It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open the Camps - Obama Is Said to Consider Preventive Detention Plan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
OMG!!!

So this guy is going to close GITMO, which houses foreign terrorists, in order to appease euros ....

But then he's going to open up camps in America, to hold Americans, who are engaging in activities that he doesn't like.

Obama's much worse than I thought he'd be. MUCH WORSE.

OMG!! I'm in shock. (and that's hard to do!)

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by merkaba93

Wow, just wow, I have to admit I am feeling Nostalgic here,
some Bratwurst and German beer, some songs about the Rhineland...

I hope none of you look like you might someday do something
that might someday be a crime or you may be detained because
you could possibly do something that may at some future date
be a crime.

ROFLMAO !

Oh, we got some Hope and Change coming, Achtung Baby !

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
WAKE UP CALL PEOPLE!!

This is it.

"Preventative Detention"???!!?!?!

No.. "Preventative Detention" means more than simply holding on to a terror suspect because he can't be tried due to international treaties and you want to get some info...

"Preventative Detention" means jailing someone to prevent them from committing a crime.

Thus the name : "Preventative Detention"...

Anyone here seen the movie Minority Report?

Time to WAKE UP! Wake as many people as you can.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I cant find the words which would be printable here.

All i can say is LISTEN TO ALEX JONES. THE MAN IS TELLING THE TRUTH.

Indeed, the left right paradigm is looking more fake everyday.

It is all a contrived US vs. them football game.

The ppl running the game are two sides of the same coin.

As bad as this new law looks, the worst is yet to come.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hey ... you think he'll put all the people sick with swine flu in these come fall when it mutates and starts massively killing people? hmmm ....

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
What makes me laugh is when stories like this turn up, the Obama lovers rapidly disappear.

Message to Obama lovers - THERE IS NO POINT IN DENYING IT ANYMORE! HE IS JUST ANOTHER HEAD ON THE HYDRA. CUT IT OFF, AND MORE WILL COME AND TAKE ITS PLACE!

I feel for the awakened American people - it's going to get very messy over there - especially as religion is going to be used as a weapon in the coming civil war. Brother will fight brother, families will split, children will be made orphans.

The worst part is - none of it is necessary.

The Para.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm stunned... literally.

Indefinite detention, with no trial is anathema to everything the Founders stood for.

And I cannot believe that Obama would pursue such a course.
Cheney... Bush... sure. But Obama? Jeebuz Christ ridin' a Big Wheel!
Talk about buyer's remorse!

I'm going to be ill.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wish I could say I was suprised. But then, there are a few of us that have been screaming about this for how long now?

Justify this Obamatons, come on this thread and explain to me and everyone else how this is for the greater good. Tell us how it's all nessecary for progress. That is what you all call yourselves right? "progressives"?

Progressivly stupid, useful idiots. That is all you will ever be.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by aravoth]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I wonder, do you think they are using George Orwell's 1984 as their operating manual?
I'm waiting to see who the thought police are going to be - are those the boy scouts?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You know why we must worry about this?

The CIA and other government agencies would already be able to detain any REAL suspected terrorists, despite this law.

Making something like this "public" just opens the doors for easier prosecution of the innocent.

This is not only against the innocent until proven guilty ideal, but also freedom of speech, and the right to liberty.

There ISN'T a need for this. Its that simple.

It's easier to abuse a friend than a foe... - Remember that everyone.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkaba93

WASHINGTON — President Obama told human rights advocates at the White House on Wednesday that he was mulling the need for a “preventive detention” system that would establish a legal basis for the United States to incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried, two participants in the private session said.

“He was almost ruminating over the need for statutory change to the laws so that we can deal with individuals who we can’t charge and detain,” one participant said. “We’ve known this is on the horizon for many years, but we were able to hold it off with George Bush.

Not to pee on an Obama is Hitler parade...but what is "Almost ruminating"?

It is the opinion of one (unidentified of course) participant that he is "almost" considering the idea? This anonymous source must be near psychic.

Please...I am no Kool-aid drinker, but I do know it comes in all flavors...not just "Obama the Messiah".

It's like no one is interested in critical analysis of our news stories anymore, we just swallow what is fed us never tasting the bias.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
They keep using this term "incarcerate terrorism suspects who are deemed a threat to national security but cannot be tried"

what exactly is preventing them from being tried?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I try and cage the rage within me but after reading something like this and then realizing what the patriot act does I am drawn to the immense gravitational void of anger. How does a 7.62x39 round sound? Would you like it in the face PTB when trying to detain me and calling it terrorism as you have with so many others?

Everyone can be considered a terrorist and this is just a ridiculous excuse and rationalization for them to detain anyone, and I mean anyone who is a supposed threat. Now a supposed threat is me, you and anyone who likes to think freely. I'm not gonna be detained without a damn hell storm and I feel I'm not alone in this feeling. What is even more enraging is the fact that this has been planned from day 1. As the pages unfold, patterns emerge that anyone can notice.

Not the end of rant...........

Edit for: Just can't quite explain how upsetting this is and for grammar.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
this reminds me of something i saw on slaveuprising.com, 2000 years ago the romans put fourth an idea to mark slaves with white wrist bands, a senator stated this was a bad idea because then the slaves would see just how many there are and would from together and revolt. how is locking up people they think are a threat any different?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I wonder if he is going to go with the plan formulated by Bill Ayers and the Weathermen that postulated that 25 million Americans would have to be killed because they wouldnt support the New Order. Today it would be close to twice that number due to population growth.

Seems everything people claimed Bush was Obama is...

and we really cant gamble on getting rid of Obama because the line of succession is as follows

Joe Biden
Nancy Pelosi
Robert Byrd

We are so screwed...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by djzombie
what exactly is preventing them from being tried?

Probably expedient torture and death.

If we haven't had any "terrorist" action against the U.S., IN THE U.S., since 9/11, why is this necessary? 'They' must be planning.............errr.........I mean expecting something big. I guess when people find out that the access to their money, and subsequently their ability to survive and provide for their families has been cut off, they may resort to "terrorist" like measures. And understandably those people should not be given due process.

Peace

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
When the camps start filling up people like us will have to do something about it. Well, I can't tell YOU what to do, but I will begin my program of liberating these camps and I HOPE you will too.

Vas

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Based upon the comments levelled against an Iranian American complaining about being stalked and harassed in the US by the security services as he has written on ATS I will copy them and say that you are all delusional.

Further still, I will ask why would the authorities put red blooded Americans in prison camps for no reason? I conclude anyone thinking of this possibility may in fact be a paranoid schizophrenic on the basis that I knew someone who had a habit of putting on a rubber dish washing glove on his head, cluck like a rabid cockerel and tried to mount the hens in his chicken coop while speaking of such conspiracies.

Here is the link to the ATS'ers story;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Ya know what MayB...
I didn't really look at this as critically as I should have.

Thanks for slapping some sense into me.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hope this is just some lunatic spewing bias. If not, I'm looking for houses in Canada.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join