It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Covering Up Fireballs From Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Military Covering Up Fireballs From Space

www.foxnews.com

For 15 years, scientists have benefited from data gleaned by U.S. classified satellites of natural fireball events in Earth's atmosphere — but no longer.

A recent U.S. military policy decision now explicitly states that observations by hush-hush government spacecraft of incoming bolides and fireballs are classified secret and are not to be released, SPACE.com has learned.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.space.com

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Really?

Is this what it's going to come to? The military isn't even going to do us the courtesy of letting us know that something the size of France is going to smash into the planet and kill us?

Why slap a classification on the incoming rocks?!

I'm actually appalled by this, being in the intelligence community. There is no reason to keep this information from the scientific community - much less the public. Sure, there are those who will speak of the riots and such that inevitably occur, but come on? Shouldn't we at least have the courtesy to know something is headed our way?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The satellites' main objectives include detecting nuclear bomb tests,
(from source)

Well there's your answer...

Any way the sats are only useful for telling boffins that an object has entered the atmosphere and exploded... Nice and all that, no flipping use if you want to hide in a handy deep underground base

Looks like there will be some atmospheric 'tests' of nukes... You know the sort like what the Americans 'tested' on Japan - I just wonder who's nukes will be first?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I believe there is a few threads on this already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-6-2009 by NateNute]

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I don't remember where I saw the video but it showed green fireballs incoming and outgoing. The outgoing ones might be a clue as to why the military is trying to keep things mum. Just speculating. It just occured to me that I might have seen the article at the Pegasus Research Consortium's sight. I'll check and if I find the article I'll get back.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
as previously mentioned, there's an ongoing discussion here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
As mentioned, there is an already existing thread on this topic here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

top topics

join