It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the purpose of the Matrix movie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
It is interesting how nobody had anything to say except the moderator.
I have never seen any website tell about the hidden reference to the New Kingdom. Nobody is mentioning this except me.
I just let you in on something very important and you flatlined.
You basically just don't get it.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aero
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

That's happened to me multiple times in my life. Sometimes it happens years later. During high school I had a dream about what my first day of college was. Well 3 years later I found myself walking into the room I had dreamt of with the desks chairs and projector just like I remembered them. The most important part that triggered my memory of the dream was the light. In all of the instances this has happened it's always been the light.

I never saw anyone else post about something like that happening to them on here I just thought I was a bit touched.

You'd be surprised by how many people who actually have dreams physically come true. I think it's far more common, like salt. Then we tend to believe.

As for the Matrix and the being a reference of the Egyptian Kingdom based on the dates, it could very well be. Writers as you know take in a variety of references, and it's easy to sample any historical date, set a time in the future based on any desired numerical outcome to a historical date in numerology. I think lots of writers are still hip on numerology to this date and we will see more of it in the future.

Staying on topic with the Matrix. Neo undergoes a journey into Wonderland when he ingests the red pill. Before that journey, Neo may as well have been just like all of us right now, unawakened, unaware of the greater reality.

Metaphorically speaking, there is some truth to this transformation, and when we start to break down reality into subjective observed states, the very nature of our consciousness is mastery of virtual reality simulation.

You see, we dream. It's a little known fact, and when we sleep we can take the red pill, and go on a grand journey through the greater reality, but if we take the blue pill, we stay unaware of our dreams and just wake up to a seemingly detached, dreamlike physical reality.

The movie even clearly taps into this when Morpheus asks Neo if he ever had a dream so real, that he could tell if he was dreaming or not?

Do you ever have dreams, where you don't realize it's a dream and you think it's real, up until the point you wake up and realize that it was a dream?

Maybe the writers of the matrix wanted to ask Neo that question, because in reality they wanted to ask you.

I want to ask... are you dreaming right now?

But that's because I am not Morpheus.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Remember "Artists use lies to tell truth, rulers use truth to tell lies."

For most, the reaction is "YAH. ITS A HOLOGRAPHIC UNIVERSE, SLO MO BULLETS... AWESOME"

Fine and dandy. You live a comfortable life skimming on the surface.

Its a movie right, all lies.

Then for some its a symbolic tour de force, capturing the same "whats it all about feeling" as the bible,pyramids, Sistine chapel etc..... As it should be, it was made by an artist channeling the same emotions with the same intent of telling us something that cant be said. "You cant be told what the matrix is, you have to experience it for yourself".

You cant hear the tree fall if you aren't there (but don't tell that to the CERN guys)... and you can hear it, but the pineal gland is off limits because ATS's "drug free america" sponsors might take a hike.

You cant be told what the pyramids are for, you have to figure it out for yourself.... and like any good piece of art, the meaning behind the symbolism will grow as the audiences understanding of the world around them grows.

Oh, and if you haven't guessed what kind of viewer I am...I'm in the "KICKASS EXPLOSIONS" camp.. jk

[edit on 6-6-2009 by SneakerChimp]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Ever since Orson Welles' tryout of War of the Worlds, we've been inundated with sugar-coated stories that hide very real facts underneath.

The biggest part of the cover up is to make the public believe that all movies are simply made up. The audience will become disinterested in the subjects as a result.

Since post-WW2, Hollywood exceedingly became the propaganda outlet for the military establishment -- movies are psyops tools. As if that hasn't been learned from the Germans.

The Matrix is somewhat the ultimate, overarching movie in the long history of psychological efforts to dissuade the public. How can it not: its story is that Earth has been destroyed in the past, and we're living in a holographic replacement of it.

------
Earth is a hologram

[edit on 9-6-2009 by sunode]

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
And what about the date in his passport? a hoax?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDutch

NO...

If you have not seen this video... I hope you do.

(A movie mad for entertainment & money?........ Not the Matrix, and many other Big Budgt Hollywood films.)

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think its purpose was to draw a correlation between virtual reality and enlightenment. A new and clever take on the possible future in keeping with the exponential growth rate of technology. Machines run our lives, virtually! Very clever and intriguing...Also the names of the characters reveal alot. Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, etc. I read someone's blog that went into detail about the names chosen for the main characters. I'll try to find it to post.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Now we're getting somewhere. But still nobody has mentioned the reference to the New Kingdom. No website has revealed it. This is an ATS world premier.

