It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stillwater Police Officer Arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Stillwater Police Officer Arrested

www.newson6.com

STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) - A Stillwater police officer has been suspended without pay from his job at a junior high school after being accused of having an inappropriate relationship with a 15-year-old girl.

Louis Alvie "Buck" Morris was charged Tuesday with two felony counts of rape by instrumentation and three counts of lewd acts with a child.

The 48-year-old was scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday.

Morris has been a police officer in Stillwater since 1992 and had worked as a school resource officer for the past six years.

Stillwater Police Chief Norman McNickle says his departme
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Just more evidence of the type of cops that Oklahoma employs. This perv worked in the schools for 6 years! I'd be surprised if more students didn't come forward with their own horror stories.

Was it some sick revenge because she broke up with his son? The story doesn't give many details but it's likely that it was not a one time assault. There are TWO felony counts of rape by instrumentation and 3 counts of lewd acts with a child. (Not likely to have happened all on the same day).

The only redeeming point to this story is that he has at least been suspended without pay while awaiting arraignment and that he has actually been charged for his crimes.

The police force in this state needs an enema!

www.newson6.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Oklahoma police are the most corrupt in the US IMO. Seen it first hand.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Another round of ammo for the pro-home school crowd.

This is what public school is all about these days. Sex drugs and very crappy music.

I am not surprised.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Just to play devils advocate, how do we know this 15 year old didn't come after him? Don't get me wrong, he's an adult and as an officer he should know to make better decisions.

I just can't shake the feeling that It's fishy for some reason. I've met quite a few...precocious...young females. I think that's why we have courts.

Listen to all sides of the story and then make the judgment.

Loose his job and career? Absolutely. Demonize him as a person for a bad decision? Maybe not.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It does not matter if a kid comes onto an adult. Ever.

No excuses what so ever. If he is truly guilty (and can be proven with real evidence) than he should pay dearly. And yes be fully demonized as a pedophile.

Playing Devil's Advocate with a pedophile is an extremely slippery slope.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
I've met quite a few...precocious...young females.

Hmm... I can't help but wonder just how well you got to know them.

As someone who was once a "precocious" 15-year-old female who was attracted to older men, I know that the good guys do not fall for the charms of a teenage girl, while the bad guys willingly take advantage of a young girl's infatuation.

Edited to add:

I'm not saying the girl is completely innocent. Teenage girls can tend to be very promiscuous, but that doesn't matter. As an adult man, and a police officer, he knew very well what he was doing was wrong.

Furthermore, he was working at the school to protect those student, including protecting that girl from exactly this sort of experience.

[edit on 6/17/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Judging a man guilty until proven innocent is an even more slippery slope. I make no excuses for this man, but we don't know the circumstances and we shouldn't demonize him without just cause. He hasn't even had a trial yet for Gods sake.

But yea, if he is proven guilty..get a rope

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

I got to know them quite well when I was 17 and a senior in high school

Good men will NOT fall for it...you are correct. But NORMAL men and bad men will both fall for it.

But yea, he was put in a position of trust and authority and if her claims are true then he abused that trust and needs to be punished accordingly. No arguments on that one.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think it's important to put this incident in perspective.

1) This guy had been a cop longer than his victim had been alive.

2) The victim was his son's ex-girlfriend. Say it with me.......EW!

3) He violated his position of trust.

4) Even IF the victim was a skank who was throwing it at him he is a grown man and should know how to conduct himself.

5) "Normal" men do not fall for it. Men have manly virtues which include honor and self-restraint. Cops of all people should be the personification of manly virtues (even the female cops).

6) Oklahoma cops are expected to go by a code of ethics.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
This is the code of ethics that they are issued and, after reading, must sign and date showing they have read and understood what is expected of them.

Primary Responsibility of a Police Officer

"A police officer acts as an official representative of government who is required and trusted to work within the law. The officer's powers and duties are conferred by statute. The fundamental duties of a police officer include serving the community; safeguarding lives and property; protecting the innocent; keeping the peace; and ensuring the rights of all to liberty, equality, and justice."

Performance of the Duties of a Police Officer

"A police officer shall perform all duties impartially, without favor of affection or ill will and without regard to status, sex, race, religion, political belief or aspiration. All citizens will be treated equally with courtesy, consideration, and dignity."

"Officers will never allow personal feelings, animosities or friendships to influence official conduct. Laws will be enforced appropriately and courteously and, in carrying out their responsibilities, officers will strive to obtain maximum cooperation from the public. They will conduct themselves in appearance and deportment in such a manner as to inspire confidence and respect for the position of public trust they hold."

Discretion

"A police officer will use responsibly the discretion vested in the position and exercise it within the law. The principles of reasonableness will guide the officer's determinations and the officer will consider all surrounding circumstances in determining whether any legal action shall be taken."

