance, and such, we have yet another "threat" to add to the seemingly endless list,

LINK

[edit on 21-6-2009 by drsmooth23]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join