It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duval County Sheriff and State Attorney office responds to blogger lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Duval County Sheriff and State Attorney office responds to blogger lawsuit

jacksonville.com

Rich's April 27 lawsuit claims his constitutional rights to free speech and anonymity were violated when Detective Robert Hinson "fabricated" a criminal investigation to obtain a subpoena from Assistant State Attorney Stephen Siegel, which Hinson used to uncover Rich's identity.

Rich maintained the anonymous blog fbcjaxwatchdog.blogspot.com since August 2007, using it to criticize Pastor Mac Brunson on everything from salary to ministry decisions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If you are familar with the city of Jacksonville, you know that First Baptist Church is the de facto leader of the city. In essence, the blogger in this story called out the Church on it's suspicious activites and the general message the pastor was preaching.

A member of the congregation at the Sheriff's Office opened up an investigation to gain the blogger's identity. Once again, another reason not to mix politics and religion.

jacksonville.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
amazing................. i live in fl and i know duval county is very corrupt... this just nails it in the coffin for me

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Those of us in Duval county have known that JSO shoots first and ask questions later, and if the answers don't match what they want to hear, well the newly uncovered evidence will.

We do have a few decent officers, but the corruption, as in a lot of places is rampant.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is a Florida problem, period. A white reporter at the Leesburg paper was forced out last fall after she correctly reported misdeeds at the Mount Dora Police Department. They trumped up drug charges against her black boyfriend in revenge.

Orange County is the worst of the worst, they openly beat people and no one cares.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

What part of Jacksonville do you live in? I grew up on the Northside and the cops there were the definition of "pigs." One time when I was 14/15 abunch of us were playing basketball and a cop pulled up and threatened to arrest us if we didn't let him search for drugs.

This however is taking this to a whole new level. It has been obvious First Coast Baptist Church and the city have been in bed together forever. However, now they used city resources illegally to obtain the identity of a man calling them out?

I wonder if this will end up becoming the city's own Watergate. Perhaps this was just one small piece in a much larger puzzle.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I live in Duval country and have experienced first hand the gestapo known as JSO(Just Shot One) and their prison industrial complex. This doesn't suprise me at all, the corruption in Duval/Jacksonville is alarming, I just pray some good comes out of this and some those abusing their authority get what they deserve.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

Northside as well, all my life that i have lived in Jax, not counting the 15 years spent living around the world.

Yep the JSO has always been corrupt, but as I also sead we do have a few good officers, and fortunately i happen to know a couple of them, only if that would rub off on the powerhungry corrupt remainder would this city ever change. Until then the northside is quickly being turned upside down and into another arlington

join