It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do we need to shave?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
why cant men use a cream to remove beard hair just like the cream women use on there legs \ arms etc. then after a few minutes they just rinse away the hair.. this cream kills of the hair and keeps the hairs growing for a few weeks..so why cant men get a cream to do the same thing?..just think once every 2 weeks rubbing some cream on your face \ beard area and then a simple rinse to remove the hair and thats it for another 2 weeks....no more 5 o'clock shadow or your wife \ girlfriend saying your stubble is giving me a beard rash when kissing....maybe there's to many company's making money of shaving products to allow anyone to market a cream...... any thoughts

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I totally agree, it's logic.. When companies make money of something, other companies will never present an alternative. No doubt there's a conspiracy going on. Oh wait........

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You can go and use Nair. At the college that I went to, the guys weren't allowed to have facial hair. My roommate put Nair on his face and didn't worry about shaving as much as the others.

Or you can just not shave--I hardly do.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
eh, why not just use the cream marketed to women, hair is hair.

the reason they don't recommend it, at a guess, is because the chances are high that it might get in your mouth, up your nose or into your eyes, which is probably going to do some damage considering the stuff melts hair.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

I shave my head as well as my face, so I relate to the question.

I've tried nair and similar products in small control areas, and they're insufficient to remove my beard hair. PLUS, as an added bonus, give me a rash.

Not willing to go to the expense of elctrolysis, not going to yank it out with wax or any of those other forms of self-inflicted contemporary torture, so have to pay for overpriced razor cartridges. Used a straight razor for a couple of months, until I sliced my cheek pretty deeply.

Good question. I guess skin over the legs are just tougher than that on the head.

OR, actually, a thought that has higher probability of being true --- [most] women are tougher than [most] men.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
eh, why not just use the cream marketed to women, hair is hair.

the reason they don't recommend it, at a guess, is because the chances are high that it might get in your mouth, up your nose or into your eyes, which is probably going to do some damage considering the stuff melts hair.

It smells really bad too! I used it on body hair when I used to bodybuild. I have thought of trying it on my face as well. They do electrolosis on facial hair.

I am sure Nair will work on facial hair, but I wonder how long that smell would stick around so close to your nose?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

There is nothing neater than the facial beard in it's various phases to some ladies!

I know the daily routine is kinda lame, but there's something a lot of us girls just find so....sexy....about facial hair.

And when it's removed after a period of time - it's sexy smooth.

It's one of those things guys can do that is just so darn neat! Have fun with your fur! Play around with it. See how it looks/feels for you and your lady.

*personally - my hubby can get up to 1/2 inch of stubble before it gets "too tickly" to kiss. The five o'clock shadow is sultry, and about 1/8th of an inch is like furry fur fur and so soft and nuzzly.

Sorry - got off topic.

Nair might not work because of your skin type. I know it burns the heck out of my legs....so putting on the face is a definite no way.

By the way - do you know how many girls love watching thier guys in their bathrobe/towel shaving after a shower? A bunch.

[edit on 6/3/09 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
we don't it's purely for asthetic reasons.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The same reason most women don't use that stuff. Razors are less painful, smelly, messy, and quicker.

Long time ago, I tried that sadistic little wand that actually pulled the hair out of your legs. The tears would not stop flowing due to the pain.

Razors are the winner.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Well without turning this into a naughty story lets just say my wife complained about all she had to go through, hair removal wise while we men didn't have too... Agreeing with her point of view I allowed her to coat me with some of that hair removal cream... you can get past the smell but if left on to long you get one heck of a chemical burn! trust me I walked bowlegged for a week... no sir been there done that have the tee shirt as proof... its good old fashioned razors for me buddy!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Agreed it has nasty side effects and considering if your hair is more course than a females it takes longer and will cause chemical burns.

The second is razor bumps even though they are called razor bumps they occur with chemical hair removal also.

I tried nair when I use to lift weights all the time. It worked great but needed to be left on longer than a female to remove the hair so did cause a bit of a chemical burn. But the worse part was the majority of my hair then became ingrown hairs I looked like I had some type of ancient plague. Never touched the stuff again.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
That cream stuff might work on very fine hair. As it is one razor shave for my Sasquatch face kills a razor.

