It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Consciousness Shift already begun??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Within the last 6 months there has been big changes in my mind set. I have a overwhelming desire to get back to the "Simple Life". I was shocked to see that my family was in agreement to go along with my changes that I felt I needed to do. I found that they had begun having the very same feelings that I was experiencing.

First, we began selling things that we thought were so important when we bought them. Big things such as extra furniture, lawn mower (we did keep one to use), toys, car, and now the camper. Anything we felt that we just didn't have to have should go. Money wasn't an issue and matter of fact many things we sold were bought at an awesome deal, which I'm sure made others VERY happy! Many things we have just given away.

Unfortunatley, we like many other people had become very materialistic and this might not seem like much to some but this has been a major change for us. It's like we don't feel the need for anything but the bare essentials anymore.

I might also add that we have also become very spiritual and not so much religous anymore. Many of the things that we thought for so long to be right has only become a quest for the real TRUTH!

Has anyone else experienced this same overwhelming desire to go back to simplicity???

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, I used to be a T.V addict same with Junk food, now i dont even think twice about them.. Lately iv been wanting to get healthier out more etc etc

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Geehood

That is also part of what has changed for us. We have started working on our health. My husband has really done this the most. He has started running and walking and developed a real desire to better his health. I'm coming around but it is taking me a little longer on this because of my arthritis.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Brill stuff.
I am very inclined to agree, my only consideration would be the rise of the internet making this sort of information more well known and therefore popular and also the number of television programmes now promoting roots living, self sufficiency and expanding oneself.
However i can COMPLETELY see what you're saying and I would say i am witnessing the same stuff.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yes i have been feeling the same way. Ive been looking for a good web site or book about things you can and can't eat in the wild in my area and how to grow your own foods and good ways to do it with out using chemicals.I have had this urge to go rough it out in the wild to get some practice also.I already have some hiking gear and a nice 4 person tent.i also wanna learn the correct way to jar fruits and veggies for any such journeys i decide to take in to the bush...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

I knew that I wasn't alone on this. I figured if we were experiencing this that probably millions of others were doing the same. I just would have never thought that the material things that we seemed to love so much at one time wouldn't matter a hill of beans shortly after. Interesting to say the least!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

And I bet several years ago, you wouldn't have thought about any of it. That's how we are. When I look back at what all we have let go of and changed recently, I am almost shocked that it didn't bother us more but it didn't matter to us at all!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
lawoftime.org...

go here for some real good info on this.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

You got it, I never once thought that way, just wanted to go camping and go fishing and have camp fires and putz around with my cousins...

PEACE!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't know if it's THE consciousness shift but I do agree that there is one happening. Things are changing at an alarming rate and soon enough the changes will begin to affect the way we used to live our lives. Already children have developed "ADD" which allows them to focus on multiple tasks at one time while their parents are unable to figure out Twitter.

In a more spiritual sense I feel it too, I can almost see it coming and it's gonna be awesome.

I already understand more than I could ever have hoped for, I understand things in ways I can't explain. I see people differently, not in their corporeal form which is little more than a prison. I really can't explain it but things are different now. I understand the universe, our place in it and how it is all a beautifully perfect whole.

Now, when I hear politicians or religious leaders speaking I can only laugh at how pathetic they sound, at how they will never understand.

If you've ever read "Stranger in a Strange Land" I believe the term I'm looking for is "Grokk"

I learn things now by sudden bursts of complete understanding, not by incremental accumulation of knowledge.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'm feeling it, too. Over the last couple of months I've felt a growing desire to free myself from materialistic BS, sell the things I don't really need, live a healthier lifestyle, etc. I even want to start a garden and sustain myself with my own food as much as possible. I grew up in the country and my dad maintained a garden, and I couldn't give two sh!t$ about it back then.
And I've started meditation and believing in a spiritual world beyond this one. This is after spending the last decade being a borderline atheist.
It's really weird... I feel like I went to bed one night, and woke up the next day a new person with a new path.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by Starseed32

You got it, I never once thought that way, just wanted to go camping and go fishing and have camp fires and putz around with my cousins...

PEACE!!!

nice

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The shift comes about with the birth of TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY.
we are almost ready to launch.

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It comes as no surprise/mystery to me that because of the world economic recession, most people are re-discovering the "simple" pleasures in life, mainly because the simple pleasures are usually also the "cheaper" pleasures.

This often happens during times of general economic hardship -- people get back to basics...They have family backyard cook-outs more than going to restaurants. They drive to family weekend destinations rather than flying to some expensive resort. People are more happy having a car that simply gets them from place to place efficiently rather than having a car with "pizazz".

I don't think it necessarily requires YOU to lose your job/make less money for the desire of the "simple things" to occur to you. It only takes the threat of losing one's job, or seeing others around you lose their jobs or make less money.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I no exactly what you mean and its a huge coincidence that i came across this thread now. just tonight, i gave away my 32" widescreen samsung lcd tv and xbox 360 to a neibhor kid in exchange for a regular old computer monitor (i was using the tv as a computer monitor). i did this because of my sudden awareness of the uselessness of material, besides surviving in my physical form.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I see all of you still have that materialistic computer.

Better get rid of that evil piece of technology. Hell, let's allow the internet to die as well.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Whatever is happening is certainly happening to me. In the last few months I've really moved into a space where I have no desire for any of this materialistic crap. I'm selling my house and everything in it as fast as I can. Right now my heaven would involve a place in the wild puttering around in nature.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
good post, S&F.

I have completely changed in the last 1yr. Been meditating and reading all kinds of spiritual material too.

I am trying to think, "what made me change?". The only thing that happened to me around then was the fact that I started seeing 11:11 all the time.

Not only have I noticed my changes, but I can assure you that I have spoken to some people at work about spiritual stuff that they NEVER would have talked about or even thought about themselves before.

Something is definatley changing for sure. Things go around in cycles people. Before we know it, we are either going to be lightbodies in a higher dimension, or we are still going to be here, but back to the way of living of our ancestors. Either way its a raising of our spirituality in a big way.

as for the internet being materialistic, yes it is, but without the internet, millions of us would not be as well read as we are today on lots of spiritual matters.

a little of anything is not a bad thing. its only when our entire lives become materialistic that we should pack up and go and live in a field for a few yrs.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
WOW Amazing, lots of people.
I have been finding that I am more urgent in anything I do. I have had a strong feeling for sometime that things are different. Like you guys, I have also had the feeling for the need to pack up and just live a simple peaceful life, back to the old ways as such. I feel the GREAT need for change, I feel that we are on the brink of something.....

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Very interesting!
Me and my brother was tanking about yesterday that it would be "cool" if some castostophe where to happen and we all went back to the primitive so to speak...
Lately i have also had a desire to grow my own vegtables and raise my own livestock...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join