It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Truth: IMO Anyway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ok...it just dawned on me as to why this UFO craze is still as big as it is...makes sense.

Not unlike advertising where we are 'led to believe' truths in certain things, usually products ready to be consumed, which we all know are fabricated just to make sales and increase profit margin...i'm seeing the same thing here with this mythical 'new science' as it were....

Career:
Look at ALLLLL the careers centered around this networked web of stories and misinformation...imagine if you will owning a business that people just don't understand or trust enough to invest in, a business you depend on to make a living...then imagine, through marketing/advertising, reaching these same people and capturing their attention long enough to convince them they NEED your product (in this case the UFO lie)......doesn't it make perfect sense as to why jerk offs like the guy on UFO Hunters would will ALWAYS jump to the most fantastic explanations even before all the data is processed? He doesn t want to lose his career!!! and get a real job. This applies to everyone from the people that maintain this site and make a living..to authors like Streiber (wacko) to cinema (the only place this garbage belongs) to TV shows..i mean this is a Multi-Billion $ industry!

And you guys are all rubes!

LOL with ZERO proof!!

Military:

This is too easy..."Hey general public...look over there" whilst we dump trillions into space & military programs. Total PERFECT smokescreen for these clandestine operations..my god whomever orchestrated this one is genius on par with Einstein and Planck! Lets invent the notion of little green men(started as fancy in cinema and pulp fiction dime store books for children) get a public interest then let it grow into this...thing...all the while we'll sit back unabated and play with our new toys!

Does anyone here agree? or am i preaching to a deaf ear? I mean afterall this IS part of the problem, this site.

For the record i come here for entertainment reasons and to get an idea of just how programmed this cross section of online society is.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
You've obviously never seen a UFO so to someone in that "boat" I suppose what you wrote would make sense. For the people who have seen UFO's however it reeks of "If I can't see them, then no one can" which is just plain silly.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

OH no no back up guy..i have seen a UFO actually...and i can say that nothing i witnessed led me to believe it was of non earthly origin..thats my point.

In the summer of 2000 i was visiting my 2 girls in Chester NJ...a bucolic little town in north NJ. While driving down(with my brother) to the local vid store for a rental or two we were descending a small rise into the heart of downtown...id say it was about 10pm or so..dark with streetlights along road.

Now, as i said we were driving, i was driving a Lexus SUV with a sunroof which was open. As we approached the center of town, coming off this rise in the road, we both noticed a hanging series of lights not...oooooh 150 feet AGL...no bigger than a pickup truck with BIG bright headlights off the front....triangular arranged soft yellow lights on undercarriage..and maybe 2-4 flickering red, blue and white lights. We stopped the truck, got out and stodd RIGHT beneath it. Well as we stood there, it didnt make a sound BTW, the thing brightened its headlamps and began a sloooooooow fluid turn on its axis away from us..pionting SW...at this point it began to drift away from us.....to us we were struck with the impression it WAS man made and seemed to be an unmanned craft.

So, no you are wrong sir..i have seen such sights and am telling you in MY opinion they are man made

Look at that Turkey vid for example (hoax) How is it the craft is freakin HUGE yet the alien in its window never moves and judging by its size would be gigantic. SO fake. I mean the alien just stands there not moving and taking up like 1/3 the total craft size...soooo silly.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by jeddun]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well from reading your other threads and posts it seems you are very negative about anything on this site. Coming here for entertainment is just crazy to me. Peoples experiences are not entertainment IMO. For some these experiences are hard to talk about and come here because many WILL listen and not criticize. For you to be entertained by that seems disturbing. You say you have seen a UFO and felt it was man made, well what if you saw one that you knew it was definitely not man made? How would you feel then? What if you were abducted and had horrible things done to you? How would you feel then?

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I totally agree with you....everyone including the most negative are entitled. I dont dismiss nor do i discredit anyone here....i simply am stating a fact that NOTHING is as it seems. Its actually quite boring and uneventful to be honest.

There was never a risk of abduction as that doesn't happen , in my entitled opinion, and furthermore this is NOT a forum for the 'Studies of people whom have been negatively affected by aliens or anything else weird'.......this is free site where we can ALL express our opinions..if mine make sense and scare ya..well sorry guy.

I mean for Christs sake just think and use your heads ....

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun

I totally agree with you....everyone including the most negative are entitled. I dont dismiss nor do i discredit anyone here....i simply am stating a fact that NOTHING is as it seems. Its actually quite boring and uneventful to be honest.

There was never a risk of abduction as that doesn't happen , in my entitled opinion, and furthermore this is NOT a forum for the 'Studies of people whom have been negatively affected by aliens or anything else weird'.......this is free site where we can ALL express our opinions..if mine make sense and scare ya..well sorry guy.

I believe nothing is as it seems and you are entitled to your opinion as is everyone. I just think you are being a little too negative to those who think differently than you. Just because YOU dont believe in abductions doesnt mean that someone else hasnt experienced something like this. I have always believed certain things without any kind of proof. It was just a feeling I had and still have.
Yes it is a free site to express opinions but shouldnt one also respect another's opinion. I may not be on the same page as you in many beliefs but I respect what you feel and believe.
Oh and I use my head daily.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Once again..im playing the devils advocate and simply saying..wheres the proof?

