It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican gang dressed as police frees 55 prisoners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

About 20 gunmen wearing police uniforms arrived at the prison before dawn in 15 vehicles and freed 53 prisoners, including at least 27 believed to be drug traffickers with ties to the powerful Gulf Cartel.

Amalia Garcia Medina, the state's governor, told reporters that there were indications that prison guards and their superiors, who had been detained for questioning, may have been complicit in the raid.

Footage from security cameras inside and outside the prison indicated that guards helped the armed gang, she said.

"It's clear to us that it was a perfectly planned operation with inside help because it lasted just five minutes and not one shot was fired," Mrs Garcia said.

Full Story

It's like the wild west all over again.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

About 20 gunmen wearing police uniforms arrived at the prison before dawn in 15 vehicles and freed 53 prisoners, including at least 27 believed to be drug traffickers with ties to the powerful Gulf Cartel.

Amalia Garcia Medina, the state's governor, told reporters that there were indications that prison guards and their superiors, who had been detained for questioning, may have been complicit in the raid.

Footage from security cameras inside and outside the prison indicated that guards helped the armed gang, she said.

"It's clear to us that it was a perfectly planned operation with inside help because it lasted just five minutes and not one shot was fired," Mrs Garcia said.

Full Story

It's like the wild west all over again.

Whats weird is that this is already being discussed, I have seen the thread. But I cannot find it with search feature.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
yea, I searched before posting but found nothing so posted

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well well done for pulling it off

just a shame that its not going to help us, it tells you how serious these guys are tho maybe mexican police might try abit harder to catch or stop their cirmes

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Only in Mexico folks. Now somebody tell me again how illegal immigrants are just poor honest people looking for a job.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Only in Mexico folks. Now somebody tell me again how illegal immigrants are just poor honest people looking for a job.

On January a father killed his 2 year old son because he owned his ex-wife $4000 of child support.

What do you want me to say?

Only in the US folks. Now somebody tell me again how parents in the US care more for their family than money.

Do you get my point?

How can gang members helping 53 criminals escape a prison have to do with all illegal immigrants? How?

On Topic:

It's bad that this happened because there are now more criminals in the streets but this is not rare in many countries.

Sometimes even earthquakes help prisoners escape.

That happened in Peru one time.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Really? Out of the many reasons you could use to justify being against illegal immigration you use this topic, you could not be more far off if you wanted.

+5 to the criminals for pulling it of (lets face it, its pretty damn cool... movie-like almost). -5000 to the authorities who allowed something like this to happen. Have they not seen a decent Hollywood film?

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

All I gotta say to that is, wow.. You've rendered all your posts useless. If you seriously think in ways as shown above.. You couldn't possibly have a valid opinion on anything.

new topics

top topics

join