It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

government hardrives sold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
found this while looking god knows what and thought it would be interesting how the government likes to sell things. after this i dont think they will do that any time soon.

governemtn hardrive sold

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We had to go through a huge procedure before we got rid of anything. It was something we could not use anymore, or sometimes had to many of, the divisional supply petty officer had to inventory it. It was stored and sent to VA. They determined if it was to be destroyed, refurbished or sold at auction. In the case of equipment that held data, a huge process is required to delete data. It also is sent to some depot, where they did the same procedure. This is just a case of some idiot, not doing their job. Everything that we had from laptops to discs, had a classified sticker on it. Unlcassified, Secret, Top Secret and some other ones. That stuff was handled like precious gold, and was never out of the site of the the person who signed for it. When I did time as a classified message courier, I took my job very seriously. Anyone who does not, should lose their clearance in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
But don't worry the government can keep you safe. Just ignore this and hand over some more of those freedoms.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I am positive that all the info was wiped clean before they were sold.

Also, using the term "government" for the connotation of the word is non sense. I can run for a position in the "government" and so can you.

It would be completely different if NASA was selling their hard drives from their top secret computers with the information still intact.

I appreciate the enthusiasm, but there is nothing there.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
be careful.....because they may say its from the Government, but actually may fool you inbto buying something thats not even from a government hardrive....

top topics

join