It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"North Korea is a threat to the world" = Propaganda!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Watching the massive amount of news coverage surrounding North Korea here in Europe at the moment and listening to the threats that have been emanating from the US towards NK for the past few months..

I just wanted to point out to people that this is very likely to be propaganda emanating from the US/EU led westernized countries.. who as we all know, at the moment, run the world. This could be for a number of reasons.. the most likely in my book is to create a tighter Global network or allies and economic partners and create another war in order to continue westernizing the world... Killing two birds with one stone by forging stronger alliances and wiping out opposition.

We are all being lied to again in order to convince us to support a possible new war against N Korea This is Iraq and Afghanistan AGAIN!

North Korea would easily be wiped out by China or Russia should they ACTUALLY become volatile enough to be a destabilizing force in the region.. the main reason for all their posturing is because of the US sanctions, condemnation and threats for things that any sovereign country has the right to do.

I don't agree with the North Korean regime or their Human rights issues or anything to do with their country in fact.. but it looks obvious to me what is going on here... A non democratic, weak rogue state is being roughed up yet again by the usual powers that be and consequences will be absolutely terrible for the civilians of that country but we will all be convinced that we are doing the right thing "For the safety of the world" when in fact.. us westerners are the ones to blame.. especially the US government..

If North Korea deserves to be destroyed because of the way it acts and the instability it is bringing to the region.. especially the threat to Japan and South Korea.. How come Israel doesn't deserve to be invaded for the exact same reasons? Simple.. because the west backs Israel..
That makes us all hypocrites.

Obama’s notion that it takes the entire world to stand up to N. Korea is mind-boggling, but this mind-boggling idea pales in comparison to Obama’s guarantee that America will protect “the peace and security of the world.”

Is this the same America that bombed Serbia... and pried Kosovo loose from Serbia and gave it to a gang of Muslin drug lords, lending them NATO troops to protect their operation?

Is this the same America that is responsible for approximately one million dead Iraqis...

Is this the same America that blocked the rest of the world from condemning Israel for its murderous attack on Lebanese civilians in 2006 and on Gazans most recently ... has covered up for Israel’s theft of Palestine over the past 60 years, a theft that has produced four million Palestinian refugees driven by Israeli violence and terror from their homes and villages?

Is this the same America that is conducting military exercises in former constituent parts of Russia and ringing Russia with missile bases?

Is this the same America that has bombed Afghanistan into rubble with massive civilian casualties?

Is this the same America that has started a horrific new war in Pakistan, a war that in its first few days has produced one million refugees?

“The peace and security of the world”? Whose world?

Link

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If there would be oil, natural gas or any other valuable natural resources in North Korea, then the U.S military would have 'liberated' the north korean people aeons ago

This is just typical media fear mongering, what happened to svine flu anyway?...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by scordar
What happened to svine flu anyway?...

It wasn't profitable enough and you cant invade it

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
North Korea threatens South Korea with Nuclear Attacks. It starves its own people, forbids them to travel freely, dress freely, use the Internet freely.

And the U.S. are the "bad guys"?

Right.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes
North Korea threatens South Korea with Nuclear Attacks. It starves its own people, forbids them to travel freely, dress freely, use the Internet freely.

And the U.S. are the "bad guys"?

While the quote said the US are the worlds destabilizing force.. I haven't said that here.

The west doesn't care about the North Korean people so there is no point in bringing that up.. Noone will go in there just to free the oppressed peoples of NK.. even though if the war starts, we will be told that that is one of the main reasons.

Also.. and this is the most important fact.. The reason North Korea is threatening South Korea is a direct result of US threats and condemnation over the past year.. the US began meddling and winding up Japan, then Japan began threatening and NK began Posturing.. then South Korea backed US sanctions and NK threatened to attack if SK or the US detained any of its ships illegally..

Which is any sovereign countries right..

As I said, I don't agree with anything to do with North Korea.. But blindly believing and supporting everything we are being told about the situation is stupid because much of it is obviously either A. Propaganda or B. News with the North Koreans side left out.

