It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright UFO Appears Near Shuttle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   

A bright ufo appears in background near Shuttle filmed May 19 2009. Just goes to show you that some unfiltered stuff does make it through NASA TV.

Nasa might not tell the truth about ufos but they sure like to record them on video.
Thanks for this one Nasa! Let the debunking begin!

Here is the video...
UFO Near Shuttle

Here is a snap shot[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54c509f4b0d7.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Chovy]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
So how does this look different from the moon rising out from behind Earth's limb? How many different kinds of prosaic stimuli do you have to learn about before you can begin to filter out any signal -- important anomalous observations, if any -- from the overwhelming noise of normal shuttle-generated debris and celestial background?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
One has to seriously ignore or overlook the myriad normal things on all the NASA videos that get eagerly posted on here every 10 minutes or so before taking a huge leap and asserting that most of this stuff is UFO/Aliens.

I want to believe as much as the next person.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

No, Im not paid by nasa. I actually hope these things are real ufos.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
So how does this look different from the moon rising out from behind Earth's limb? How many different kinds of prosaic stimuli do you have to learn about before you can begin to filter out any signal -- important anomalous observations, if any -- from the overwhelming noise of normal shuttle-generated debris and celestial background?

Nasa will tell you its space debris or the moon rising, because even they dont know what it is. Therefore they must lie about it.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Can we be certain its not Venus?
Obviously its too far to be the moon but far enough to be a planet. Venus being the next brightest object in the sky.
Some will say "well it doesnt look round (like you'd expect the planet too...) but this looks very similar to when I see Venus in the telescope. It usually disappoints because I can get Saturn and Jupiter to look perfect. But Venus...always fuzzy.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It has the outline of a disc shaped object. Does not look like venus.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by Chovy]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here is Venus at half phase....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a718a1f99f8d.jpg[/atsimg]

Perhaps the disk shape you are seeing is due to it being in one of its many phases.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by spikedmilk]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
sorry, edit failed...

Phases Of Venus

Since its orbit takes it between the Earth and the Sun, as seen from the Earth, Venus exhibits visible phases as same as Earth’s moon. Galileo Galilei was the first person to observe the phases of Venus in December 1610, an observation which supported Copernicus's then contentious heliocentric description of the solar system. He also noted changes in the size of Venus's visible diameter when it was in different phases, signifying that it was farther from Earth when it was full and nearer when it was a crescent. This inspection strongly supported the heliocentric model. Venus (and also Mercury) is not visible from Earth when it is full, since at that time it is at superior conjunction, rising and settings are along with with the Sun and so lost in the Sun's glare.

www.spacestationinfo.com...

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
Can we be certain its not Venus?
Obviously its too far to be the moon but far enough to be a planet. Venus being the next brightest object in the sky.
Some will say "well it doesnt look round (like you'd expect the planet too...) but this looks very similar to when I see Venus in the telescope. It usually disappoints because I can get Saturn and Jupiter to look perfect. But Venus...always fuzzy.

It would be helpful to locate the daily activity plan for the shuttle on that date, determine the time by noting that the RMS is releasing the OBSS, and seeing what the shuttle orientation is, and hence getting an idea of the line-of-sight of the camera field of view. Then it can be compared to the celestial sphere in that direction.

Seems to me that would reflect genuine investigatatory research.

Anybody care to try? Or is it too ha-a-a-a-ard?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Of course this video of the STS-125 and Hubble undocking has been manipulated by
the guy who made the upload to disclosetv or whatever website. This is unfortunate
because by manipulating the original footage he disqualified himself this sequence.
I'll explain.

1- The first images are a compositon of two different transmissions of the same
event but at different times. To the left is the original tuesday May 19 broadcast of
the Hubble undocking BUT this guy accelerated the speed four times to give the
images a theatrical effect of a UFO. At normal speed that light or star or whatever
takes a very long time to describe the movement wich is consistent with a star or
planet or maybe a satellite. The point is by speeding up the video this guy was in
fact disguising the real movement of the light because he knew very well may reveal
the real identity of the light, so obvious. Complete manipulation of the footage.

I insist that historical data should not be manipulated, tampered, edited, overdubbed
etc. just to get a theatrical effect in order to convince people of something. The
action in this STS-125 footage didn't happen the way this guy pretends happened.
By doing this he left a lot to be desired.

To the right is a sequence recorded inside Atlantis cockpit by one astronaut just when
they are undocking the Hubble but this sequence was broadcast hours later that when
the event took place, just as a replay from a different view. This guy just mixed the
two sequences into a split screen to give more spectacle to the video. But he cheated
in my opinion by not giving the real reference of the footage AS IT happened.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Huh. Another point of light against the inky blackness.

This one isn't even blown around by an RCS thruster to really make things exciting.

Oh well, have fun making-up your own story about what it is.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The topic of this thread is NOT "Other Members"

Any further Off Topic comments about ANY other member will result in a warning.

Thank you

Semper

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same light ship in this thread here, the shape is somewhat similar, though admittedly in both cases they are in all fairness, bright white blobs.

Some may not want to admit it, but why can't these shuttle UFOs be the same craft being called in by our very own ATS membership? Like it or not, we have contactees / witnesses here on the ground and orbs seen in the sky with regularity. I would be willing to wager these are the same orbs captured on video with virtually every shuttle mission.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join