It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone help me? Is this a ufo im watching now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I need some help.

Currently I am watching something very bright to the right of the moon. This object looks like a very very bright star. But the thing is, there is a very small object coming closer to this "bright star" then swifts back for about some minutes, and then slowly goes back to the "bright star" again. I have no idea what I am watching here in my binoculars. Is there some pc software that can point out stars etc so I can get a clue what I am watching? Currently in Norway, the time is 02:17 am.

Please help

Edit:

The location of the bright light where I saw the object. Warning, this video its only purpose is to help me identify what bright light I am looking at so I can know what star the object was near.

rapidshare.com...

[edit on 18-6-2009 by gamerman]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gamerman

do you have a camera or video camera?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yes I do, the people are sleeping in the next room. But I can try to get it now and videotape something, the thing is that the "bright star" I actually believe is a star, and is possible very easy to see on the video camera. But the thing going back and forwards to this "star" is pretty tiny in compartment. I hope it shows up in the video. I'll post something here if it turns out to be good video
Anyone know of a software to the pc I can use to check the alignment of all stars?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

i know redshift works, but thats an ancient program. doesnt google have google sky?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I tried to videotape this object but the "bright star" is the only thing visible. The other object is to tiny... Anyone else from Norway that see's this? I cannot find any software understandable. The object and bright star is way east of the moon. Please fellow ATS, check out the sky and see if you see anything abnormal east of the moon.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

www.google.com...
on the bottom left, click "solar system" then "moon"

[edit on 18-6-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I can see the moon in the program, but the shadow is on the opposite side when I watch it with my eyes. So I should look opposite of that then? The star is to the right of the moon, so in this program it should be left, right?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
jupiters around there right now. the bright star could be that, But i dont know about the other thing your talking about

[edit on 18-6-2009 by superdebz]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamerman
I can see the moon in the program, but the shadow is on the opposite side when I watch it with my eyes. So I should look opposite of that then? The star is to the right of the moon, so in this program it should be left, right?

hmm, let me see if i can figure out how to change the location google earth looks at the sky from, if that is even possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Could be a possibility, but what is that thing that looks like it comes near it and then shifts away again? I cannot measure the distance in this program very easily. I could post a screen shot with red ring around where I believe it is. But again the measurement of distance might be totally wrong.

Thanks for helping

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
ok, you'll have to download google earth:
earth.google.com...
then find your exact location on it, zoom in to make sure it is centered, then click on the "sky" button to switch to view the sky from your location.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I have no idea how quickly these things travel, but we just launched a rocket up there earlier today, could that be a possibility of what it is?

typo edit

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heatburger
I have no idea how quickly these things travel, but we just launched a rocket up there earlier today, could that be a possibility of what it is?

typo edit

[edit on 18-6-2009 by Heatburger]

having seen plenty of satellites with the naked eye and several rocket launches myself, i can promise you it would move from one horizon to the other in less than a minute.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

That's true if it's in orbit, but what if it's already out of orbit and honing in on the moon? Like I said, It launched around 5:20, and I don't know how long it takes to get up there.

Anyway I was just throwing that out there for some hopeful explaination.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
here is the moon from oslo right now:

img30.imageshack.us...

i assume google earth uses a "stock" image of the moon instead of real-time directional shading, but all you need to do is orient the visible stars. HD12594 is probably the bright star you are seeing.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I recorded it with my mobile phone, just so you can see where the bright star is located from the moon. I filmed the moon first and then the star. Very bad quality I'm sorry for that, its just so you can see where I mean.

rapidshare.com...

Rapidshare was the only thing that did not require registration

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Please don't use google sky/earth for any reference ,it S*CKS!!!

Instead use stellarium

It can give you an exact view from your location.....

Good luck

Peace

Ps: it's not realtime but neither is Google Sky.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by operation mindcrime]

[edit on 18/6/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

hmm, that's pretty far from the moon. identifying the star will be pretty tricky. considering the fact you're getting your late-night sunlight, its is in all probability one of the nearer planets or an extremely bright star like sirius, so that does narrow it down.

ok, so *REALLY* rough estimate it is 90 degrees to your right from the moon. is that north / south / east / west?

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Thanks for watching it and trying to help
. The object that was traveling towards and backwards the bright "star" disappeared about when I taped that with the phone. I wonder if it was a ufo or if it was just something else. The thing that caught me was the way it moved towards that bright "star".

I am a terribly coordinator when it comes to east west north etc. So I have no idea, the first thing I thought was that it was west from the moon?

Yes it would be 90-100 degrees to the right from the moon I believe. As you say, roughly measured.

Again thanks for helping

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
As someone mentioned before do not use google sky. Download Stellarium. As of lately Jupiter has been really bright around 2am or so next to the moon. That's probly what you are looking at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join