[edit on 28/5/09 by Dermo]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Yes, a crazy little man with nuclear weapons is no threat.

Yes, this little man is part of the Communist Regime, along with China and Russia (wonder why they don't do anything . . . hmmmm)

Yes, this little man has threatened countries that the US has sworn to protect.

Yes, this little man has ignored UN sanctions.

Yes, this little man is helping Iran (who Russia is also helping, along with China . . . coincidence?)

But the US is the bad guy.

Yes, me thinks you have a screw lose, to be honest.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Propaganda maybe ???

Smokescreen is a better word.

Israel ?????????????

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ELPRESADOR
CARE????????
NO another #ing useless thread.

Yea, I forgot noone was entitled to their opinion anymore..

If you don't like it, get lost and dont bother making a stupid comment...

God forbid someone might try to create an alternative perspective about something on a site like this

But the US is the bad guy.

Yes, me thinks you have a screw lose, to be honest.

Please point out to me where I said that in this thread.. I said Westerners are wrong overall with the way we are going about all our bullying..

So what you are saying is.. you don't agree that there is any propaganda being directed towards any of us in regards this situation? You believe that previous to all this Nuclear testing and threatening crap - North Korea didn't have the right to test any missiles or do a plethora of other things without being threatened by the US and various allies in the area?? When everyone else IS allowed to do these things..

Screw loose..? I know I have a screw loose but that doesn't change the war in Iraq.. does it? Same story isn't it? Almost exactly..

AS I HAVE SAID TWICE ALREADY.. I DON'T AGREE WITH ANYTHING TO DO WITH NORTH KOREA.. IM TRYING TO POINT OUT THAT WE ARE BEING TREATED LIKE MOGS AGAIN IN ORDER TO GET ON THE SIDE A POSSIBLE WAR WITH NORTH KOREA..

I think all of you people should learn how to read TBH and not make your replies based on one or two sentences that might have stood out as you scanned through.

[edit on 28/5/09 by Dermo]

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer

Propaganda maybe ???

Smokescreen is a better word.

Israel ?????????????

Yea, possibly.. I lump all that stuff into the category of propaganda.. especially once it comes out over MSM.

The Israel thing is to make a point of how we are defending similar actions by another nation.. I have nothing against Israel.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm kind of surprised we haven't taken care of this situation a long time ago.

If the leaders of NK were taken out I'm not sure the people would even know what to do lol.

There is a documentary on NK the only one I'm aware of where westerners were allowed to film inside the country. Maybe someone knows the title of it here.

The people go to church and at the front of the church is a giant picture of Kim they sing praises to him, bow before the picture and also kiss it and talk about how great he is. According to the film makers a good majority don't even know what is outside of NK. Or at least they don't admit to it.

They did find a couple people that talked to them off camera and told them the reason they do this is because if anyone appears to not approve of Kim they are reported then they are hauled off and never seen again. They also said there is a problem of neighbor a doesn't like neighbor b so he informs the authorities that "b" is not a supporter and he disappears.

At one point they almost lost their equipment because govt. officials followed them everywhere and told them what they could and couldn't film. From what I can remember hey never did address how they were able to talk to the folks who talked off camera possibly a member of their team wandered off for a while or something I don't know (bathroom break maybe?).

Kim reminds me a lot of Saddam just keeps his people a lot more isolated it appears.

Hence the reason it has always made me wonder why we haven't taken care of that in the first place if we are melding in everyone else affairs why not theirs too? Just makes the war for oil argument that much more plausible.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

Exactly, Those people are in an unbelievable situation in this day and age.. Could you imagine trying to invade North Korea? Everyone would be completely defiant of any invasion force..

Every other country knows this.. any invasion force would be hurt badly so Nukes are the only real option..

And to use nukes without a public backlash.. the people have to be scared into calling for their use.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Watching the massive amount of news coverage surrounding North Korea here in Europe at the moment and listening to the threats that have been emanating from the US towards NK for the past few months..

