It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is God bad ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i was thinking what if Lucifer was in fact the good guy and all the story's about him where just to make him look bad and make good look like the good guy....
what if the garden of Eden was in fact a sort of zoo where god kept all the animals he had made \ collected .
was it Lucifer who helped us escape by giving us the knowledge that there was a world outside the garden walls and giving us the knowledge we would need to survive in that world...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by fatdad]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Does it matter? Do you pray to a name or do you pray to a being? Do the details of what happened millenia ago change what you believe about the being you adore?

Me thinks you think too much....

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If there is a god, there is no entity more brutal and sadistic other than it's followers.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No one knows or understands god, so you cannot answer your question. We can look at ways to get to him, that's what Jesus is for.

It is easy to say what if we are on the wrong side, what if what if. All i know i do not want to be on the side of the people running the show, who ever they are.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
How do we know that god is even real.
This post will barely hold any discussion because it is so vague.
What if God is actually the devil in disguise and vice-versa ?
well then I guess satanists are going to heaven and I will still have to pay my bills.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Dr.Creagula]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It depends on your perception of God. Is God a being or is God a force of consciousness, like a master computer, that manifests in everything?

You may want to look at the Sitchin books, The 12th Planet in particular. Some say Enki in the book is portrayed as the modern day Devil. While his half-brother, Enlil, has been portrayed as a savior.

It is really only up to you in the end, because you can't be sure that you are not the only real person in the whole Universe, without some sort of faith.

edit for grammar

[edit on 6-6-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The name Lucifer actually means, "Bringer of Light".

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39089a5f28ac.png[/atsimg]

I mean it's a good debate though.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Lucifer is a fallen Angel and his name was given to him by God. Thats why it is what it is.

If you not sure about God take a look around and up in the sky! think about people, we all the same, the plants, animals stars, Gallexy.

If you still not sure watch NDE's Near death experiences. Video's

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
No-one knows if there is a God or not. I seriously doubt there is. Only proof of it's existence is the bible and the Ben Hur movie!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I think people see God differently. I do not see proof of God in the bible. I see proof of what a desired belief of God is.

The God I believe there is does many different things. Existence itself is proof that the God I know exists. The God I believe is more of a power or minfestation. The idea of the God I believe represents the existence of the known and the possibility of what is the unknown and everything in between.

I don't believe that this God offers special powers or salvation to individuals that believe, because there is nothing to believe - only things not to believe.

The origin and reason for existence and consciousness is the God I have an idea about.

Hard to describe, but definitely not a magical entity that watches over the ones who believe a certain way and ignores and punishes, because it's not an entity or being as many describe God to be.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
How can something that doesnt exist be bad? But even if he was real think about how many deaths and suffering religion is responsible for. Would a nice guy do that?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlegmi
How can something that doesnt exist be bad?

Eh, people do that stuff all the time...

They first assume that something exists and then they discuss everything about it like it actually exists.

First they assume that UFO-s and aliens exist and then they discuss mating behavior of Grays...

Fist they assume that Jesus exists and then they bicker about did he wear pink underwear while attending Last Supper or not, lol

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I've thought about this a few times. I mean it makes sense if you think outside the box. If you were trying to make man think you were never around or you arent that evil, how would you do it. Become a figure of power, set some things up to show them, I.E. Making food appear and what not, then get some dudes who saw this right a book and call you God. If I was Lucifer, I would do that. Then you were bound to get a bunch of Souls in the end. I mean in the bible it does say somthing about 144,00 will get into Heaven, which sucks, but what if they are the ones who got it right, you get it?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You sound very much illiterate with no deep experience of life and situations.
That is forgetting that your perception is shorting between high and low level.
Quite there but not really.

Cold message but with a lot of in-halts.
(To a immaturely and coldly threaded idea)

May God FORGIVE YOU!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The more that you read and re-read the Bible, the more you cannot escape the conclusion that the OP came to here. Perhaps, like Alice through the looking glass, everything is upside-down.

Maybe we've been duped by the greatest smear campaign in history. It begins to make sense if you seek a truth, without falling prey to your fear and your dogma.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Paveway27

You are falling into the trap of thinking into a smaller box.
You are way out of perceiving true meanings around you.
That is if you have that perspective....

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thElement

You reply under the name of one of my favourite movies....

It seems you did not get the full meaning of what you were watching at the time....

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaisyAnne

No matter how much you read and study the bible, if you are seeking the meaning YOU mean, then this is the only one you will find trough your perception.

I pity you all who fall into such foul perception.

I am off this thread.

Don't bother me any more......I won't be around.

God may.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
When I read the Bible, I did so from the viewpoint that you have. But, the more I read, the more I had to change my mind. My journey since then has been life-changing and rewarding.

There's no need to throw pity around here. We can discuss these things in a civilized manner, can't we?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join