"Consistent and wise use of discretion, based on professional policing competence, will do much to preserve good relationships and retain the confidence of the public. There can be difficulty in choosing between conflicting courses of action. It is important to remember that a timely word of advice rather than arrest - which may be correct in appropriate circumstances - can be a more effective means of achieving a desired end."

Confidentiality

"Whatever a police officer sees, hears or learns of, which is of a confidential nature, will be kept secret unless the performance of duty or legal provision requires otherwise.

Members of the public have a right to security and privacy, and information obtained about them must not be improperly divulged."

Integrity

"A police officer will not engage in acts of corruption or bribery, nor will an officer condone such acts by other police officers."

"The public demands that the integrity of police officers be above reproach. Police officers must, therefore, avoid any conduct that might compromise integrity and thus undercut the public confidence in a law enforcement agency. Officers will refuse to accept any gifts, presents, subscriptions, favors, gratuities or promises that could be interpreted as seeking to cause the officer to refrain from performing official responsibilities honestly and within the law. Police Officer must not receive private or special advantage from their official status. Respect from the public cannot be bought; it can only be earned and cultivated."

Cooperation with Other Officers and Agencies

"Police officers will cooperate with all legally authorized agencies and their representatives in the pursuit of justice."

"Any officer or agency may be one among many organizations that may provide law enforcement services to a jurisdiction. It is imperative that a police officer assist colleagues fully and completely with respect and consideration at all times."

Personal/Professional Capabilities

"Police officers will be responsible for their own standard of professional performance and will take every reasonable opportunity to enhance and improve their level of knowledge and competence."

"Through study and experience, a police officer can acquire the high level of knowledge and competence that is essential for the efficient and effective performance of duty. The acquisition of knowledge is a never-ending process of personal and professional development that should be pursued constantly."

Private Life

"Police officers will behave in a manner that does not bring discredit to their agencies or themselves."

"A police officer's character and conduct while off duty must always be exemplary, thus maintaining a position of respect in the community in which he or she lives and serves. The officer's personal behavior must be beyond reproach."

Code of Ethics

The Law Enforcement Code of Ethics as promulgated by the International Association of Chiefs of Police in 1991 is hereby adopted for the Police Division of the University Police Department with amendments as included below:

"As a Law Enforcement Officer, my fundamental duty is to serve the community; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional rights of all to liberty, equality, and justice."

"I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all and will behave in a manner which does not bring discredit to me or my agency. I will maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn, or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the law and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret unless revelation is necessary in the performance of duty."

"I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, political beliefs, aspirations, animosities, or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities."

"I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith, and accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of the police service. I will never engage in acts of bribery nor will I condone such acts by other police officers. I will cooperate with all legally authorized agencies and their representatives in the pursuit of justice."

"I know that I alone am responsible for my own standard of professional performance and will take every opportunity to enhance and improve my level of knowledge and competence."

"I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself to my chosen profession ... law enforcement."

Each commissioned officer of the University of Oklahoma Police Department is issued a personal copy of this Code of Ethics which s/he will is required to sign and date as part of the departmental basic training process.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by whitewave]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Thats just so wrong on many levels yall.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well it doesnt say what the guy did. Also Id want to know what evidence there is, is he admitting to it? Suspended without pay infers there is evidence. If its just her word against his I would be inclined not to believe it.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
Well it doesnt say what the guy did.

Yes it does...

...And it is horrible.

"Morris was charged Tuesday with two felony counts of rape by instrumentation three counts of lewd acts with a child."

Rape by Instrumentation:
Rape by instrumentation is an act within or without the bonds of matrimony in which any inanimate object or any part of the human body, not amounting to sexual intercourse is used in the carnal knowledge of another person without his or her consent and penetration of the anus or vagina occurs to that person.

oklegal.onenet.net...

[edit on 17-6-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Suspension with out pay is a normal bi product of the DA pressing charges. They obviously have some evidence other than just her word against his, otherwise it would only be an I.A. investigation.

Also, I doubt that they have a confession against him as if they did, he would be charged with statutory as well.

However, when all of this is said and done, he will probably end up with a stat. charge over the felonies as part of a plea agreement.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I just noticed your signature... and actually...

This might be the perfect time to try to work "ape taint" into a conversation.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by midnightbrigade
Just to play devils advocate, how do we know this 15 year old didn't come after him? Don't get me wrong, he's an adult and as an officer he should know to make better decisions.

My thoughts are: How do we know this isn't made up by the 15 year old girl?

What I mean is the "rape by instrumentation" charges. She could have very well done this to herself and framed the man.

Just a thought.

I'd like to know more about the whole affair before I pass judgement. Like was his semen found on or near her clothes? Yes, that's a reference to 'ol Bildo Clinton.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The man was an irresponsible idiot maybe, but a "pedophile"?

I don't think so, the girl was 15, not 10...

I don't think people here understand what a pedophile actually is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join