It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korean Missile Train on the Move

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

N.Korean Missile Train on the Move

english.chosun.com

A special North Korean train which transported a long-range rocket or intercontinental ballistic missile to a launch site in Tongchang-ri, North Pyongan Province in May recently moved from a missile research center in Sanum-dong, Pyongyang to another launch site in Musudan-ri, North Hamgyong Province, a South Korean government source said Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

South Korean and U.S. authorities believe the North may have transported a second intercontinental missile to the launch site. The North launched a long-range rocket from Musudan-ri on April 5, which had also been transported by special train.

Seoul and Washington are wondering whether the North will launch two long-range missiles from both launch sites at the same time or whether the train is just a smokescreen to confuse watchers.

North Korea has threatened to launch another missile in protest against UN sanctions over its nuclear test. It apparently has three to four intercontinental ballistic missiles, and may be keeping one or two more at the research center in Sanum-dong.

So, while the US and South Korea are wondering what NK is actually doing, I ask ATS what you think. It will be interesting to see whether or not we are correct.

My vote is that they are planning to launch two missles. I believe the second one will hit a target. (This is not what I am hoping, mind you, but my opinion as to what I think more likely.)

Thoughts?

english.chosun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
He's going to do something stupid... that's for sure

and our response will of course be even stupider than his

One upmanship is a great game when the guys playing it live in hallowed out mountains

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If the guy...pang whatever the hell his name is really terminally ill then I do not doubt that they will hit something...whoops! I have been reading about EMP s lately and this is the perfect wepon for N korea. Anyone know much about his son that will be taking his place??

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I refuse to believe that the US doesn't know what's going on in that part of the world, come on now. What are spy sattelites for if they don't use them?

I think the US and China and all those other countries involved know exactly what is being transported, where it's going and what they plan to do with it.

Kimmy has lost his mind and he's going to pay the price if he launches another missile, especially inter-continental one at that.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yeah, really makes me wonder what will happen. Things have really escalated over there. I think that they are crazy enough to do something that could trigger a retaliatory attack.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Since 1991 the USA has found none of the iraqi mobile TEL launchers

there are limitations to technology.

[edit on 16/6/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fromtheheart66

From what I hear his son is a chip off the old block so to say... so basically if Kim dies nothing will really change, if anything things might get worse under his son.
It's interesting NK hasn't backed off yet, I still say they have a super power backing them up, this has gone on for too long, somethings up. NK isn't stupid enough to start a war without backup.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I'd also have to wonder why, in the article which comes out of South Korea, they would say "use the train as a distraction".

I mean -- it's not like we have one guy with binoculars watching a train - going: "Oh, geez....I hope I'm looking in the right place?"

As far as I know -- and someone please correct me if I'm wrong -- the US will know as soon as that rocket is launched whether or not it's going to hit land. Then, can't we just shoot it down while it's in the air?

I really don't see why we would need to "fire the first shot" so to speak, unless it's a nuke on that train. Which I doubt.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by asmall89

Well, actually I'd have to disagree...sort of.

The problem with his son is that he is only 26. The military, and NK's people, may not recognize someone his age in that position.

Now, if big Kimmy is still alive when power is actually transferred I believe the son has a shot.

But if Big Kimmy dies and little Kimmy takes over, there may be a huge backlash from the military who may want to seek control. Keep in mind, there are an awful lot of people starving over there. It may not take much for a revolt when faced with a young and inexperienced leader.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
NK isn't going to directly attack anybody. They aren't suicidal. They might, however, claim the rocket has a nuke on board and that they're willing to use it in self defense if the US/SK does anything to upset it. Nukes are their bargaining chip now, and just letting them off underground isn't getting them the results they want. They'll be looking to up the ante and call Washington's bluff.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Remember last time the "crazy train" located to a missile launch thingy majig? Well that took three days or so before they actually launched. Now remember the date of BlackJack & prepare to spit bricks.....

Wonder if.... what if.... theres too much speculation about to be sure, but I don't think Mr Jong Ill is playing anymore.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I really don't see why we would need to "fire the first shot" so to speak, unless it's a nuke on that train. Which I doubt.

