It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Negative Ions Lead To Positive Health And Vibes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I felt like sharing this with Ats since I felt many people could benefit with this. Just so happens that the air purifier sitting on my desk has a built in ionizer, though it wasn't intended for this purpose, it does work!

Negative Ions In The Air

Today, our modern homes and offices seal out negative ions. Computer terminals, fluorescent lighting, forced air ventilation systems, and modern building materials generate an over abundance of positive ions. Positive ions make us feel tired, depressed and irritable. Balancing the ionization in your home may help to combat the ill feelings associated with our stressful lifestyles. The worlds most tranquil and refreshing regions are loaded with billions of negative ions. Air near waterfalls, mountains, beaches and forests are among those places where ionization levels are in complete and natural balance.

Source

(The site states their own sources as well)

Negative Ions In Food

There is information all over the net on negative ions if you search for it.

Enjoy!

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Scarcer]

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Scarcer

Really cool. I wonder if Ionic Breeze's are the same type of thing you are talking about?

My buddies in college had one of them in their room, and it always seemed more fresh in there than in our room without one.

Also, I definitely believe the waterfall and natural spots stuff. Just go hiking somewhere spectacular and there is no doubt about the good feelings.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Yeah, moving water is supposed to make negative ions, I suppose that's why showers are so refreshing and make good "think time" lol. But the ionizers in most air purifiers are built for collecting dust and clumping particles in the air, so the output probably isn't quite optimal.

Some day when I got the cash I'm going to purchase an actual ion generator.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Aw sad lol, I thought more people would of had interest in this. Gotta have some good news/info once in a while right?

Ah well, maybe I just posted it at a bad time.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
just finished installing one (desk model) in every room. i thought it would smell like lightning, but i guess that's ozone. (hmm, maybe get ozonizer? or use the one from my reef tank??)

anyways, it has a faint constant 'dry burning' smell to it. on each unit. hope thats normal.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Sorry, but there is no such thing as a negative ion. The positive and negative attributes in electromagnetic theory are heuristic devices used to model effects of relative charge in a simulated mathematical field. All charge is repulsive, it's only ever 'negative' in respect to another source of charge - negative/positive is a way of understanding relative field density.

I have no idea what an ioniser does. It's extremely unlikely the person who sold you it does either.

I presume it just uses HV to create a very localised plasma? Thing is, that's almost certainly also going to set fire (very small fire) to whatever happens to be floating in the air. skin cells, chemicals, living organisms etc.. Is that a good thing? Think I'd rather just go out to the waterfall.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Welcome to ATS.
I am afraid you are mistaken. All one must do is google "negative ion" to see that they do indeed exist.
From wikipedia:

"An ion is an atom or molecule in which the total number of electrons is not equal to the total number of protons, giving it a net positive or negative electrical charge. The name was given by physicist Michael Faraday for the substances that allow a current to pass ("go") between electrodes in a solution, when an electric field is applied. It is from Greek ιον, meaning "going."

An ion consisting of a single atom is an atomic or monatomic ion; if it consists of two or more atoms, it is a molecular or polyatomic ion."

peace

edit on 25-8-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
im already noticing a clear, freshness to the iindoor air. supplemented with lush indoor plants, and daily light vacuum of the floor, i love it! does feel energizing after coming in from breathing outdoor nyc air which is the equivalent daily dose of smoking a pack of cigarettes every day (sounds extreme, but its scientifically researched & true).

heres some info from eHow:

Purpose of an Ionizer

An ionizer is a type of air purifier that cleans the air of dust and debris that can be harmful to breath or aggravate a person's allergies. It pulls the particles out of the air or causes them to stick together to get rid of them. Once they are inside the purifier they are trapped. It accomplishes this by a process know as corona discharge. This charges the particles in the air so that they are attracted to the air purifier and sucked into it.
Ionization

The Ionizer emits a small electrical force field, called the corona discharge, which affects the molecules in the air. Air molecules start out as neutral molecules, with an even number of negative and positive protons and electrons. As they pass through this electrical force field, it knocks off an electron, causing the molecule to become negatively charged. For other particles, it may add a proton, causing the molecule to become positively charged.
Metal Plates

There are two metal plates inside the ionizing purifier, one with a positive charge and one with a negative charge . As the molecules pass by the air purifier, the charged protons and electrons are attracted to the charged plates. Once they are sucked into the purifier by the force of attraction, they are trapped. For the particles that become charged but are too far away to be sucked in, they eventually become attracted to each other and the combined weight of so many particles cause them to fall out of the air and to the ground.

Read more: How Does an Ionizer Work? | eHow.com www.ehow.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

"An ion is an atom or molecule in which the total number of electrons is not equal to the total number of protons, giving it a net positive or negative electrical charge."

Hi

I didn't say ions don't exist, they do. What I said was that the positive and negative attributes given to them are the outcome of a heuristic mathematical device.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

As they pass through this electrical force field, it knocks off an electron, causing the molecule to become negatively charged. For other particles, it may add a proton, causing the molecule to become positively charged.

There are two metal plates inside the ionizing purifier, one with a positive charge and one with a negative charge

Yeah, it's an air filter (no bad thing, especially in a city) which creates a plasma which non selectively changes the structure of the air molcules. ^ states it creates both negative and positive ions. How do you know you got the right ones?
edit on 25-8-2011 by yampa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join