Millions suffer from Munchausens syndrome yet the fact that they are does not MEAN they actually suffer from anything. Same applies here...wheres the proof? that's all i want..then we can talk about aliens and what have you..im still inclined to believe that its MUCH easier to imagine an alien abducting someone over what Uncle Mike did to them at a young age...simple psychology really..its seen on a much smaller scale all the time..the mind and how it deals with trauma.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

..wheres the proof?

we could ask the same thing of the bible

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Ah! yes you could and can!! Big difference is we have historical documnets that those battles took place and those people lived and chronicled their doings...cant say same for UFOs friend....nice try.

You're reaching with the Bible comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This so called "truth" surely is only in your opinion.

Those of us who have had first hand encounters have all the proof we need. Those who are left to ponder the facts have PLENTY of evidence.

I think you are just doing this in a troll attempt, because surely you see all around you evidence of UFOs.

However in the interest of argument, can you just explain to me why it is you are unaware of evidence of UFOs?

There is plenty on this website alone to suggest UFOs might exist, and when you consider the tremendous amount of time in which UFOs have been reported and the tremendous amount of people who claim to have seen them in our day and age with the technology to speak with someone across the planet in a single second, there is much more video showing unexplained phenomena to be viewed free of charge online.

OR are you a firm believer that it's swamp gas and weather balloons?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
..wheres the proof?

I refer you Bluebook Special Report 17. And I am sure if you took the time to research the Betty and Barney Hill case you might be more open to the more-than-likely probability that we are being visited and that some ufos are intelligently controlled extraterrestrial craft.

Best regards,

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by warrenb

Ah! yes you could and can!! Big difference is we have historical documnets that those battles took place and those people lived and chronicled their doings...cant say same for UFOs friend....nice try.

You're reaching with the Bible comment.

Where you there to witness any of it? No.

So as far as anyone is concerned it is all hearsay.

And yet people believe nonetheless, just like the UFO people.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

Hmn see wrong again..no need to discredit my stance by eluding i am trolling due to the 'overwhelming' evidence presented to me to say otherwise...wheres the evidence? This is SO standard and typical a response to a very lucid skeptic who has SEEN, no stood RIGHT beneath something, that to me didn't look alien...nothing i saw screamed "that isnt possible here!' other than the floating and silence..i can see that being an emerging technology ..i mean look at what we've accomplished thus far in under 60 years!! And I'm the asshole? LOL. I am simply stating that its POSSIBLE there are NO aliens! I know its hard to imagine...and i'm certainly not the first one to say it.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I am actually quite impressed with the OP's point of view. Mind you I disagree to a certain extend, but alot of his points are valid.

There is an amazing ammount of dis-information that is spoon fed to the masses about mostly every subject, aliens and UFO's are not the prime target.

This is all part of the veil that is cast upon the masses in order to keep them "entertained" and too busy to really care about the issues. I do think there are things that are real such as ET's and other things, because the evidence of something being done without our knowlege is over whelming.

Now I dont' mean to say that there is PROOF of alien life or ET craft, but you have to admit, why would they jump through so much hoops, cover so many things up for the sake of marketing?

Nasa doesn't make any money off of UFO enthusiasts. Only people that are "known" to the industry do.

So I can appreciate your points, they make sense. You're military example I can expand on. Area 51 was deliberatley made to look like a UFO base while they were testing stealth aircraft so people would not notice Groom Lake just a few miles away.

They used things like Project Blue Book to throw people in the wrong direction.

So good OP, but be open minded about the issue, you might be pleasently surprised.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Ok hey guess the holocaust never happened either?

I can point you to a NUMBER of sites that state just that. No i wasn't there but we have ample proof that the occurrences in the Bible actually happened..sorry to say. Locations, ruins, texts, archeological findings (big one there)....the list goeson..plus we arent talking about religion we're talking about UFOs

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If you really want to look into UFO's and Aliens please read through this thread...It's got a lot of great information on the topic. It has some of the best (imo) UFO cases ever on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for the tape in Turkey. I am 50/50 on it. It is one of those I am not real sure about but it does give me the creeps.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

I understand that you are upset, but you are acting exactly like you accuse him of acting. You are on here saying you have a right to believe whatever you want, but he should not be able to come on here and have a good laugh at something he finds hilarious. According to what you are saying, you have a right to believe whatever, but he is not allowed to voice his opinion.

A case could be made that sometimes peoples experiences are nothing more than dreams or fantasies. I think that we UFO believers hurt our own case by never giving any proof for things, and the OP makes a very good point that this could just be a means of the government covering up military technology.

Why do you think it is that every video of a UFO is a dot, or looks like a kite, or an airplane, or a baloon, or likes it is a product of CGI? Out of thousands of peoples with encounters not one of them has gotten a clear shot without the camera pointing all over the place like the cameraman has some loss of control of his extremeties?

There is no need to get angry at him for his viewpoint. You will just give him more fuel to pour on your fire of anger. If you could disprove his OP with some proof that would be great. But if you do not have anything to challenge him with then maybe it is better for you to find a thread that agrees with your ideas, since some people on here seem to struggle with someone criticizing their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you.....exactly my point.. See contrary to what you all may feel about me..the skeptic is the person who wants to believe MOST.

Just pay attention. That's all.

Thanx for helping me explain.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Eloquently put! Thank you. I am THE most anxious in this whole site for the TRUTH to be told..but i want the TRUTH.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'll do it for my own sake rather than for Christ's, but using my head is precisely what launched me on the journey that has caused me to visit this site daily. I can pretty accurately say that I don't believe in anything; but to explain how that differs from nihilism is way off-topic and irrelevant, really.

However, I wouldn't come on here to talk down to folks I disagreed with simply because something "dawned on me" the other day.

I understand your anger, but you can't write this off that easily. To do that would take a bit more work.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join