I just wanted to point out to people that this is very likely to be propaganda emanating from the US/EU led westernized countries.. who as we all know, at the moment, run the world. This could be for a number of reasons.. the most likely in my book is to create a tighter Global network or allies and economic partners and create another war in order to continue westernizing the world... Killing two birds with one stone by forging stronger alliances and wiping out opposition.

Yup, I was in fact thinking about this today. I suppose the next thing we'll hear is the usual rant about "weapons of mass destruction" and a lame reason as to why "we" (which tend to involve a largeish number of western countries) just so definitely has to go into NK at this very moment.

On the other hand NK doesn't have oil, energy or any other valuable natural resource making it far less likely to happen.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Kudos & s/f for taking the dots and connecting them.

You are spot on in you observations and analysis.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Ditto.

You've got a crazy little man with a whole country who worships him and who also has major nuclear ambitions. He definately IS a threat. For anyone to to say otherwise is also crazy.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

We are all being lied to again in order to convince us to support a possible new war against N Korea This is Iraq and Afghanistan AGAIN!

Yeah they are lying alright.
Lil
Kimmy is just doing his part for the NWO.

I don't agree with the North Korean regime or their Human rights issues or anything to do with their country in fact.. but it looks obvious to me what is going on here... A non democratic, weak rogue state is being roughed up yet again by the usual powers that be and consequences will be absolutely terrible for the civilians of that country but we will all be convinced that we are doing the right thing "For the safety of the world" when in fact.. us westerners are the ones to blame.. especially the US government..

The North has for decades ISOLATED themselves. The only ones who should really be blamed for their starvation, Poverty and lack of openness is themselves.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by xxpigxx
He definately IS a threat. For anyone to to say otherwise is also crazy.

Once again.. I never said he wasn't a threat..

I said he wasn't a threat to the world as Obama and our leaders are saying.. Read the title.

My point is that there is also a lot of modernized propaganda being directed at us in regards making us think that North Korea will destroy the whole world so we will be ok with an attack on it.. North Korea can only hit South Korea with their missiles..

AND if the US hadn't been trying to rough them up in the first place.. none of this would have happened.

How are people still picking me up wrong? Im after saying this at least 4 times in really really simple english.

reply to post by SLAYER69

Hello Slayer.. we meet again
As always.. disagreeing with each other

As before.. read what I said above.. you are picking me up wrong.. you can also re read the OP if you would like to see where I said this stuff in the first place.

Also.. governments oppressing their people have never been cause for an invasion by western forces.. Unless there is oil there of course... and that is a fact.

And since when has isolationism been a reason be hostile towards a country.

I completely see your point and it is correct but you are missing mine completely..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

North Korea threatens South Korea with Nuclear Attacks. It starves its own people, forbids them to travel freely, dress freely, use the Internet freely. And the U.S. are the "bad guys"? Right.

forbids them to travel freely, dress freely, use the Internet freely.

even in the USA land of the free , nothing is free , money is needed for travel,clothes,internet

It starves its own people

there have been major natural disasters in north korea which led to destruction of of its hydroelectric power infrastructure and failure of crops several times ,also the Western nations refused to help north korea , when it was begging for help . the govt of korea is stupid , but west is no less evil too

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98
there have been major natural disasters in north korea which led to destruction of of its hydroelectric power infrastructure and failure of crops several times ,also the Western nations refused to help north korea , when it was begging for help . the govt of korea is stupid , but west is no less evil too

Finally, someone with a bit of sense in this thread lol

While the North Korean regime is amongst the worlds worst.. We.. ie. "The West" have been provoking it for the past year.. especially the US. Their reaction just shows how crazy they are.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

North Korea would easily be wiped out by China or Russia should they ACTUALLY become volatile enough to be a destabilizing force in the region.

Interesting. Why would you assume that China or Russia would intervene?

It appears that both countries have been supplying NK with what they need to do their nucs and launches. Why would China and Russia want NK to back off?

China and Russia, esp. China appears to be encouraging NK to do their dirty work!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join