It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge arranges sterilization as part of Charleston woman's probation

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Actually it is not a term of her probation. As making it a term of her probation as stated above would be illegal for several reasons. However she may have been coerced into the procedure which is of great concern from a civil liberties point of view. But who cares about the civil liberties of a person that would dare to posses marijuana. Cheers to that over some beer and whisky.

If you ask me, and you probably won't, but if you did, i'd say it has more to do with the fact that she's a terrible mother who's having children at an alarming rate and she doesn't do squat.

Im so sick of people standing up for people like that. It's so trendy to stand up for a white trash baby factory who's milking welfare and contributing to our crime rate.
I can't wait for that trend to go away.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Yes, she is white trash. Without her, poor black people would see that their own welfare mothers are on the chopping block and scream racism. Chances are with a descent education instead of a dumbed down education she would have been more employable. If she had an intact family, instead of a broken one, which is what the miserable elites encourage, she would not have thought it acceptable to have children outside of marriage. People are deliberately dumbed down and turned into trash so the elites can sneer at them and say poor people have no right to exist. The elites create the problem so they can offer their outrageous solutions.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
While I agree in what most people here are saying, I find it unbearable that useless sacks of # are given more welfare money to continue producing more and more useless sacks of #.

We don't need it. We don't want it. I say get those tubes tied.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Well, in fairness to the lady who men want mutilated, she was trying to be indendent. She was selling a herb which has many therapeutic and medicinal uses ,but gets a bad rap because only stupid slobs seem to use it. The herb really shouldn't be illegal at all. The woman was a budding entrepreneur. She was capable of independent thought, so naturally statists like the judge want her out of the gene pool.

Ethical doctors will refuse to carry out this procedure on the lady; tubal ligation is not proper punishment for selling weed.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

If you ask me, and you probably won't, but if you did, i'd say it has more to do with the fact that she's a terrible mother who's having children at an alarming rate and she doesn't do squat.

And how do you know this? Because you read an internet article that implies it? You don't know this lady, you have no clue what she does or doesn't do, and you have no idea what she is or isn't.

Im so sick of people standing up for people like that. It's so trendy to stand up for a white trash baby factory who's milking welfare and contributing to our crime rate. I can't wait for that trend to go away.

Trendy? It is your job to defend the liberties of those you despise. When a fellow citizen loses one of their rights you lose it as well. I wish it were a little more "trendy" to defend civil liberties. Unfortunately the trend is to support the degradation of our Country and everything it used to stand for.

EDIT TO ADD: BTW what you are an advocate of is called eugenics. You may have just found the solution to the "white trash" problem. Hitler found it to be a partial solution to his "Jewish problem".

[edit on 6-6-2009 by harvib]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

wow, your post has a trend as well:

emo arguments. Everything is "feel good" and can't be debated unless you want to be "evil" after all, how can i, against you, debate my side of the coin unless you're going to call me hitler, lol. Nice standards.

Eugenics is forced on people.
This woman had a choice.

There is a difference there that is so fundamental that a 2nd grader could pick up on it.

Why do you refuse to recognize that difference in favor of politicizing this argument?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

It isn't about her drug habits, its about the fact that she has three children outside of wedlock that she cannot support by herself.

And mutilate? They aren't going to hack off her tits with a chainsaw, ffs. I'm sure it will be a surgical procedure, you know? With anesthetic and everything, probably.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

against you, debate my side of the coin unless you're going to call me hitler, lol. Nice standards.

No one called you Hitler. Just pointing out that Hitler also saw value in Eugenics.

Eugenics is forced on people. This woman had a choice.

I feel like this argument is disingenuous. Acceptance of a "choice" in lieu of imprisonment really isn't a choice. It is like the old monarchy's "choice" of admitting your guilt or remaining imprisoned. Would you consider that admission of guilt unforced?

Furthermore are you to say that you would support sterilization as a term of probation for all "criminals"?

[edit on 6-6-2009 by harvib]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

The woman was bullied by the judge. The whole thing is now a public spectacle. This is a classic eugenics operation. Regardless of whither I like or do not like the lady I do not want judges to become too comfortable with this behavior.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Kill those potential babies through abortion, forced sterilazition or whatever means available that people will go for. Do it now and often. Next year we can add the infirm and unproductive. Heck, we could add all kinds of things to the list huh!
What has this country come to?!

nineteen eighty-four 1984

video.google.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
reply to post by eradown

It isn't about her drug habits, its about the fact that she has three children outside of wedlock that she cannot support by herself.

And mutilate? They aren't going to hack off her tits with a chainsaw, ffs. I'm sure it will be a surgical procedure, you know? With anesthetic and everything, probably.

