It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Update!] Federal Reserve SUBPOENAED

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Federal Reserve SUBPOENAED

market-ticker.org

Those arrogant pricks over at The Fed thought they could ignore a Congressional request for information on the BAC/Merrill merger.

Note that they didn't say "nuts", they apparently ignored the request.

Well, there is now a subpoena floating over toward Bernanke's office.

More as I get updates - check this post frequently, as it WILL be updated later.

(I will pay real money to see Bernanke bent over the table with a Congressional Contempt citation, shortly followed by a bill to revoke The Federal Reserve Act. I doubt Congress has the 'nads for it, but they damn well should
(visit the link for the full news article)

Update is found here: Post on Page 1

[edit on 6/9/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I know it's not a news site, but it is worthy news.

Maybe someone will finally get their come-up-ins! (Sorry Texan coming out there.)

Benanke needs a swift kick in the butt anyway, guy pretty much ruined our entire economy. Not to mention took a sledge hammer the the rest of the worlds, breaking of 2 out of 4 support beams that are holding the world out of the flood waters.

Let's see if this is reported in the popular media and their views on it.

Remember you read it here first.

market-ticker.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

I'd love to see more info on this.

Last time I saw Bernanke getting questioned...he looked nervous to me...stumbling on his words and looked quite uneasy.

I'd love for this to gain speed. I think Bernanke knows that time is running out.

Thanks for posting...S/F tent!

[edit on 9-6-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is it weird that the possibility of justice and an audit of the fed has me a little aroused?

I doubt, assuming this is true that anything would come of it. But here's to hoping for the best; lord knows it's a long time coming.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Big deal a subpoena is sent to the Fed. They will just ignore it as they have other requests by congress for information and transparency to their dark sinister activities. They are not subject to any oversight by congress and it is part of their charter.

Bernanke to the press operators: "Keep printing don't mind the subpoena because it is going in the top drawer of my desk along with the rest of them." So this is nothing new and the congress won't enforce the subpoena. They have the same masters as Mr. Bernanke and they are doing this to show the American people that they are concerned and that is all.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Jakes51]

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think it is naive to expect this to come to anything short of disappointment.

The Federal Reserve has its impunity legislated and codified. It's charter is clear and specific about their unaccountability.

They are NOT obliged to answer any question that can be even remotely attributed to their operational practices, or data regarding their business relationships and associates.

THAT'S the problem with having a private supra-national bank cartel hold the planetary economic purse-strings.

In order for this to work, we must REVOKE the Fed charter. At this point in time, our Federal government is a contractual servant of the Fed.

Was the subpoena served? To whom?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
Is it weird that the possibility of justice and an audit of the fed has me a little aroused?

I doubt, assuming this is true that anything would come of it. But here's to hoping for the best; lord knows it's a long time coming.

It's not weird at all. Watching TPTB get smacked in the face is one of the most pleasurable things in the world these days.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
market-ticker is a little slow on the update so here goes

June 9 (Bloomberg) -- The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said it had a subpoena served on the Federal Reserve to compel it to turn over documents related to Bank of America Corp.’s acquisition of Merrill Lynch & Co.

The information was sent today in an e-mailed statement to Bloomberg.

bloomberg.com...

A Congressional committee said on Tuesday it would issue the Federal Reserve with a subpoena, ordering the central bank to hand over documents related to Bank of America’s acquisition of Merrill Lynch.

The House oversight and government reform committee said it would “have a subpoena served on the Federal Reserve” as it tries to discover whether undue pressure was placed on Ken Lewis, chief executive of Bank of America, to complete an agreed deal to buy Merrill Lynch last year.

Andrew Cuomo, New York attorney general, said in April that Mr Lewis had accused Henry Paulson, then Treasury secretary, and other federal officials of instructing him to proceed with the deal even as he considered pulling out because of Merrill’s growing losses.

