It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gibbs vs. UK press Lashes out at British media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Gibbs vs. UK press
Lashes out at British media

www.politico.com

Robert Gibbs swatted down reports in British newspapers that suppressed photos of prisoner abuse included graphic ...

... images of torture and rape – and took a hard shot at the overseas media.

“I want to speak generally about some reports I’ve witnessed over the past few years in the British media. And in some ways, I’m surprised it filtered down,” Gibbs began. “Let’s just say if I wanted to look up – if I wanted to read a writeup today of how Manchester United fared last night in the Champion’s League cup, I might open up a British newspaper. If I was looking for so
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/5/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
So basically he's saying the UK media are lying and that the photos aren't bad. Haha what a load of BS.

I say that the UK media should offer the photos to the public.
Make them accessible in all their gruesome glory. So that the world can see what the cost of freedom means.

Let's see the Whitehouse douse that fire.

Frankly I'm surprised but I know that I shouldn't be.

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/5/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

If they have seen them then they should release them. If they are going by word of mouth then I hate to say it, I'm with Gibbs. Something this serious should be backed up with proof.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Does anybody else get the feeling that Washington and London aren't as close as they use to be?

They seem to rub each other the wrong way as of late IMO.

As far as the pics, the Whitehouse already admitted the pics exist. They might as well release them rather than leaving everyone to their wild imagination.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
If waterboarding isn't torture then i'm scared to wonder what's isn't rape!

[edit on 28-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think that London and the White House are tighter than ever. With Congress denying the shut down of Gitmo imagine this scenario...

Obama to Prime Minister: Hey say there you think you can do me a favor?

PM: Sure what up old chap?

Obama: Well my Gitmo plan got shot down you think you can say that you saw the pictures and they are horrific? Yes i know they are of Abu Ghraib but this will put the general idea of how horrible these prisons are and will generate public support and media support for me.

PM: what the hell old boy we will give it a go might get lucky and the sheeple wont even realize that they are different places...Plus we dont even have to show any actual photographs!! great plan.

Just a thought

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by drift393

I got to get give you credit for that post. That is one scenario that never crossed my mind. The two working in cahoots so Gitmo can be shut down for good.

starred

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Does anybody else get the feeling that Washington and London aren't as close as they use to be?

They seem to rub each other the wrong way as of late IMO.

As far as the pics, the Whitehouse already admitted the pics exist. They might as well release them rather than leaving everyone to their wild imagination.

OBAMA

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If it's an issue, I strongly believe rape is torture in a very ugly way.

It also seems like much of the UK isn't to happy with the US, but then again most of the US isn't happy with the US.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Is the difference over political things or because Obama snubbed the British PM when hew came to visit?

I'd be upset if I gave someone a priceless antique and they gave me a couple of DVD's (they I can't play) from the 99 cent bin at Walmart.

new topics

top topics

join