The idea that tubal ligation does not effect a woman in any way is just a lie put out by the eugencists. I could describe how fertility and youthfullness are closly related in women and how sterlizing procedures can lead to early dementia in women ,but I am sure it does not matter to you what becomes of a poor woman labeled trash.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

You're right, what matters to me is that there is plenty of free contraception out there and this woman was so freaking thick or selfish that she wasn't capable of using any, three whole times. Any idiot who keeps making the same mistake needs sterilizing, apparently for their own sakes.

My sympathies do not lie with her, because she does little to engender them.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Get used to it.
There is more to come.
When people will not live their lives responsibly there comes a time when enough is enough and something has to be done.

I'll bet all you people who so strenuously object to this are the same ones who are screaming about high taxes, too much welfare and inner city crime.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What I find fascinating is this:

According to the people who say this is a great idea, we shouldn't have a President Obama right now.

You know, this poor african woman who couldn't afford to have a baby?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
reply to post by eradown

You're right, what matters to me is that there is plenty of free contraception out there and this woman was so freaking thick or selfish that she wasn't capable of using any, three whole times. Any idiot who keeps making the same mistake needs sterilizing, apparently for their own sakes.

My sympathies do not lie with her, because she does little to engender them.

What makes having babies a mistake? Babies are beautiful gifts/blessings from God. The world could use more of them. Maybe if people were not so callous, babies would not be dehumanized as "mistakes."

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy Nutz
What I find fascinating is this:

According to the people who say this is a great idea, we shouldn't have a President Obama right now.

You know, this poor african woman who couldn't afford to have a baby?

Obama's mother was white. His father was part Arab and part African. He's actually tri-racial instead of bi-racial.

Are you saying Obama should have been aborted? Please, clarify.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
A lot of peoples how their true colors on threads like this one.

I agree that there should not be forced sterilization. However, I think that in cases like this, or as a prerequisite to welfare, sterilization should be forced.

It's not forced. It's part of the deal. Get your tubes tied and go on probation or stay in jail.

People liek this woman should not be allowed to reproduce anyways.

When people will not live their lives responsibly there comes a time when enough is enough and something has to be done.

These opinions have been fermented by years of hateful rhetoric by the right wing directed at the most vulnerable segment of society. It's cruel to blame society's ills on the people who are most affected by them.

I have a hard time believing that people who have such a strong distaste for, of all people, SINGLE MOTHERS, are righteous enough to pass judgement.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanDaughter
Kill those potential babies through abortion, forced sterilazition or whatever means available that people will go for.

If you believe sterilisation of women kills babies I'll know next time how seriously to take your assertions that abortion kills babies.

Sterilisation prevents the removal of embryos by ensuring no embryo can be conceived. It does not kill anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
Are you saying Obama should have been aborted? Please, clarify.

What I am saying is that I find it disgusting that people want to sterilize someone just for being poor. If that were the case, we would have no President Obama.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
The idea that tubal ligation does not effect a woman in any way is just a lie put out by the eugencists. I could describe how fertility and youthfullness are closly related in women and how sterlizing procedures can lead to early dementia in women ,but I am sure it does not matter to you what becomes of a poor woman labeled trash.

Sterilisation by tubal occlusion, (tubal ligation,) should do nothing to affect the health of the woman. The ovaries can work just as well after the operation, producing exactly the same hormones as before, and menstruation should occur as normal. And if you had PMS beforehand you'll still have it afterwards.

However some women are complaining of what is now called Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome.

Post tubal ligation syndrome (PTLS) is a term that has been used to describe a variety of symptoms - such as increased menstrual bleeding and cramps, headaches, irritability, and mood swings - reported by some women following a tubal ligation. It is debatable whether post tubal symptoms constitute a true syndrome. Studies have reported conflicting conclusions about whether such symptoms are more common among women who have had a tubal ligation than among women who have not had a tubal ligation. The women who describe the onset of symptoms following tubal sterilization, however, are convinced that their symptoms are real and that they began after their tubal ligation procedures.

I'm in my mid 50s, had a tubal ligation at 30, and I still need a big block of chocolate and a box of tissues once a month. I feel young, have no wrinkles and certainly no dementia. The only difference it's made is that certain activities are more enjoyable because they are no longer accompanied by fear of pregnancy.

The likeliest explanation, imo, for some women not faring so well is that during the operation some doctors may accidentally damage the blood supply to the ovaries, causing them to degenerate.

There is also the possibility that grief over losing the potential of further babies, or the losing of one's self image as a fertile woman, may detrimentally affect some women.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join