N. Korea does not have the capability to launch a nuclear weapon on a missile, they could drop one from a plane. I wonder how many are aware that the U.S. has a nuclear artillery round?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
2 simultanious 'test' launches sounds about right, I mean that's the sort of thing NK would do right now - I mean they know that any real attacks would not be taken lightly, and they still do need to launch more practise runs...

I can't see them putting a long range missile on a launch pad and leaving it there to say 'look world... It's tiped with a nuke and ready to go when I press this red button - no go away world' A couple of reasons for that - one well easy a B-2 would deliver a tactical pocket rocket and be home in time for tea, and 2 those things need fueling up and they are pretty complicated (unlike the solid fuel things in the subs and silo's) so you kinda have to plan a launch well in advance - well that's my understanding.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
They really are pushing the limits... they must know that everyone is watching them do it. They want to provoke the international community, but to what avail?

I'm still confident they're not going to launch anything at anyone... but they are pushing it.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
You guys ever watch Shaka Zulu?

In a tribal dispute, the two tribes used traditional methods of non-combat by posturing and ridiculing the opposing tribe. The winner was usually the one that demonstrates the best physique, stature and pride.

Unfortunately, When it was Shaka's turn to reply, he instead stabbed the enemy with an 8 foot spear, killing him.......

A tremendous silence followed..thus ushering a new era of survival for the remaining tribes.

Well... North Korea is about to do the same thing I believe. While the UN, South Korea and China maneuver and posture in front of N. Korea...

N. Korea will simple launch their nuclear missiles as planned, unshaken by the Western world's posturing and bluffs.

In other words...something tells me that their not F'ing around.

And while the Americans and the rest of the world stare at these bright headlights singing patriotic songs and discussing Good and Evil...The N. Koreans are simply and methodically getting ready to Launch.

[edit on 16-6-2009 by manbird12000]

[edit on 16-6-2009 by manbird12000]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by manbird12000

Well that would certainly be the logical thing to do if you've got any chance at all of winning any kind of victory in this kind of "everyone's watching" scenario.

"NAH, Nah, nah...we're just setting up for a test sillies. Really!"

For some reason tho, I think we might have thought of this possibility already. Sure would be a shame to waste such an opportunity for war [profit] and population control at the very least. I'm sure every such 'opportunity' is being considered at this very moment.

Be interesting to see how this chess game plays out...

EDIT: Not that they have any chance at all of any kind of victory mind you.

[edit on 17-6-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

They really are pushing the limits... they must know that everyone is watching them do it. They want to provoke the international community, but to what avail?

As this show continues to unfold, my sense of being manipulated continues to grow. I am beginning to think that North Korea is simply doing what it is told to do.

[puts conspiracy hat on]
Right now the entire world is facing an economic apocalypse. All of the world leaders know this. They need a distraction to take the focus off of the largest theft in history. Is it such a stretch to think that maybe people are paying off Kim Jong Il to step up his crazy antics a bit to scare the populace to the point that they become solely focused on the North Korean situation?

It is suspicious to me that they were able to make such remarkable progress on their nuclear capabilities since they set off the dud in 2006. Couldn't these new tests be done by detonating a donated bomb by someone with proven technology, someone like China?

The timing of North Korea's antics is also suspect. I know that subscribing to the Bilderberg theories put you in a special category of "crazy" in some peoples books, but it could be possible. North Korea really stepped up its rhetoric not long after the Bilderberg meeting this year. Is it that crazy to think that possibly the people pulling the strings decided to use them as a puppet to achieve some goal? [takes off conspiracy hat]

Now, obviously the above statement was just random speculation. All I know is that I don't think that we should take this current situation at face value. Somebody is pulling some strings here. Now, are they planning on triggering a world war to get everyone out of this economic crisis? Or are they simply distracting us, scaring us into accepting some other policy? Either way, I think it stinks.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Anyone play strategy games? I think the nukes are a distraction. They're waving a hand way over on the side and stabbing us in the back with the other one. That or they are really REALLY stupid.

new topics

top topics

join