It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is following my mail carrier?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So ther other day me and the wife and kids were out for a walk around the neighborhood. While we were out walking we seen a mail man delivering mail on foot but what caught our eye was we noticed he was being followed by some lady in plain clothes holding a little hand held device. At first I was thinking is he training or is she training but then I remembered the Census people were suppose to be coming around. So I watched for a bit, the lady following never went up to the door like the mail carrier which I thought was odd because I read those Consensus people were suppose to be GPSing our front door. Then I also noticed she did not punch something in the hand held for every house, just some. We had to turn a corner so I stopped watching.

Later that day I also seen a different lady following MY mail carrier around.

Then around 2 days ago I was driving home and I saw a lazy mail carrier driving to each house to deliver the mail and I noticed there was a car with goverment plates following behind him to stop at every house.

Yesterday in a different area by my house I noticed there was a lady dressed in plain clothes who was actually delivering mail and she also had that same hand held device in her hand. Typically in this area all mail carrier wear the USPS uniform so I thought it was weird that this lady was not in uniform and she had the device.

I thought these Census people were going to be coming to our doors and asking us how many people live with us. If this is not the Census, then what is going on? I am not saying there has to be some conspiracy behind this, just wondering what the heck these people are doing.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
What you probably saw was your lettercarrier undergoning what is known as "mail count." Everything you carrier does is measured and counted. They are quite possibly the most scrutinized workers in the world. The person following them is a member of management, either a supervisor or post master. This "mail count" is usually two weeks or a month long. During this period every piece of mail is counted, each parcel, each accountable piece of mail, boxholder, newspaper....everything. They are timed casing the mail, tieing out the mail, loading the mail, mileage is pre-measured, time for delivery, each piece of mail collected is counted. This is just a brief synopsis of what takes place every year to determine how much each particular carrier gets paid.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Im thinking its some kind of quality control thing. Following the carriers making sure they deliver appropriately, also probably done to see how they can be more efficient and save money. Its got to be annoying if your a mail carrier.
Also a note: UPS drivers are constantly on the phone with their supervisors, calling them after every delivery etc. Talk about breathing down your neck!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
Im thinking its some kind of quality control thing. Following the carriers making sure they deliver appropriately, also probably done to see how they can be more efficient and save money. Its got to be annoying if your a mail carrier.
Also a note: UPS drivers are constantly on the phone with their supervisors, calling them after every delivery etc. Talk about breathing down your neck!

also, the mail carriers they hire now don't get paid near what they used to. it's a whole different pay scale...lower of course. it's no great job any more.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i agree with the above posters,,, probably no conspiracy

i had a buddy,,, a lazy slacker,,, who got a job delivering mail,,,,

he got sick of putting all those bulk flyers in and delivering them,,,,,, so he started dumping them in an abandoned trailer,,,,,in his own trailer park,,,,,duh,,, that's how lazy he was

of course he was busted ,,,,,,the USPS doesn't have the high quality employees as in the past

more likely the carrriers on probation or something

join