Movies are definitely being used for purposes other than entertainment and making money.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

I'm no expert but have read a few interesting things related to energy manipulation and the societies that grow up around them. If I understand correctly, the supposition is that in order to complete an energy matrix for a specific purpose, and if it involved bystanders, they must be made aware in some way for the process to achieve fulfillment. In other words, if I am planning on opening an energy vortex to allow etherical beings access to this dimension, I must first make it known. Using symbology to express my intent would be in line with this theory.

Are the Matrix and other movies informing us about the plans about to take place? Could be.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
To Allow the world to see how much of a bad actor keanu reeves is.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The Matrix was made to entertain and reference the bible and make paranoid (the whole trilogy).

In the following it leads up to the matrix conspiracy I have. Neo in the 3rd movie gave his life to save the people of Zion (bible reference with Jesus and Zion was in bible). The oracle turned out to be bad and thus referenced the False Prophet of the bible and the machines or Mr.Smith represents the Anti-Christ and other things.

HAB is a type of red algae and in the movie XXX they use a machine to kill called AHAB.

Red algae has domoic acid and saxitoxin that kills and causes amnesia and paralysis. There is no cure and can't be destroyed by freezing.

In the demented cultish anime Mnemosyne they say they will use the domoic acid from the red algae to help spread the 'seeing god' unlucky disease which is evil. They said that people would flee to Australia and places like Taiwan because that is where the birds will go and in the anime and bible it says the birds will be misleading (revelations).

Australia has something to do with Zion some religious or cultish people believe it is Zion in the bible even though Zion has not yet been cleansed according to the bible. These are parts of my own conspiracy theory.

In the Matrix they resembled parts of the bible because of the oracle who was turned out to be bad in the other films is like the False Prophet in the Bible and they have Neo resemble Christ for giving his life to save those of Zion and Zion is in the bible.

What inspired the matrix was the Occult series Ghost In The Shell and in the first movie the spontaneous life form of the net seems to really be satin or something evil (it is called the 'puppet master') and it tries to spread it's mark through the mostly cyborg person Motoko to spread more life forms on the net by combining with her. In their newer film Innocence they quote the bible and have it odd.

I have many more conspiracy theories. Dream Works is evil and owns Ghost in the Shell now, and in the anime Mnemosyne it tries to incorporate religious aspects and is evil. The main character appears good, but says she isn't. None of them are.

Mnemosyne includes a flower from hell that makes people paranoid. In Batman Begins they use a flower to induce fear and also try to spread it through water vapor like in Mnemosyne and the movie XXX. Shrek (Dream Works) also has a blue flower and may be a hint like other things.

I have more proof and conspiracy theories.

Oh, and someone thinks the following is true so if you choose to post it 5 times it would be funny to copy the bunny and put him on his way for world domination with it too. And warn of the world happening conspiracies with it to spread your own information or warnings to help people with what will happen in the future.
=D
=)

(\ _ /)
(='.'=) Copy and paste this Bunny
('')_('') into your profile to help him gain
world domination!
WHEN U R READING THIS DONT STOP OR
SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN! MY NAME IS
SUMMER I AM 15 YEARS OLD i have BLONDE
HAIR, MANY SCARS no NOSE OR EARS.. I
AM DEAD. IF U DONT COPY THIS JUST LIKE
FROM THE RING, COPY N POST THIS ON 5
MORE SITES.. OR.. I WILL APPEAR ONE
DARK QUIET NIGHT WHEN UR NOT Expecting
IT BY YOUR BED WITH A KNIFE AND KILL
U. THIS IS NO JOKE SOMETHING GOOD WILL
HAPPEN TO U IF YOU POST THIS ON 5 MORE
PAGES. (THIS IS NOT FROM ME BUT I HAVE
TO SEND IT CAUSE I FEEL SCARED OFF
IT.. SO I DID WHAT IT SAID..YOU SHOULD
TOO) “PLEASE DON’T GO!”
(\ _ /)
(='.'=) Copy and paste this Bunny
('')_('') into your profile to help him gain
world domination!

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The Matrix was just a great thought-provoking sci-fi film. Just like Donnie Darko

not to say it doesn't contain truths ...

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029

Originally posted by VonDutch

NO...

If you have not seen this video... I hope you do.

(A movie mad for entertainment & money?........ Not the Matrix, and many other Big Budgt Hollywood films.)

Just a yes or no would be good, not a bad music youtube movie.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The Matrix depicts our lives as they really are.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The question I had after watching the first movie, was if the matrix was

real would you want to be unplugged? see reality for what it was, or

continue being plugged into the matrix and enjoying an illusion of what

you precieved to be real?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join