It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious, leaking black 'ooze' from old cold war station frightens town

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Black ooze at old Cold War station frightens Labrador town

'Health officials have told residents of a small community on Labrador's coast to be wary of possible contamination from an abandoned military site in their midst.

Serious PCB contamination has already been identified at a Cold War-era radar station on a hill near Hopedale. But residents are worried about pollution that is now seeping up around people's backyards.

"Drums full of tar [are] coming up, coming from under the ground," said Sabrina Pijogge, crouching over a patch of the black ooze and metal that has extruded on to the ground by the foundation of her home.

Just what did they do at that old station that would make all the Tar-like substance start bleeding to the surface?

Deep mines? Secret explosions?

Mod Edit: Link fixed, external quote source added.

[edit on 6-17-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hell Yeah that's scary!!! Black ooze, sounds gross and dangerous. It's probably too late to clean up this environmental disaster. Those poor people will probably have to abandon their homes.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher
Thanks for the edit, I should have presented it a bit better!

It's terrible how environment affairs is simply telling these people to avoid this disaster.

How, I ask?

I wonder if it is oil tar or some other nasty PCB laden mystery ooze from the bowels of the Earth.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
as horible it may be the first thing that i thought of was Tar Man!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Hell Yeah that's scary!!! Black ooze, sounds gross and dangerous.

It is!

Try drinking stout all night and then have a curry before bed.

The black ooze is definitely real!

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
great way to make money off the us government. id sue them till they go broke..... oh wait they are

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Yes this stuff is happening. I too have witnessed "stuff" coming through the ground. It was almost like a wave, pushing then pulling. It seemed to use "fuel" to self-sustain it's energy and attract a ton of water and evaporate it. I saved some tar and other matter, maybe some day I'll get it tested. Then again I am beginning to think it was everything inside and outside my house. It was like a layer of everything was shaved off. I think everything off-gassed. There's so many things that could have gone wrong in my "neck of the woods". It left behind black soot on every other roof top, but if it was on one side of the house, it wasn't on the other. The same goes for the reddish-brown dust that seems to start from the ground almost halfway up the trees. There seemed to be a certain pattern of direction it took. There are many many dead tree branches, most noticably on the evergreens. Parts of the trees are still green but clearly the other part look kinda burnt, and dead. Everything oxidized around here and there's more rusted stuff, There is a lot of black blotches of something on many signs and buildings.
Did it initiate from underground pipelines? I know Tennessee pipelines supply the gas to Massachusetts. I wonder if the sludge spill was a back up that built up in the lines first. Could it have been from the cables that are under the ocean after it was discovered to have ben cut in several different places. Where do those fiber optic, wires and insulators go when they are let loose in the water? Could there have been an experiment that went catastrophically wrong like a large hadron collider to have caused it? Or a power surge in telecommunications or electricity. Something that would cause creeping surface energy? Is it global warming? In reality any and all of the above have had a negative impact on our earth regardless of it's magnitude.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
WOW.. It's OUR fault. There should be an international court so Norway can sue the pants off of the U.S. for leaving that stuff not cleaned up.

They bought a lemon! Lemon law!

They need to know exactly what the US did there and what that stuff could be.

new topics

top topics

join