It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ardent Centry Norad Excercise starts today. Effects Digital Broadcast Signals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
In case you haven't read about this yet I will post a small bit of info and the link. But I also have new info.

www.northcom.mil...

North American Aerospace Defense Command and U.S. Northern Command are planning to conduct a combined exercise June 18 - 24 that will incorporate several military exercises with a National Guard exercise. These linked exercises are referred to as ARDENT SENTRY 09. Events will take place in multiple venues across the country including Iowa, Kansas, Oregon, Wyoming, and off the East and West Coasts

I work for the cable company in SW Washington and we have been notified that they are flying a surveillance plane over the area for these exercises and they are testing their equipment. The effects it has is that we will have our signal get degraded to cause tiling and in some cases it will just go out for about 10 seconds at a time. My area is the very first area to also be completely converted to all digital signals now.

I have never seen this type of notice before and I would imagine this is not the first time they have flown over us before with the surveliance as we have an area that grows lots of pot. Maybe this is part of the new plan? They can knock out all tv, phone and internet just by sending these signals while not taking out the other electronics.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

[edit on 18-6-2009 by whoshotJR]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Well, that would explain all of the low flying Military Aircraft I've seen coming in and out of the International Airport I live in the flight path of here in Oregon! They've been busy since 6am this morning.

We normally only get Military Aircraft flying in for the annual Airshow or on the 4th of July, so this was definitely unusual until I saw your post.

Considering the heat up of tensions with both North Korea and Pakistan, the mobilization of our fleet to the East Sea, building up our missile defense systems in Hawaii, and so forth, it was only a matter of time before NAADC, NORAD and USNORTHCOM started running drills.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Im just across the river from the airport and I have also been noticing a large amount of military vehicles on the trains over the last week. On the flip side there is lots of cargo haulers for the trains that have been just sitting there and piling up.

Kinda odd.

We will see how the radio waves will effect stuff I guess.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What about Texas? We have wireless cable and it has been doing what you described for several days now. I have also been hearing a lot of helicopters and there was a black unmarked helicopter hovering low over my neighborhood last week.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I was near Troutdale, saw military chopper....

I wonder what else is going to happen, since this is only just beginning.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Sorry I don't know about Texas, I have only heard for my area of Oregon and SW Washington.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Anyone remember the Russian woodpecker?
It was an over the horizon radar system (OTH) which could detect ballistic launches in America. It caused heaps of interferance to various radio frequencies, telephone communications and assorted other communication devices.

wikimapia.org...
An overview of the system, close to chernobyl.

www.qsl.net...

'Radio HAMs do battle with Russian woodpecker'.

Are they shooting higher than normal powered radar bursts from norad to test it out at capacity with this exercise? This could be capable of causing interference.
To OP: link is down for me in New Zealand. Perhaps they took themselves out ;D hahaha.

Tracing route to www.northcom.mil [164.236.0.50]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 9 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.2.1
2 33 ms 32 ms 32 ms vlan998-31.fx.cust.tranzpeer.net [202.180.81.31]

3 33 ms 36 ms 38 ms vlan94-cpcak3-e1.tranzpeer.net [202.180.82.82]
4 38 ms 37 ms 38 ms vlan7-cpcak3-s1.tranzpeer.net [202.180.81.49]
5 33 ms 32 ms 33 ms vlan9-cpcak1-s1.tranzpeer.net [202.180.83.133]
6 54 ms 32 ms 33 ms ip-202-147-46-233.asianetcom.net [202.147.46.233
]
7 * 34 ms 32 ms gi15-1.gw1.akl1.asianetcom.net [202.147.55.225]

8 162 ms 159 ms 160 ms po8-1.gw1.sjc1.asianetcom.net [203.192.185.50]
9 169 ms 159 ms 191 ms ip-202-147-50-250.asianetcom.net [202.147.50.250
]
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 188 ms 188 ms 188 ms 205.171.14.69
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * *

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I work for a video and data provider and from time to time we will get blocking and tiling or alarms of loss of signal from planes passing over our satellite dishes. Also at certain times of the year solar flares will cause interruptions as well. Now whether yours is from the planes physical presence causing a loss of signal or from the equipment on the plane couldn't tell ya. I know that ours is from the physical aspect.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by drift393

The solar flares are always fun to explain to people and when a few of us got the email today we thought for a second it had to do with that. I don't think its the physical planes causing the issue because we have a very redundant system with multiple head ends looped together via a fiber ring. These are spread out over a very large area.

We also have 2 officers not far from the air port on either side of the Columbia river and haven't had them cause an issue like this before. I'm going to probe some of our more technical minded guys tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, it may be synchronicity, it may not be.

In addition to all the military planes and helicopters flying around for most of yesterday, our entire region lost Phone and Internet Service.

"A device connecting several telecommunications and internet providers to points north operated by LS (Lightspeed) Networks of Portland failed shortly before 1 p.m. A backup switch for the transport node — which routes fiber traffic between points — was engaged, but the accompanying software was corrupted, triggering the system-wide failure."

Engineers from our Region in Oregon covering several different tech companies, along with technicians from Qwest Colorado, worked for four hours to restore services. However, the loss to business for those affected by the was catastrophic.

Thankfully the business I work for has redundant systems as well. We experienced a significant impact in our overall bandwidth at three of our Data Centers located regionally, but were still able to provide services.

The rest of the four cities affected were ghost-towns after 1pm when businesses closed shop for the rest of the day.

top topics

join