Ben Bernanke, chairman of the Fed, said last month that he had offered “full access to all papers, documents, notes related to those meetings and to the Bank of America-Merrill Lynch transaction”.

However, the House oversight committee, chaired by Democrat Edolphus Towns, said the opportunity to review documents at the Fed’s office was insufficient and he wanted copies to pursue an investigation.

In a Congressional hearing last month, Mr Bernanke denied acting inappropriately and said the presence of legal staff, including the Fed’s general counsel, at meeting with Mr Lewis ensured that “everything... met all the necessary legal requirements.

www.ft.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I just watched the 60 minutes interview with him Sunday evening. I know that this may sound crazy, and I do try not to ever sound crazy, but there really is something about that man's eyes that bother me. There is just something about him that makes me very uncomfortable, and I could not stop focusing on the strange expression. Not saying he is a lizard or any of that, just saying it is like there is something really wrong.

I do hope they would ever get rid of the fed, but I don't hold out much hope.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Nice.

Could Congress actually be turning up the heat on the fed?

With all of the co-sponsors the "audit the fed" has so far, it's quite possible that finally they are starting to realize that the fed needs transparency.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Don't hold your breath too much this smells like political play for the enjoyment of an increasing very angry mob within this nations citizens.

I can imagine the opening statement with Bernanke,

(Congressional inquiring)----How are you doing today Mr. Bernanke?----

(Bernanke) ----I am still working to save the economy as you all know----

(Congressional butt kissers) ---- Yes we know and you are doing such a great job we are forever (indebted) to you, and so the tax payer.

But not to worry this just off the record, we need to keep the masses occupied you know so just go alone with the show.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Here's the Bloomie Article:
June 9 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve was subpoenaed by the House Oversight Committee for e-mails and documents related to Bank of America Corp.’s purchase of Merrill Lynch & Co. after the panel was unable to obtain them through a request last week.

The committee served the subpoena today, Jenny Rosenberg, a spokeswoman for the panel, said in a telephone interview. The panel is seeking the internal Fed documents for a hearing scheduled for June 11, and Bank of America Chief Executive Officer Kenneth Lewis has agreed to testify, she said.

CNBS is reporting that The Fed has said they will "respond", which may or may not mean "comply".

We shall see.

Go go go go!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Too bad this is political masturbation.

Some harsh words will be exchanged between the fed and lawmakers and in the end nothing will come of it as usual.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Let's hope they subpoena them for all records for the last few years

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I have heard that Ron Paul has been wanting an audit of the Fed for a while now. We just might get it now. finally some justice may be served in D.C. But I am not holding my breath.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
As nice as it is to hear of the Fed getting subpoena'd, you know all it will take is Bernanke saying, "I can't tell you. The answer will do more harm than good".

There will be no follow up. There will be a water main break somewhere in DC that will cause hours of traffic and it will plaster the news channels. The stock market will have a good day, and Wendy's will unveil a new sandwich.

The end.

Edit to add: I do love the Wendy's.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by danj3ris]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I'd love to see them audit the fed if for nothing else than to see Ron Paul get something he's been asking for for so long. Ronnie gets very little to none of the respect that he deserves from his peers.

Keep up the good work Ron and never give up the fight!

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
...But wait there's More !

The FED responds to these inquiries by hiring Washington insider and former ENRON lobbyist Linda Roberts to smooze Congress !

Bernanke merely took over the reins of the FED and it's boom and bust economic principles from none other than Sir Allen Greenspan....guess who knighted him and why ???

Queen Elizabeth II ...because she still owns the banks of Australia, Canada and the US's FED.

But I digress...here's the Bloomberg article on Roberts...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I wonder if this congressional subpoena will be as effective as the one that was placed on Karl Rove. Something tells me that if our friend "Turdblossom" doesn't need to bother responding to a congressional subpoena, than neither does the Fed.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

interesting, but is there actual proof that the queen owns the FED? I'm inclined to think that its the Pope IMHO.

<<   2 >>

join