It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Cops beat man for no reason...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

NJ Cops beat man for no reason...

abclocal.go.com

Last Friday, surveillance footage shows Holloway waiting outside Lawrence's restaurant in Passaic when a police cruiser pulls up and a female officer asks Holloway to zip up his sweatshirt. Holloway appears to comply, but in an instant, Officer Joseph Rios III jumps out and starts beating him.

That's not all. The video shows Officer Rios beats Holloway with his fists and his baton. The 49-year-old, who is on medication for schizophrenia, does not appear to resist but that doesn't stop Office
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is disgusting and getting way out of hand?

Watch the video here...
www.youtube.com...

First of all what the give any police the power to tell someone to zip up there freakin jacket?????

What the hell are they teaching the cops these days?

Paramedic = choke them
Skitzo = beat them
News Crew = arrest them
College Kid = taze them
72 year old Grandma = taze them

WTF aren't these police arrested for assualt at the very least? The fact that none of these officers are punished in the slightest, in fact even protected, shows to me an agenda.

They keep this up and there will be a serious backlash coming soon.

abclocal.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

[edit on 6/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Video of it...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
These cops should be made an example of.

A public flogging and a healthy amount of time in jail would be satisfactory.

Poor bloke, not only is he ill, but he has to put up with the actions of a few corrupt pigs *cough* i mean officers of the law.

POLICE OFFICERS take note: This is why you ALL get tarred with the same brush.

Either root out the bad apples from the force, or people wil start taking the law into their own hands.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
So this is where it's going to now?

If cops pulled up to me and said zip up your jacket I would never comply.
Who are they my mother?

But the guy still complied and they still jumped out of the car and beat him up.

Who is supposed to protect and serve us from the cops?

DISGUSTING!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
These cops should be made an example of.

A public flogging and a healthy amount of time in jail would be satisfactory.

Poor bloke, not only is he ill, but he has to put up with the actions of a few corrupt pigs *cough* i mean officers of the law.

POLICE OFFICERS take note: This is why you ALL get tarred with the same brush.

Either root out the bad apples from the force, or people wil start taking the law into their own hands.

Yep Public Flogging is the only way to go... these people SERVE US, from the Latin SERVUS which means SLAVE. So let's get to whippin' the SERVI who don't SERVE US, so that the other SLAVES recognize where there place is! Blue Uniforms and shameful faces...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have a friend of mine who's from New Jersey. The cops over there can be pretty heinous. Especially when it comes to a time when they confront ethnic minorities.

Also I had a colleague of mine at work (I'm a security officer) ask me to show him my knife. He asks me how much I paid for it. I told him $120. And he asked why I paid so much for it?

And then he goes on to ask me "Do you know why cops really have knives?"
I reply "I was told that you carry a knife to cut somebody who tries to take away your gun. Or to cut away a seat-belt."
And he says "No...They use them for planting on suspects."
I laugh. But he didn't.
Then I say "You're joking...!"
And he's like "No. I'm not."

My colleague is an ex officer.

[edit on 6/6/09 by Marked One]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I said it before and I will say it again...NJ IS A LOATHESOME STATE! And anything that ever came out of NJ was FOUL. It's a corrupt system there and always has been...I got out because I was harrassed by police(Stopped for turning around in my seat to make my son reapply his seatbelt)It was on AN EASTER Sunday, they made us all get out of the car and searched the vehicle for drugs because I turned around to make sure my son was in his belt and safe! The biggest part is: I never have used, distributed, or ever had drugs in my possession, EVER! I never had a police record ever(ONLY traffic fines when I was unable to keep insurance on the vehicle because they were outrageously high rates!) This was back in 2000, and it's only gotten worse there since I left. There's a lot more that I won't post here because it is severely personal, but let's put it this way, the state I moved to; Pennsylvania; threatened to bring charges against the state Of NJ On my behalf due to the situation I wont mention. Anyway another thing I couldn't drive for seven years due to those uninsured fines I got, because the fines (Which I paid) And the additional surcharges were at $5,000, Mind you I only got two of those tickets. One was for driving on the revoked list. Pennsylvania would terminate my license if I was ever revoked in NJ at any time so I had to wait to move to FLORIDA, Pay the bare minimum on my surcharges, then pay the reinstatement fee to get my license reinstated ($400) Then come to Florida and quickly before the state Of NJ revoked me again for not keeping the payment plan, get my license down here. They don't revoke in florida if NJ revokes you after you have a valid florida license, but if I ever get caught driving in NJ I can and most likely would be arrested, But I know better than to go there ever again! Nor would I want anywhere near that VILE place!!!!!

CX

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A question if i may.

When this kind of thing happens, what do the public usualy do about it?

I'm not talking about the rioting like we saw with Rodney King, i mean people like you or me if you live in that area.

Do you phone the department and air your disgust like you do here on the net? Is there anyone else you cn write to orphone to get on their cases?

Lets hope this officer is removed from duty asap, i'm sure if charged he'd be welcome in any prison.

