It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me? Is this a ufo im watching now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Actually, that "star" could be the ISS (International Space Station). The ISS is usually around the moon (usually to the bottom right) every night.

I'm not real sure what the other object moving up and down could be though.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamerman
Thanks for watching it and trying to help
. The object that was traveling towards and backwards the bright "star" disappeared about when I taped that with the phone. I wonder if it was a ufo or if it was just something else. The thing that caught me was the way it moved towards that bright "star".

I am a terribly coordinator when it comes to east west north etc. So I have no idea, the first thing I thought was that it was west from the moon?

Yes it would be 90-100 degrees to the right from the moon I believe. As you say, roughly measured.

Again thanks for helping

[edit on 18-6-2009 by gamerman]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by gamerman]

well, there aren't very many objects that move through the sky very slowly, but quickly enough for a human eye to notice movement. satellites pass from horizon to horizon pretty quickly, planes anyone can identify, meteorites move very quickly. any ideas on what this might have been?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
So that means it would be near Jupiter I saw the object traveling back and forwards for some minutes? (it looked pretty close to Jupiter if that is Jupiter)

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mookie89

I thought at first it might be that, but since what I am seeing is so far away from the moon it could not be that. Or at least I think. The object near the bright light was on the right side of it, then it suddenly moved left towards the bright light(it looked to be about 1 cm away from the light, it took about 10 seconds to come very close.) After that it moved back about to the same spot before it lost a bit of altitude. After about a mine it moved up again and towards the light again. It seemed to move up and down for several minutes. The object is gone now and I cannot see the "light" very good anymore. I think the object was visible for about 15 minutes.

I am sorry for my lack of spelling this late morning.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Venus and Mars are near the moon right now (saw it on PBS with the annoying stargazing guy earlier this week).

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If you watch the video you can perhaps know what star/planet it is? I believe the object I was seeing, was near Jupiter then after what some says here.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Weird thing is, i just saw 3 triangular objects which did what u describe. About ten minutes ago above south east london. They got really close together then moved really far apart within a few minutes. While they were doing this i saw a massive flash across the horizon, a shooting star i thought then it happened again and the object was about a centimeter in length on the horizon so.. i donno.

There were also 2 other lights in the sky lighting up, pulsating every 2 seconds. They were brighter and larger than any star in the sky but yet it almost felt like they were trying to be descrete. A chopper circled the area for a few minutes which kinda had a strange feel to it. The lights dimmed a lot when the choppa approached but that would probably be because the choppa was unusually low and quite bright.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gamerman

If you do not know what it is.... then its always a ufo

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sloppy

Thank you fellow ATS'er for replying to this thread with what you saw. I don't know if you saw the same thing I saw just much closer, I have never seen a ufo before and actually stunned by this even though it was so far away from me. Pretty weird yes. And about that shooting star thing you describe :O

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
reply to post by gamerman

If you do not know what it is.... then its always a ufo

problem with that is "ufo" has taken on a meaning quite a bit different from "unidentified flying object" these days. i have seen people use terms like "uo" to identify something as being unidentified without triggering that reference.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

Nice way to explain it
. I don't know if it was flying, it semed so the way it was moving. It is either a ufo, or a uo as you said. Thanks for all of you trying to help. If anyone else noticed anything this night, please share. I need to sleep now.

Good night folks

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I had never seen a ufo until tonight also. Last night i was stargazing and i was almost wishing something would happen and nothing did. Went outside to look at the stars while smoking a cig and then 3 lights popped out of nowhere and caught my eye. If you were looking at it at an angle i guess it might look more similar to what your describing. Did you see a shooting star ufo type thing also?

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sloppy

Amazing

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join