It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morphing balloons??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Not sure if this have been posted before, I sure couldn't find it anyway.

Someone have made it a little bit easier for us to see what this is by rotoscoping the video.

If this is metallic or not, I don't know.
But if it is a balloon, it seems to morph rather strangely. Never seen balloons do this before.

We sure have some weird stuff flyin around in our atmosphere that's for sure.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have seen it before and have always dismissed it as a bunch of balloons. But seeing the stabilized version, I am not so sure anymore. The lobes of this thing is also not a consistent shape and it shows flashes of orange light at times.

It could be CGI but I would say. Definitely not Balloons.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Could be wrong, but given the movement, shape and reflection I think it looks like a whole bunch of those silver crescent moon shaped baloons.

Like these perhaps: pic

Some kid is probably crying his eyes out at his jelly & ice cream birthday party.

[edit on 14/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So glad to see a stable video .. if only everyone else took the time to do this.

Very interesting object.. it's movements are very odd.

Thank you so very much for finding and posting this.. I'm doing a little research right now for a thread idea and this bit of video is almost the 'icing on the cake'.

Watching it reminds me of the film 'Evolution', where they are watching the little creatures swarm and multiply under the microscope..

But here, we have a soundtrack, other people, helicopter.. but that does not mean that this could not be overlayed. The only thing 'wrong' with this vid is that we have no view of trees or buildings or anything with which to gain an approximate size, distance etc..

nice find though..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The way its moving is alot like a transformer does from the transformer movie, it just keeps on transforming very cubicly

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wish there could be somewhat better focus on this video. But I agree, I wish more people could take some time stabilize some videos.

So much more enjoyable to watch them then and less chance of getting epileptic seizures =P

And yeah, it sure looks like a transformer robot transforming. =)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
Not sure if this have been posted before, I sure couldn't find it anyway.

Someone have made it a little bit easier for us to see what this is by rotoscoping the video.

If this is metallic or not, I don't know.
But if it is a balloon, it seems to morph rather strangely. Never seen balloons do this before.

We sure have some weird stuff flyin around in our atmosphere that's for sure.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Akezzon]

Don't pay attention to this video Akezzon, this was a hoax planned and executed by
an individual named James Carrion in complicity with an individual named Ruben
Uriarte both from MUFON. They released a bunch of balloons to the sky just to deceive
a skywatcher using cheap and regrettable tactics. Already denounced here.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You have a link where "evidence" of any kind are provided?

Cause sure, it could be balloons, but the way it moves is just a bit to odd.
If this is a hoax I can't see it being anything else than balloons. But the movement is just to weird.

personally I never put to much weight on someones claiming to take the blame for a hoax.

A hoax should be just as much proven as anything else.
I am not saying you are wrong, but I would like to read and see where this comes from.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah go away and stop spoiling ake's glory of finding something lol
your just a disinfo agent *sarcasm*

[edit on 14-5-2009 by WhatsHappening]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akezzon
You have a link where "evidence" of any kind are provided?

Cause sure, it could be balloons, but the way it moves is just a bit to odd.
If this is a hoax I can't see it being anything else than balloons. But the movement is just to weird.

personally I never put to much weight on someones claiming to take the blame for a hoax.

A hoax should be just as much proven as anything else.
I am not saying you are wrong, but I would like to read and see where this comes from.

Sure Akezzon. Check the video revealing the balloon hoax by the hoaxer himself Ruben
Uriarte and his cynical laughs.

video.google.com...

There are several threads on this story. This is the most intense.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatsHappening
Yeah go away and stop spoiling ake's glory of finding something lol
your just a disinfo agent *sarcasm*

[edit on 14-5-2009 by WhatsHappening]

Were you saying something WhatsHappening?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
wow, your just one of those people who just dimms down something somebody says, very childish and jealous

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Balloons with electrostatic sparking.
Are we sure these people haven't read a Tesla patent about
balloon suspension of his top loaded antenna.

Same ol' high voltage in the sky messing with peoples minds.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Ok, well perhaps it is balloons. But again, he only states he was the one deploying them. That doesn't really make it a fact though.

So for me this will remain unknown still.

If the images only was sharper, then you probably could see right away if it was balloons or not. They have a striking resemblance though.

But I am not totally convinced.

As I've said before in other threads, you need SOLID proof to KNOW what it is, otherwise you can only speculate or believe it to be a phenomenon with a logical and natural explanation or you could believe it to be something else.

Personally I CHOOSE to believe all unknown flying artifacts to be something else but natural, for one reason only.
IT IS MORE FUN & EXCITING!!!

But to convince me that it really IS a natural phenomenon you need to make me KNOW. And only solid proof can do that. =)

So for me, this remain unknown.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
After reading the other posts and viewing the clips, I am also of the belief it is balloons. This does not detract though of how good a clip it actually is. I watched Akezzon clip and did think "What the...!"

Thank you Akezzon & free_spirit !

S&F

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's time like these I wish I had a 1080P HD camcorder do capture these moments. It's extremely hard to examine footage like this. This video was probably filmed in a low resolution, then the quality was further reduced when it was uploaded to sites like YouTube. It creates to many artifacts like jpeg compression.

This video could show something ordinary like balloons or extraordinary, but it's seems it's has a bit of both. It's frustrating because you can neither debunk it or prove it. Why can't people just upload the original file they recorded to a site like rapidshare/ megauload instead.

Also, using the footage in editing programs like Microsoft Movie maker only reduces the quality even more. Why do people insist on ruining their videos by putting in stupid intros and music.

IT'S SO FRUSTRATING!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

absolutely balloons!!i seen the episode there was also a vid of the guy who shot the footage saying it was balloons ...nothing to see here

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradiselost333
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

absolutely balloons!!i seen the episode there was also a vid of the guy who shot the footage saying it was balloons ...nothing to see here

Well for a UFO they would have to be ball or round shaped lightning
from electrostatic discharge. I have a youtube video on that.
Light mistaken for balloons is still possible.

The sides of these ship have rows of anodes that gather up charges.
Even the vertical walls of the Belgian Triangle have the direction
mechanisms.

A ship of flat surfaces is an interesting concept.
Any of the three sides might have a row of lights that would look
like balloons.

Balloons can be mistaken for the round electrostatic light displays
as these things emit air-ether stabilizing effects.

new topics

top topics

join