It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and Cryptozoology

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
GH - Your welcome, I'm a voracious reader of anything, and I used to do work for the CFZ here in the UK and so I'm deeply interested in Cryptozoology, but more in the paranormal (altho the guy who runs the CFZ is also of the opinion many of these things are thought forms or paranormal in nature so we're very linked in beliefs).

I have a background in the occult, which I guess makes me more open to belief in strange things, but that does not inherently discount the belief in God, I mean he says trust him. When you're a kid your dad might say don't stick metal in a plug socket, he doesn't tell you why or what electricity is, you have to trust him - so why can't there be stuff that isn't explained to us, to him I believe it states a 1000 years is a day so he's still watching up trying to toddle hes not worried we're gonna be stickin fingers in plug sockets yet (oh how he has no idea!).

The daemons I was referring to are se'irim and the shedim the latter I believe is the more 'bigfoot' type, they were shaggy, stank, ape-like, humanoids, that would retreat from man. Pan and the mythos of these goat-beast 'gods' are supposed to be related to them.

EDIT: Sorry its the Seriim that are 'goat daemons', the amusement is I can read hebrew but I was too lazy to think about it. The Shedim are the 'bull daemons' which are exactly like the lamia as described as being attendants to Quetzl and many others (see below).

On a sidenote : Quetzl is referred to in MANY places as being bearded, white robed, etc - exactly like Jesus in fact, or a phonecian in appearance, which is VERY odd, given that indians had NEVER seen a white man, and MANY of the earths pre-history stories contain these people, often accompanied by odd daemonic things (lamia or in quetz case, I believe they were made into Thunderbirds for the Olmecs).

Here's a copy of Grahrams book online:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 13-8-2009 by ejsaunders]

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ejsaunders

I never knew

posted on Jun, 30 2022 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Englishfellow

wish this was longer

posted on Jul, 7 2022 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The OP brought up a good topic. Too bad it was seasoned with what I take to be a bias against the opposite viewpoint...or at the very least, it was delivered that way. Of course the opposing view was well written with a nitpicking style and perhaps bias as well. Credit to the OP for a lot of well presented hard work.

Couple of points.

I'm not buying what the theory of Evolution has been trying to sell me. As for Carbon Dating, I would not bet the farm on its accuracy.

It comes down to choices, and faith...regardless of which way one wishes to go on this...and in life, far more.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join