It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to convince a person...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
... That we're being visited by extraterrestrials in UFOs.
What examples would you use to make this person a believer?

If this has already been asked, I'm sorry.

Any thoughts are welcome

[edit on 18-6-2009 by aalien]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If they had the time, I'd ask them to read this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aalien

First I would tell them how big the universe is and how unlikely it is that's we're alone. Which I do quite alot actually. Hundreds of billions of stars per galaxy, hundreds of billions of galaxies in the known universe and I read somewhere that scientists believe around 10% of stars have planets (but I can't quote anyone on that so it's probably wrong).

Then I would slap them and say OPEN YOURS EYES! Show them the videos from the space shuttles. STS something. They're pretty convincing. I'm not sure if they've been debunked.

I think the credible UFO quotes from this post would convince alot of people too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't know anyone that doesn't believe in UFOs so I have no one to convince anyway.

[edit on 18/6/2009 by System]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
You can use the oppo argument . . . there's really only one compelling argument against alien visitation and that is the necessity of physically transcending time and space to get here, a truly mind boggling accomplishment.

Still, many theoretical physicists seem to think it's doable. Scientists were right in their theorizing about black holes long before they were proven through astronomical observation.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by fls13]

new topics

top topics

join