CX.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'm in NJ, and yeah. They just do what they want and bend the rules whenever they want.
Not as bad as what happened in the OP, but don't you guys hate when you're driving, and a cop gets behind you - right on your ass (to run the plate), stays there and tries (it really seems) to get the person to swerve or something so the cop can pull the person over? You people know what I'm talking about? Damn I hate that crap!

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That video was shocking! However, the reporter says he was on schizophrenia medication. Why was he standing outside that tavern when under medication? The video shows that he was compliant by zipping up his jacket.

If he was under the influence of medication and alcohol that takes the story into a different direction. We don't know what the victim said to the officers. There is no audio all we have is he said she said about the incident. However, what officer Rios does look to be an abuse of authority. We'll have to wait and see what comes of it if and when it goes to trial.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

It doesn't matter what the hell he said the officers. If that were anyone else beating that guy it would be a felony called assault.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by Jakes51

It doesn't matter what the hell he said the officers. If that were anyone else beating that guy it would be a felony called assault.

Maybe you missed the rest of what I said? I said the video was shocking and that Officer Rios may have abused his authority with that response. We'll just have to wait and see what becomes of this incident. We don't know how compliant he really was with the officers. He may have been drunk and under the influence of medication at the time.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This guy was lucky. There was a camera there, we never know how often this happens without those. There's no change in hell that the officers partner or some other police officer would help a man being brutalized by the force.
for cops again.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by Jakes51

Maybe you missed the rest of what I said? I said the video was shocking and that Officer Rios may have abused his authority with that response. We'll just have to wait and see what becomes of this incident. We don't know how compliant he really was with the officers. He may have been drunk and under the influence of medication at the time.

Let's assume for the moment that he was drunk and under the influence. Was the officer's response appropriate???? Under ANY circumstances, it was NOT. So, while you say, let's just wait and see... I say he acted inappropriately and should be charged with assault and battery immediately. For the record (and you can check my previous posts on the subject), I am not against cops and more often than not take up for them BUT not in this case!

[edit on 6/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here we go again. The jack-boot brigade marches on and many stand by idly, pretending nothing is happening.

Of course not all cops are bad but this seems to be occurring all too frequently.

History is repeating.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Omg tell me your joking? .. what he SAID to the cop? Free speech.. as long as he didn't threaten their lives or health with violence he can say wtf ever he damn well pleases to those bastards.

If these .... cops.... don't get there force in line with what we deem acceptable, the reprecutions will be severe.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Jakes51

Omg tell me your joking? .. what he SAID to the cop? Free speech.. as long as he didn't threaten their lives or health with violence he can say wtf ever he damn well pleases to those bastards.

If these .... cops.... don't get there force in line with what we deem acceptable, the reprecutions will be severe.

I'm not condoning the behavior by the assaulting officer but we need to know the facts. If the officer is found guilty then by all means prosecute to the furthest extent of the law. We don't know if the officer thought he or his partner was threatened? Sometimes they have to make split second responses and many a times they are deemed inappropriate or callous. However, we need to wait for an investigations' findings to make any conclusions on the matter.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My oh my, is this pathetic or what! It appears in the video, the guy was complying...btu why the pigs asked him to zipper up his sweatshirt is not part of police protection..not like he was walkin around with his pants down, ya know? That fake wanna be self proclaimed officer lokoed pissed as he chared the civilian..notice how he used his nightstic on him, and the guy showed no force or violence? just the police officer did! Indeed, i hope this goes to court...i hope BOTH cops get prison time, and the victim sues for $$$ out of the state nad/or city of NJ, till its bankrupt.
Its is truely sad, when maybe people should leave or abandon a city or state, becuase the pigs are that corrupt...
funny how government lieks to keep an eye on us, the public, but does nothing at all, abuot corrputed police citys. very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Sorry, but you are wrong: this cop is guilty of felony assault under the color of authority, felony battery, kidnapping, and perjury; his partner is an accomplice in all that. Plus civil rights violations.

It doesn't matter what the man said or didn't say: the cop's actions are quite clearly overly aggressive and unlawful. Too many cops demand extremely submissive responses to their demands or they will attack for "disrespecting an officer".

I'm sick and tired of police apologists who excuse all sorts of illegal behavior with desperate pleas to "wait and see"...sorry, but wait and see what? How twisted they can get in excusing police crime? We just did see, but give them a week to "investigate" and I'm sure the guy will be found to have been "acting in a threatening manner" and thus is guilty of forcing the cop to beat him.

Locally, an off-duty cop shot a mother and her young son in a road rage incident:

www.sandiego6.com...

Another local off-duty cop ended the career of a pro football player he shot after chasing him from the freeway to a residential area in his civilian vehicle and confronting him in civvies with a gun, neglecting to mention he was a cop, all because the cop thought a drunk driver might get away.

Please, after a while it gets nauseating. Quit making it easy for them: demand the "good cops" arrest and prosecute the "few bad apples" or admit that they are accomplices through failure to enforce the law equally.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by apacheman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join