It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Friend was attacked in Panama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I really don't know if this is the correct forum but I would like to tell you guys about an incident that happened just 2 days ago to a friend of mine. I definatly think it is a story of survival. My best friends husband is retired Navy and now works as a government employee on a military cargo ship. There is a rule when they pull into port and go ashore that there are to be at least 3 guys together at all times. Well the other night there was him and just one other friend walking down the street when the one guy was attacked by a guy that ripped his necklace off his neck. My friend started shoving the guy out towards the street where the incident could be noticed (pretty good move I think) and as he was doing that another guy came hurdling over a wall with a large rusty machate! Thank God a cop was near by and shot his gun up in the air to scare them off. Which it did. I think if you are in that type of situation and not allowed to carry a weapon that is a smart thing to do. I am sure from most womens point of view that screaming would have been better, but men are macho
Anyway, just wanted to share.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm glad your friends are ok. I've personally never had any problems in Panama. All I can say is that the would be robbers are lucky they didn't try that in the states - the cops would have shot them.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
You are absolutely correct. In the states, the cops would have shot them or arrested them. And then the robbers would have run away, or joined the cops in the donut shop!

join