I clip my beard down to stubble on Sunday and let it grow all week.

In the Fall I let it grow until Spring.

Around Thanksgiving I start keeping my keys and wallet in there it's so thick.

Razor shaving everyday is for Nazi's, young executive types and metrosexuals.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

There IS a cream to remove men's facial hair.

In boot camp they gave it to the guys with sensitive skin.

Many of the sensitive skin guys were black, you might check out the ethnic hair products section of your local department store.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
That cream stuff might work on very fine hair. As it is one razor shave for my Sasquatch face kills a razor.

I clip my beard down to stubble on Sunday and let it grow all week.

In the Fall I let it grow until Spring.

Around Thanksgiving I start keeping my keys and wallet in there it's so thick.

AHHAHAHAHAHAH!

I totally agree. Dam Metro's!

I have the thick, course, key carrying type also. 5 o'clock shadow at noon if I shave everyday. The less you shave the slower it grows.

I have to shave for my job, but I have it down to the perfect science. I shave about 3 times a week. Monday morning, Tuesday night, and Thursday morning. My boss almost never notices, and the few times anything is said, I just come up with a witty remark. I also keep a razor and creme at work (and a tie, lol) for emergencies!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
why cant men use a cream to remove beard hair just like the cream women use on there legs \ arms etc. then after a few minutes they just rinse away the hair.. this cream kills of the hair and keeps the hairs growing for a few weeks..so why cant men get a cream to do the same thing?..just think once every 2 weeks rubbing some cream on your face \ beard area and then a simple rinse to remove the hair and thats it for another 2 weeks....no more 5 o'clock shadow or your wife \ girlfriend saying your stubble is giving me a beard rash when kissing....maybe there's to many company's making money of shaving products to allow anyone to market a cream...... any thoughts

Fatdad, have you ever smelled that stuff? As far as I am aware, these cosmetics companies perfume their products to make them more desirable for the consumer. How toxic must that stuff be that it still stinks like a poisonous gas at point of sale?

Remember that anything you put on your skin, or inhale, will enter the bloodstream. Nasty. Also, could cause skin to erupt (long term dermal sensitisation). That would make a little outbreak of barbers rash look like a walk in the park on a sunny day.

Also, with the smell and rash, the chance of your loved one wanting to get passionate, or even be in the same room as you, would be slim.

I know that a lot of men do have problems shaving daily with a razor. If you do suffer from barbers rash, try to have a day or two in the week when you don't shave. Also, I would recommend a good shave oil with essential oils and jojoba oil in it. You could alternate between your usual foam/gel and oil throughout the week, experiment and find what works best. Good luck.

IMHO, a 5 o'clock shaddow is so sexy, but a bit painful for passionate marathon snogging sessions. Where beards and stuff are just disgusting, even to look at.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You're just jealous because you don't have a beautiful brown nonlumpy skull like mine

young executive....... nope, more like old yeti
Nazi...... never
metrosexual? no, but I am epicurious.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just wait until you and ThisGuy start loosing your hair on top, especially if it's curly. I don't believe the Bozo look was one that I favored, although my size 14 feet were probably pretty compatible with that *cough* style.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by getreadyalready

Just wait until you and ThisGuy start loosing your hair on top, especially if it's curly. I don't believe the Bozo look was one that I favored, although my size 14 feet were probably pretty compatible with that *cough* style.

I think I'll be lucky in that regard. I am almost totally grey at 35, but no hair loss yet, and my dad still has most of his.

Oddly, I have very little body hair. Just the face and head are out of control.

My brother has a baby face, but his body is complete gorilla. I believe a waxing session would kill him dead! I can grab a handful of hair, through his clothes, anywhere on his body! It is the source of immense entertainment for an older brother!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I just use my hair clippers whenever i can be bothered, sure it leaves a nice stubble but thats sexy right? It takes less than a minute to cut through a beard that would take anywhere upwards of 30 mins to an hour depending on smoke and drink breaks. Just use you hair clippers its so much easier.
But Beards are where its at anyhoo

[edit on 3-6-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

Its a mild acid that will burn the hell out of your face!

Go for it! and yes men can use it if you desire?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join